Xbox 360 "Points"

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been doing some searching and I haven't seen much on this, but it's pretty frustrating looking at the XB points being so different from the american pricing.

Any idea when this may change? I just picked up a few thousand online, which is really next to nothing in the grand scheme of things. I was going to buy one of the XB Originals and then realized I'd be paying around 15 for something that I could probably find for 5 - 10 bucks, and have the original disk...

I know I'm whining, but just wondering if there's been any word?

Thanks,

[quote name='andsoitgoes']I've been doing some searching and I haven't seen much on this, but it's pretty frustrating looking at the XB points being so different from the american pricing.

Any idea when this may change? I just picked up a few thousand online, which is really next to nothing in the grand scheme of things. I was going to buy one of the XB Originals and then realized I'd be paying around 15 for something that I could probably find for 5 - 10 bucks, and have the original disk...

I know I'm whining, but just wondering if there's been any word?

Thanks,[/quote]
Considering our dollar is back under the US dollar, I don't see Microsoft rushing into doing that. I think the Originals are a waste to be honest for the fact that you just stated, it would be different if they were rare games or if they added new features like online multiplayer or achievements but at the current price you can easily find a used copy of cheaper with the possible exceptions of Indigo Prophecy and Psychonauts

I'm predicting that come boxing day stores will try to get rid of their point cards stock for cheap prices, at which point Microsoft will bring 1600 and 3200 points cards to Canada to replace the 1400 and 2800 point cards respectively. This is assumign the Canadian dollar doesn't dip too much in the near future. Please don't quote me on that lol. But yea, I'm avoiding points and hoping the prices come down too. I just hope it happens soon cause there's alot of stuff I want coming in early 08.

I don't see why they would NOT lower the pricing. Hell, Nintendo, the greedy guys they are, matched the US pricing as soon as the dollar shifted.

And since MS has been a jerk enough to region lock the points cards, it's incredibly unfair and it NEEDS to be fixed, dagnabit.

Xbox Live - $59.99/year, people like me been complaining about that for years and it doesn't go away or go down. $20 for only 1400, 1 Arcade game (SF2 from nearly 2 decades ago) and I only have enough left for something like a card game.

bread's done
Back