XBOX 360 NOT available this Friday at CC (clarified).

slimpip

CAGiversary!
Circuit City’s PR managers have responded to our request for clarification on the confusing language on the Circuit City website. Here’s the real deal:

Circuit City will begin selling a limited supply of Xbox 360 bundles on www.circuitcity.com beginning 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18, 2005. These units will ship on 11/21/2005; customers who opt to pay extra for next-day delivery can do so to get their Xbox in their homes on 11/22/2005.

We are not selling them earlier in our stores; I apologize for the misinformation you received from the call center. We will have Xbox 360 units for sale in all Circuit City stores nationwide beginning 10 a.m. local time on 11/22/2005. They are first-come, first-served as we did not allow any preorders.

Joystiq entry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://joystiq.com/entry/1234000653067811/

Circuit City Page

Update: more details. According to a Circuit City customer service rep we just spoke to when we called 1-800-843-2489, every physical Circuit City location will be selling the console this Friday at 2pm ET. Just to be sure, we called again and spoke to a second rep at 1-800-843-2489: “Yes, it will be available this Friday at 2pm ET online as well as at our stores.”

Hmmm... interesting. It is only available in the bundles they have put together (which suck if you ask me...TWO racing games?). Judging from the quote above, it seems confrimed, unless there has been some sort of major breakdown in communication throughout the whole CC system.

EDIT: As someone mentioned it could be a sale for pre-orders. Could be Black Friday since the CC site only says Friday, no date. Who the hell knows?

EDIT 2: OK something that sounds somewhat solid off of Joystiq comments.....

Buy the box at $590 ... put money down... Collect a ticket ... Go back to Circuit City on 22nd and collect your box. NO MS sign off ... no rule breaking ... just simple old pre-sale tactics :)

EDIT 3: Looks more and more like this is going to be a pre-order sale where you buy the bundle on Friday, collect a ticket, and go pick it up on Tuesday the 22nd.

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up :) But, who knows.... maybe CC will break the street date...

Bah, i dont trust CC after the crap they put me and my dad through last christmas when the DS came out.

Besides, thats probly for Pre-orders on bundle sets, maybe?

Too bad Circuit City's bundles were composed by a retard. Two racing games and a media remote that's just a little better than the one included with the system?

DAMMIT, u can preorder it on Friday.....
read more carefully next time. Seen this posted everywhere

Also it could be a typo meaning they are selling them on black friday as a few retailers have chosen to do.

[quote name='Zoglog']DAMMIT, u can preorder it on Friday.....
read more carefully next time. Seen this posted everywhere[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing.

read more carefully next time. Seen this posted everywhere[/QUOTE]
I knew it was too good to be true

read more carefully next time. Seen this posted everywhere

Also it could be a typo meaning they are selling them on black friday as a few retailers have chosen to do.[/QUOTE]

The quote from customer service reps says it's available for purchase Friday, not preorder.

There's no way this is true for B&M unless the general release date is surreptitiously being moved to friday. CC wouldn't risk angering Microsoft by breaking the street date on a release like this. In fact, none of the big retailers ever do- they value their relationships with their suppliers. The only possibility (besides a CC employee screw-up) is CC selling these online with promises of delivery by Tuesday. I suppose this would be acceptable to Microsoft.

OK something that sounds somewhat solid off of Joystiq comments.....

Buy the box at $590 ... put money down... Collect a ticket ... Go back to Circuit City on 22nd and collect your box. NO MS sign off ... no rule breaking ... just simple old pre-sale tactics :)

I call BS.
I'm sure its just the pre-orders that are available.
Since when do we trust customer services reps to know what they are talking about?

That's a terrible bundle. a media remote (when it already comes with one), another wireless controller (this is alright but I'd rather get a wired one for $10 cheaper), and TWO racing games (no thanks 1 would be sufficient).

I can't believe people are so gullible to believe this is possible. It's already been stated that BB and Walmart are the official Distributors and if anyone were launching early it would be them. But since that is not the case I think it's pretty obvious what it means.

Not gonna waste anymore time on this, get your hopes up if you want to so deseperately

Quote:

I read that to, they wont break the street date. They would get their selling rights jerked away if they break it wouldn't they?

Well I haven't worked at CC very long, but I've still heard nothing about the 36- being available on Friday. Like others said no way we'd just break a street date like that and expect to get away with it. I'll ask around at work tomorrow and Tuesday, but this seems like it would just be pre-orders for instore pickup (or shipments) on the 22nd.

[quote name='Troopa']You can get seasalt by the sea shore store.[/QUOTE]
I need directions to said sea shoe for salt, will sally be selling?
Stop disproving this rumor! It would have been fun to go to CC and watch little timmy come out sad :( all form the comfort of my cable van. I know this is a rumor but hey I did get 2 Xbox live kits 3 weeks early from Traget.

[quote name='Michaellvortega'] I know this is a rumor but hey I did get 2 Xbox live kits 3 weeks early from Traget.[/QUOTE]

There's no street date for the accesories. I was told we are even allowed to sell the games as soon as we get them. Many stores are already selling copies of Kameo.

The people that say Circuit City should kiss goodbye their 2nd shipment should think of the possibility that MS and Circuit City might have a little deal going on. You never know what could happen.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']There's no street date for the accesories. I was told we are even allowed to sell the games as soon as we get them. Many stores are already selling copies of Kameo.[/QUOTE]

Xbox live kits form the ORIGINAL Xbox live 2001 or so.

Was their not something that they sold when they were not supposed to and they were asking people to bring it back. I'm thinking it either had to do with compusa or M$.

I seriously doubt they will be selling the actual console, they'll probley give people the option to pay for it, and then they get a voucher with a paid receipt then they can pick it up on the 22nd, that way they don't have people standing in front of their stores all night long. Plus the packages aren't even worth the money. Premium bundly #1: Premium bundle = 399.00 + Extra Wireless Controller = 49.99 + Remote (which is dumb cause the premium already has the limited edition remote !!!) 29.99 + PGR3 = 49.99 + NFS:MW = 59.99 equals......TOO MUCH....lol. the premium bundle comes with a remote and the first launch premiums will have the limited edition remote, plus they are charging 59.99 for PGR3 when it is retailing for 49.99 everywhere else. They're charging an extra $30 for NOTHING....lol. Circuit City's marketing team is pretty stupid....lmao.

Oh man how great would it be if some retailer did break street date ? There would be so many people pissed off. But I doubt we'll see any of that happening.

[quote name='CheapyD']I call BS.
I'm sure its just the pre-orders that are available.
Since when do we trust customer services reps to know what they are talking about?[/QUOTE]

what country were the CS reps from?

As I posted on another thread, CC will be holding all their units until black Friday. If anything this is a pre-order tactic. I went to my local store and asked, and I was told they're holding all their units until Black Friday, and they'll open at 7:00 a.m.

[quote name='dragonjud']As I posted on another thread, CC will be holding all their units until black Friday. If anything this is a pre-order tactic. I went to my local store and asked, and I was told they're holding all their units until Black Friday, and they'll open at 7:00 a.m.[/QUOTE]

I also posted this in another thread, although my local CC is opening at 5 AM on BF.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Too bad Circuit City's bundles were composed by a retard. Two racing games and a media remote that's just a little better than the one included with the system?[/QUOTE]

QFT. The PS2 bundle I was forced to buy from them at launch was bundled with FantaVision.

[quote name='dragonjud']As I posted on another thread, CC will be holding all their units until black Friday. If anything this is a pre-order tactic. I went to my local store and asked, and I was told they're holding all their units until Black Friday, and they'll open at 7:00 a.m.[/QUOTE]

I dunno where you got that, but I doubt that's true, Black Friday will be hectic enough there's no sense in mixing a system launch in with it. I glanced the memo at my CC today and it tells you what to do on the 22nd (which isn't Black Friday) for the launch almost step for step. Not to mention no other stores aren't doing the same so they'll just be losing Business to places like Best Buy and Walmart if they did this.

Confirmed preorder this friday at 2pm EST:

Web-only: Xbox 360 packages available Friday, 11/18 at 2pm EST*
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=136791&c=1&cm_re=main%20marquee-_-Get%20the%20ultimate%20gaming%20experience-_-Xbox%20360™
Available%20Friday%20at%202pm%20EST

bread's done
Back