XBOX 360 Premium - $319.96 from Dell SB after 20% E&A coupon

A Murder of Crows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credit to TheDominion on SlickDeals.net

1. Get a Dell SB 20% off E&A coupon. Get these off EBAY (Link fixed)

2. Call up the Dell Small Business number - 1-877-816-3355. While waiting, remeber that you are ordering an electronic item, not a computer, and that you are calling Dell Small Business.

3. You are looking for item number A0561448. Get the rep to apply the coupon and place your order.

4. Your total should be $319.96 plus tax (if applicable) and shipping. TAX MAY KILL THIS DEAL FOR YOU, SO BUYER BEWARE!!! (Oregon = No Sales Tax)

Order Number: XXXXXXXX Estimated Ship Date: 08/02/2006

Item Number Quantity Item Description
A0561448 1 Xbox 360 Console

Subtotal: $319.96
Shipping & Handling (To Portland OR): $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $319.96

Coupon cost: $4.95 (instant ship)

total cost: $324.91

Note from TheDominion:

Not sure if any games are included in the 20% off, because software is prohibited, but you can try. Or you can go for the $800 bundle at 20% off ($640).

[quote name='azortex']I paid for my new premium $312 at overstock.com. I wonder how much longer before a better deal comes along. :boxing:[/quote]

*nods* yes, that overstock deal was amazing.....i missed it, jumped on this. Overstock is now out of stock, and the Exclusive savings that applied won't count again any time soon.

it *PROBABLY* could get better...the standard slickdeals tricks would apply....2% DPA possible if you can get a website order form that allows you to enter a coupon....cashback from Discover Card if you use that. i don't have a discover card, and i couldn't get a place to enter in the coupon, so i just decided to be happy with paying $12 more than i could have.

This deal is old news. I ordered mine last week. But I'm sort of pissed after learning that they are about to sweeten the deal on the premium system. So it's very possible if you waited a couple weeks you'd get more for this same deal.

how are they going to sweeten it? the news i heard was that the source was questionable at best.

Deal was dead for a week or so....there were no SB 20% off coupons to be seen. Also, dell claimed Out Of Stock on the system when i called 2 days ago.

The xbox is getting a smaller chip which is rumored to be faster but M$ stated that it would run quieter and with A LOT less heat.

New xbox 360 chips ship out in 2007, I'm waiting.

[quote name='Valkryst']The xbox is getting a smaller chip which is rumored to be faster but M$ stated that it would run quieter and with A LOT less heat.

New xbox 360 chips ship out in 2007, I'm waiting.[/QUOTE]

This is a great price but I think I'm going to wait for the newer model as well. It will probably break down less. Article can be found here for those who are wondering....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148098.html

The key about the smaller chip is that it is much cheaper to make (ie, they can fit more onto one master silicon wafer...instead of making X chips per wafer, they could make something like 1.7x chips per wafer). With that in place, MS is in a much better position to lower the 360's price without exposing themselves to even greater losses per unit.

[quote name='thrustbucket']All you gain with the newer model is possibly quieter?

Why wait, who cares. My games will be so loud while playing them, I won't notice.[/QUOTE]

My main concern is that it will produce less heat therefore overheat less.

[quote name='reallynotnick']First off where are these coupons coming from? Why can't I just get one for free?

Second of all I don't see it in the SB section, idk here is the system: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0561448

Why do you have to call? Can't you just order online?

What states do they charge sales tax in?

Sorry for all the questions. I think I will wait for the bundle to come *hopes* out but this is a really good deal.[/quote]

I believe the way the deal works, you have to get a Dell Small Business coupon, so you HAVE to buy it from Dell SB, not Dell Home.

The coupons come from various sources....some are sent in emails to past SB customers....some are won via dell's silly games....some in catalogs....some given in consession for something dell screwed up on. your results will vary.

and yes, calling is teh best way

I used this coupon and did this deal. placed my order on wensday, got the 360 on monday. It was a samsung drive unit (pretty sure) manufactured in may of this year. loud, but not worse than a broken down computer.

I live in Florida so I had to deal with tax. But, I did the DSB thing with the coupon and got the premium system, play and charge kit, and extra controller for 391 total cost. And quit complaining about the systems fan being loud, turn your volume up and focus on the game, then you won't have a problem

[quote name='A Murder of Crows']I believe the way the deal works, you have to get a Dell Small Business coupon, so you HAVE to buy it from Dell SB, not Dell Home.

The coupons come from various sources....some are sent in emails to past SB customers....some are won via dell's silly games....some in catalogs....some given in consession for something dell screwed up on. your results will vary.

and yes, calling is teh best way[/QUOTE]

How do I buy it from Dell Small Business? When I called they said I needed to buy thru a small business and I didn't know what to do.

So is this 20% going to last forever? Because I am sort of waiting for that PGR3 bundle to come over state side, or some sort of deal.

i bought a coupon last night and am just waiting for the person to send it..guh

So i got my coupon and called...got redirected a couple times til I got to the right department.
Once I was there I told him the item number and then I told him i had a coupon to use...He input everything then it was silent for awhile. He then proceeded to tell me that it would not work for this particular item. So i just said that's odd. And then it was just awkward silence on the phone.

[quote name='Dingleberry']i bought a coupon last night and am just waiting for the person to send it..guh

So i got my coupon and called...got redirected a couple times til I got to the right department.
Once I was there I told him the item number and then I told him i had a coupon to use...He input everything then it was silent for awhile. He then proceeded to tell me that it would not work for this particular item. So i just said that's odd. And then it was just awkward silence on the phone.[/QUOTE]
And then did you kiss?

k, from reading Slickdeals, apparently you just need to hang up and call again to get someone else. Some employees are apparently taking matters into their own hands and cockblocking 360 sales.

ok so heres the deal...the deal is still alive and coupons are still on ebay that expire the 11th for like $2. The first time i called i got some asshole and first he asked me if i had a coupon and i said yes and he said they were out of stock of xbox 360s in DSB and i had to order from dell home so i said fine and hung up. I called right back and got someone else and he told me that they were in stock and asked me if i had a coupon code and i said yes and he said " i saw that one coming". So i placed the order for the xbox 360 and an extra wireless controller for $376.00 with taxes to nj. The rep i spoke to was really cool and gave me his number in case i wanted to order more. So its still alive and a great deal.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpost.php?p=3515306&postcount=74

[quote name='crockpot77']Thats to bad. :(

So did anybody else try it? I want make sure 100% this will work before I can do this.[/QUOTE]
I decided that this was finally the right time to buy a Xbox 360. Madden 07 and Gears of War are looking too good to pass up this fall and it seems like Microsoft has ironed out their manufacturing process. Plus I was looking for a good deal in order for me to make the next gen step.

So I read all the earlier Dell coupon postings from a few sites and ordered a coupon from ebay last night Monday night ($2.49 total). I received the coupon in a few minutes in my email and called Dell's customer service the next morning. When the SB Customer support person answered I told them that I needed to make an order for my company and gave them the Xbox 360 part number (A0561448). I didn't even mention the product name. I then setup a new Small business account (takes a few seconds) and gave them the eBay coupon number. The CSR asked if this was for business and I said yes (Windows media compatibility testing unit). The CSR said that it sounds like we had a cool company and I said that compatibility testing isn't very exciting. I just acted like a small businees IT manager just ordering a product for someone in the company. They won't question you if it sounds like a real business order.

It was listed as 2-5 day free shipping and no sales tax since I live in Portland OR. It was scheduled to ship that Thursday but instead it shipped the same day and arrived on Thursday. I was very surprised!

So now I have a new Premium 360 for $319 bucks. It was manufactured in April 06 with an Hitachi DVD drive. And it runs cool and quiet even after playing for five hours over the weekend. I guess they have fixed the overheating problems from the launch. I also went to Toy R Us and picked up a $19.99 normal XBox Live 12 month card and it works perfectly. Downloading game demos is really a cool feature. All I need is Madden 07 next week. Plus I plan to pick up a couple used games on eBay

So this coupon does work like a charm and the price is only $20 dollars more than I paid for my PS2 at launch five years ago. Much better deal than the PS3. Plus I don't really like how they are shoving the Blueray down our throats at a higher price. So I guess my run with Sony is over. So far I'm really impressed with slick gaming machine.

Hope this Helps. K

Unfortunately, both my states of residence have sales tax (SC and IL). So I assume if I do get in on this, I'm going to be biting sales tax regardless.

OK OK!

so this deal is still alive...i decided to give them a call back, and it worked, although there is sales tax in Ohio I still bought it.

Things to beware of before calling...so you won't get caught off guard:

1) In the options, go to purchases of a business with under 400 people
2) They will ask you what your business name is...so make one before you call so you don't sound stupid like i did. (I said something like Kelley Inc.)
3) They will ask you what you will be using it for. (I took the above persons idea of saying for streaming media)

and i beleive that's it.

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]
*Sales Tax: $22.40

Shipping and/or Handling: $0.00

Product Sub Total : $319.96
Total Order Amount: $342.36
[/FONT]

So since this purchase is supposed to be coming from a small business does that mean I can't charge it to my Dell Preferred Account?
thanks to anyone who might know...
ron

[quote name='Dingleberry']OK OK!

so this deal is still alive...i decided to give them a call back, and it worked, although there is sales tax in Ohio I still bought it.

Things to beware of before calling...so you won't get caught off guard:

1) In the options, go to purchases of a business with under 400 people
2) They will ask you what your business name is...so make one before you call so you don't sound stupid like i did. (I said something like Kelley Inc.)
3) They will ask you what you will be using it for. (I took the above persons idea of saying for streaming media)

and i beleive that's it.

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]
*Sales Tax: $22.40

Shipping and/or Handling: $0.00

Product Sub Total : $319.96
Total Order Amount: $342.36
[/FONT][/quote]

By the way, I grew up in Kettering Ohio !!! I went to Orchard Park, Van Buren, and Fairmont ! I live in Cincinnati now... and I am super excited about this deal... hope it works !

[quote name='themaker111']By the way, I grew up in Kettering Ohio !!! I went to Orchard Park, Van Buren, and Fairmont ! I live in Cincinnati now... and I am super excited about this deal... hope it works ![/quote]

weird...I was supposed to go to orchard park but went to indian riffle instead. And also went to that middle and high school.

Oh great... the guy ask me what item I was ordering... I try to tell him the item number and he insisted for the item name, so then i just hung up. Do all of them ask what item you are ordering? Do they even care what it is?

bread's done
Back