XBOX 360 Non RROD Problem

souljah420

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Sorry if this has already been adressed, I did a search but could not find any help. My 360 recently crapped the bed, and I was wondering if anyone could help me change the sheets. I was playing Fifa 09, and something just looked off with the colors. Everything had this really weird green tint, but the game played fine and I finished the ass whooping I put on Manchester and turned off the XBOX. I didn't think much of it at the time and my XBOX360 remained powered off until about a week later when the Halo 3 I ordered off ebay arrived in the mail. I popped it in, but there was a major problem. The XBOX had sound that played through my TV, but the picture was just a series of dots that would move across the screen. I tried about everything I could think of, including using the component cables, using the standard rca cables, trying a different rca input on my tv, using a friends cable, using a different tv, but nothing seems to work. With the components the dots were colored purple, with the rca the dots were white. There are no red rings what so ever, but because of the sound still working I can tell that everything is booting up fine. Has anyone experienced this problem before? I would really rather try to fix it than get a new XBOX, but with the 15% off at dell, I can get a new one for like $175ish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

If your Xbox isnt 3 years old yet:

1. Call customer service.

2. Tell them your system RRoD'd

3. Send that shit off.

4. Play games on your refurb till it dies.

I had a similar problem and then the red ring happened. Also had a similar problem and the graphics output died on a repaired one. You could hear sound but no video output. Everything worked , or seemed to, but no video.

[quote name='souljah420']is there any way to tell the age of my system from a serial number or something?[/QUOTE]

Just call customer service and tell them your system RRoD'd..whe nyou give them the serial they will tell you if it is still under warranty

ok, i have heard that if you mail a system back to microsoft is has to be rrod to be covered under warranty. is this true?

btw thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it.

seriously.....do what I told you above. I got the E74 error 2 years after having my 360. Called cs and told them it was RRoD. They fixed it. Dont try to fix it yourself if the company who put it out will fix it for you and give you a small warranty on the fix.

bread's done
Back