Xbox 360 Memory Unit 64mb $14 TRU

It won't be this price in store. TRU online and TRU retail stores are still operated as two separate entities. In addition retail stores will not price match the website.

[quote name='jetsetmario']It won't be this price in store. TRU online and TRU retail stores are still operated as two separate entities. In addition retail stores will not price match the website.[/quote]

Hey! That's my default answer for those types of questions! Copy cat! :D :D

[quote name='J7.']I thought I read many times on CAG that people got PM's by bringing in website print outs.[/quote]
I've done this a couple times at Best Buy in the last few months and they barely blinked.

Edit: Not sure if the "not available online" will give you any trouble. Both times my printout had the item in stock.

Thinking of picking one of these up to maybe use on my friends' 360s and then my own later on. Sorry for being totally Xbox-ignorant, but can I store just my profile settings on the memory unit and keep all my save game data on the HD? Also, is the 64MB unit worthwhile? I noticed at the store they had a 512 unit with free Worms, which is always welcome.

Yes, you can do that metaly

The 64MB unit should be fine for storing around saves and your profile, the 512 is aimed more towards people who want to carry some arcade games as well.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think that might be the way to go, then. Going to see if I can get Best Buy to do the price match thing.

[quote name='metaly']Thinking of picking one of these up to maybe use on my friends' 360s and then my own later on. Sorry for being totally Xbox-ignorant, but can I store just my profile settings on the memory unit and keep all my save game data on the HD? Also, is the 64MB unit worthwhile? I noticed at the store they had a 512 unit with free Worms, which is always welcome.[/QUOTE]
I actually keep a lot of my save data on the MU, too, so I can have access to it elsewhere. Save data is pretty small, and I keep all the DLC on the HDD. The 512 is definitely for people without hard drives.

[quote name='metaly']Just picked up the 64MB unit at Best Buy, and they price matched the ad. I'm excited.[/quote]would u happen to have a link anywhere? the OP link doesnt seem to work takes me to main page, cant find this anywhere, wouldnt mind taking to BB to pricematch

[quote name='jmillion']would u happen to have a link anywhere? the OP link doesnt seem to work takes me to main page, cant find this anywhere, wouldnt mind taking to BB to pricematch[/quote]

They seem to have taken the memory unit completely off the site. Sorry.

can anyone post up a screencap of it before it was taken off the site? i'd like to attempt a pricematch. Hard drives die and I don't want to lose all my saved games when it happens.

Sadly, it's no longer in my cache. But, they did let me keep my printout. If you want to drive over from Brooklyn, I'll gladly give it to you.

OMG. I HATE THOSE GUYS
They were jerks about everything!

I ended up going to CC, but nothing good, except clearence games.

Can you Scan the piece of paper?
Maybe that would help some of us.
You think BB would take that as proof?

[quote name='metaly']Sadly, it's no longer in my cache. But, they did let me keep my printout. If you want to drive over from Brooklyn, I'll gladly give it to you.[/QUOTE]

oh man, when i read this reply in my email i was all oh shit! he's in manhattan!
oh well, i guess 25 bucks from amazon aint bad

On a related note, my CompUSA had the 64mb memory card marked down to $19.99 tonight. Not as good as TRU, but still decent. They also had the 4000 point card marked down to $42.99.

Hrrrm, there are no longer any CompUSAs within 300 miles of me... but I have a feeling if I wait til the morning for BB to try a pricematch they'll be sold out and BB will deny me. (The one closest to me seems to love denying PMs, especially gaming ones)

It might be worth the $5 shipping to not have to deal with Eugene. ;)

(Edit: hrrm, the cards are only $29.99 at Circuit City and EBGames... I guess it's not THAT worth it to worry about ordering immediately...)

(Edit 2: They're $24.99 at Amazon.. gah, 1 cent under free shipping.. or basically the same price as at CompUSA after shipping)

Thanks for the heads-up about CompUSA. They have them in-stock at my local, but I'm going to post-PM at Best Buy and grab the points.

I got the PM at BB (CompUSA ad) today, too! I walked around to see if the guy who denies pretty much any PM was around (he wasn't; I knew this one was iffy enough as it was) and then handed the person working the videogame register the printout and asked if he'd match it. He took a LONG time looking at it and finally said it'd be fine but I'd have to go to the customer service desk.

So, it took a bit of waiting in line but I got it. :) Pretty surprised as the nearest CompUSA is a few hundred miles away...

Click spoiler for screencap:

6tcno0l.jpg

I have gotten to pm online stuff, but it usually depends on the price difference. I've gotten CC to pm stuff from amazon before, but only if there is a slight price difference.

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol:
You guys need to learn the googles.[/quote]

The googles from the interwebs, OF COURSE! Thanks good sir!

Question, did you guys who got the PM at BB. Did you get them to match the internet price? I'm hoping to go today with the ToysRUs printout. Thanks!

I'm going to Sears, BB and CC after work so hopefully, one of them will pm. There's a Sears by my house, too, and I heard that they are pretty good about pm'ing online deals.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm going to Sears, BB and CC after work so hopefully, one of them will pm. There's a Sears by my house, too, and I heard that they are pretty good about pm'ing online deals.[/quote]Sears PMed Crackdown at $18 and the 10% difference from Compusa's website even after all local Compusa B&Ms had closed months before. I'm not sure if ToysRUs is a site that they honor though. I'll try this too.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sears PMed Crackdown at $18 and the 10% difference from Compusa's website even after all local Compusa B&Ms had closed months before. I'm not sure if ToysRUs is a site that they honor though. I'll try this too.[/quote]

:applause: PM'ing a defunct store? That is classic.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm going to Sears, BB and CC after work so hopefully, one of them will pm. There's a Sears by my house, too, and I heard that they are pretty good about pm'ing online deals.[/quote]Oops. Just caught up with this thread and saw that the TRU website no longer has the memory card on site which makes Sears a pretty big YMMV. I'd take the Compusa printout as a backup because in my experience they went to a PC, brought up a webpage with links to all stores they PM and check the site to confirm the price and availability.

[quote name='LuisRM']Question, did you guys who got the PM at BB. Did you get them to match the internet price? I'm hoping to go today with the ToysRUs printout. Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, they matched it with no trouble. Just had to take it over to customer service.

bread's done
Back