XBox 360 Memory Card

GuardianE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm trying to find a good deal on a memory card for the 360 and they all seem to be expensive for some odd reason. I figured that demand for these things would be pretty low considering that MS is planning on giving some away to Arcade owners for NXE and the new HDDs pretty much make them obsolete.

Anywho, I can't find any in stores at a decent price and I can't find them online at a decent price. Gamestop doesn't even list them as used on their website, so I can't get it from them. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought one on ebay for 12 bucks. I'd look there.

I doubt demand will be dropping much as people like me who bought new hard drives for NXE (or in my case, a new system) want them for system transfers.

Actually, I want one too. I'm planning on playing Fable 2 and I hate their auto save feature and a memory card can help offset this setback

[quote name='kev']I just bought one on ebay for 12 bucks. I'd look there.

I doubt demand will be dropping much as people like me who bought new hard drives for NXE (or in my case, a new system) want them for system transfers.[/quote]

Although if you bought a new system, can't you get a transfer kit?

I doubt demand will be dropping much as people like me who bought new hard drives for NXE (or in my case, a new system) want them for system transfers.[/QUOTE]

a 512?! :shock:

--
So, how can we go about getting a free 512 from MS?...:whistle2:k

[quote name='lilboo']a 512?! :shock:

--
So, how can we go about getting a free 512 from MS?...:whistle2:k[/quote]

I don't know if it's a 512, but I do know that MS is planning on doing something for arcade owners so they can get the NXE update since they don't have a harddrive.

I just checked on eBay and the only ones for that price right now are ones shipping from Hong Kong. I'm not exactly excited with the idea of getting a knockoff memory card. I'll keep checking though.

I have 4 64MB cards. Great for moving around your live profile around and maybe a game save or two. PM me for questions or offers

I have a 64mb one I bought for around 20 bucks with tax, I barely got a deal on it. Bought it simply because I went to the store and I didn't want to leave empty handed. Pretty use less size.

I also have a 256mb that came with my arcade unit which I got to replace a RROD 360. This is enough space to be some what useful but it's still not very useful since I have a 20 gig HDD.

If you are going to get a Memory unit, I'd say go for the 512, it's the only size that will not become a waste of matter once you factor in the hard drive. If I had the 512 I'd use it to move all my arcade games there and open up some extra space on the HDD which will be useful for game installs.

Eh, just get a hard drive if you don't have one already.

Other wise, the usual. Ebay or craigslist.

64 MB is way too small now... Even my profile is about to hit the 64+ MB range soon [depends on the amount of games you play / gamerscore]. On average I'd say you can do about 2k worth of Gamerscore for every MB of space...

256 are cheap because they came with the Arcade bundles and tons of people found them useless so put them up for sale/trade.

The 512s are only now being proliferated to the OLD Arcade bundle owners [the ones that didnt have the 256MB memory card consoles]. Did they send out alot? Who really knows because for one thing you had to sign up for it and and filling out a little form is too big of a hassle for far too many people in today's society. You will probably see a price drop on the 512s on eBay / Craiglists right after the holidays but that's just a guess...

I doubt demand will be dropping much as people like me who bought new hard drives for NXE (or in my case, a new system) want them for system transfers.[/QUOTE]

I'll sell mine for 12 shipped send me a pm TS

bread's done
Back