Xbox 360 + Madden 08 + Free Wireless Controller @ CompUSA.com: Pro $410, Elite $450

[quote name='brendanrfoley']Is there a reason why in the 'Overview' it says:

DO NOT POST THIS BUNDLE - MADDEN IS NOT AVAILABLE.[/QUOTE]
Possibly because the game hasn't been released yet. Maybe on the launch you'll be able to add all aspects of the bundle to the cart.

[quote name='brendanrfoley']Is there a reason why in the 'Overview' it says:
DO NOT POST THIS BUNDLE - MADDEN IS NOT AVAILABLE.[/quote]

Madden 08 comes out on Tuesday. Try it then and see.

[quote name='brendanrfoley']If that's the case, I'm in. A Pro 360, Madden, and a controller for $350 is a steal.[/quote]

Yup.
Best 360 deal I ever saw.
Bought mine in November 2005 though.

If I could afford this I'd get it in a second. Ebay madden and you have a premium with another controller for around $300.

EDIT: That not posting thing does make me weary though. Perhaps it's only $350 now because madden isn't actually in it and it'll be back at $400 when it is (still a good deal, but not nearly as nice).

Says not available in store, so I'm guessing you'd end up with a non-HDMI unit? If you could pick it up in store and make sure they have HDMI units, it'd be a no brainer.

What I predicted came true (pretty much)! Only they actually upped it the full price of Madden so you're getting a wireless controller free, but nothing else.

Meh, with tax added it isn't much of a deal vs. buying things separately online. Amazon's still looking like the best deal to me.

[quote name='aktick']Meh, with tax added it isn't much of a deal vs. buying things separately online. Amazon's still looking like the best deal to me.[/QUOTE]

yep, after tax (tennessee) I'd be looking at $445-$450. But if it weren't tax included it would be one hell of a deal @ $410. $350 for the 360, $40 for Maddem 08, & $20 for the extra controller.

If this happens to drop to $350-375 + tax let me know.

[quote name='rhenzhen']Is this a Core or a Premium? It doesn't say on the Website... If it is a core... Not a good deal!...[/QUOTE]

the pic of the 360 shows a harddrive on the unit, but you never know.

[quote name='rhenzhen']Is this a Core or a Premium? It doesn't say on the Website... If it is a core... Not a good deal!...[/quote]

The picture shows the premium, so who knows

[quote name='rhenzhen']Is this a Core or a Premium? It doesn't say on the Website... If it is a core... Not a good deal!...[/quote]

Premium it says so in the product description

Bundle: Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite with Madden NFL 08 and FREE Black Wireless Controller (Xbox 360)
-Xbox 360 Elite System
Product Number: 345736
-Black Wireless Controller for Xbox 360
Product Number: 345748
Bundle Number: 29099
Usually Ships In: 1 - 2 Business Days
Rebates: $49.99 instant rebate(s)
Limit 1 per customer.

I think I am only getting a free controller like on the 360 Premium offer. This stinks. I am going to call and argue over the phone tomorrow.

Update: Its not available for "shipping" or "in store" any more.

Yeah, that sucks. It looks like they're out of Madden, according to this text on the product listing:

-- DO NOT POST THIS BUNDLE -- MADDEN IS NOT AVAILABLE (CAN'T ADD IT TO THE BUNDLE)

So it's now $449.99 for the Elite+Controller. Still decent but I'm thinking that tax and shipping will kill it for most people, especially since you can get the Elite from Amazon for the same price with free shipping.

Any advice?

I am going to call and verify tomorrow that it comes with as it says in the title. If they wont give it to me at the price I paid then I am going to cancel the order. So any advice on how I should argue that they sell me everything that was in the title of their offer or can they get away with the whole... "Madden not yet available" thing

yeah I wish it shipped with the hdmi pro system... I wonder if you could talk your way into making someone like Walmart price match them....

Also, does anyone here know if the Elite system already has the 65nm processor?

[quote name='circlethedrain']Also, does anyone here know if the Elite system already has the 65nm processor?[/QUOTE]
No, Elite so far has only used the Zephyr (90nm). Should be changing real soon though...this bundle is very tempting even though I really would rather wait a month or two. The Elite does have a heatsink built in and is overall much better than the ones in production from way back, but its still not going to be quite as reliable.

Bundle: Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite with Madden NFL 08 and FREE Black Wireless Controller

$449.99, shipping is free I believe.

Link

Good deal, if it weren't broken - 360 Elite + Madden + 2nd controller for $450 (probably going to be $500 when it works).

From the bundle overview:
-- DO NOT POST THIS BUNDLE -- MADDEN IS NOT AVAILABLE (CAN'T ADD IT TO THE BUNDLE) BUNDLE includes:
Oops.

I should've just ordered last night and complained if they didn't ship Madden with it. That wouldn've been a great deal even w/o the new 65nm Falcon chip.

It is not madden that is not available. I got a madden and a 360 controler mailed to me a few minutes ago. Compusa has NO 360's. I am pissed.

bread's done
Back