Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

If you haven't gotten this yet, I highly recommend Buy.com. The free shipping took like 4 days, over the past holiday weekend and I also got a 175 team FDOU

What have people's experiences been getting 360's from Amazon? They still have the "Go Pro" consoles with the games bundled in stock, and I'm tempted to grab one. From what I've read in this thread, it looks like everybody who orders from Amazon is getting a Falcon now. I've been waiting for a while to get a 360, but it doesn't seem like deals come up all that often on the console, so I figured I might as well get it with the games while I still can. Does Amazon have an incredibly stringent return policy or anything? Thanks for any help!

[quote name='Xfactor4']Just got back from Best Buy. They finally got some more XBOX 360 GO PRO units in stock but NO MORE holiday bundles.

Forgot to check the lot # though....

Fyi...

Xfactor4[/quote]

They're starting to show up around here as well. Team FDOU, lot 750.

I'm still within the 30 day return window, and today I'm going in to see if I can get a PRP on my current unit. The Delta fans in the lot 747 units are pretty loud though, so if they won't just sell me a PRP on my current console I guess the chance at getting the quieter fans would make it worth the hassle to buy a new one and take the previous one back.

So do these Falcon 360 solve the constant freezing problems & dirty disc errors? Has there been any reported red ring with the falcons? I dont want to invest on another problematic system again...

[quote name='rcaido']So do these Falcon 360 solve the constant freezing problems & dirty disc errors? Has there been any reported red ring with the falcons? I dont want to invest on another problematic system again...[/QUOTE]

The 360 is a mechanical and electronic device. they WILL have problems from time to time (like any system, the Wii and PS3 have had their share of problems as well), no matter what chip it is (falcon, or the newer jasper arriving later this year)

The amount has been significantly minimized, but yes, people have still reported issues with the falcons, just not NEARLY as many.

Amazingly I spotted a whole bunch of Pro bundles with Forza/MuA. My local TRU had them. FDOU lot 741 - but power listed is 203w. It's a gamble, but you may or may not get a Zephyr.

[quote name='Drnick']The 360 is a mechanical and electronic device. they WILL have problems from time to time (like any system, the Wii and PS3 have had their share of problems as well), no matter what chip it is (falcon, or the newer jasper arriving later this year)

The amount has been significantly minimized, but yes, people have still reported issues with the falcons, just not NEARLY as many.[/quote]You are right, the 360 is just as reliable as the Wii and PS3.

I believe he was referring to the falcon 360, not the previous version, and he was pointing out the fact that mechanical systems have problems from time to time.

(FYI, I had problems with my Wii, long before my 360)

I picked up a lot #0749 Xbox Pro last night. Manufactured 12/07 :p. I'm pretty sure I have a Falcon, lol.

This was not a holiday bundle though (they were out). I'm happy enough to get a newer system though.

[quote name='dallow']Sarcasm directed at the person I quoted.[/quote]

Ah, got it. ;) or :roll: are your friends...

Too bad, though - was hoping for some data. Hopefully the Falcon has at least brought the 360 in the same ballpark.

[quote name='gantt']Good to know. And the evidence to support your statement is?

I haven't seen Nintendo or Sony repeatedly extend their warranties to cover reliability issues.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jul2007/tc2007075_604500.htm[/quote]

I can say my 360 has been more reliable than my wii(s). I am currently on my third wii (less than 12 months - 1st was bad out of the box, would hard fail anytime playing a gamecube game, 2nd one had a graphics problem where it looked like pepper was being shaked over the middle of the screen, all replaced by nintendo) and my 2nd 360 (18 months for my first one to die - GPU failed). I imagine that I am in the severe minority to say my MS product has been more reliable than my nintendo product.

My PS3 has been a thing of beauty.

Freakin Wii has failed for the 2nd time. Not sure if I want to call Nintendo again.

[quote name='dallow']My PS3 has been a thing of beauty.

Freakin Wii has failed for the 2nd time. Not sure if I want to call Nintendo again.[/QUOTE]

Okay? :applause:

[quote name='autche']I can say my 360 has been more reliable than my wii(s). I am currently on my third wii (less than 12 months - 1st was bad out of the box, would hard fail anytime playing a gamecube game, 2nd one had a graphics problem where it looked like pepper was being shaked over the middle of the screen, all replaced by nintendo) and my 2nd 360 (18 months for my first one to die - GPU failed). I imagine that I am in the severe minority to say my MS product has been more reliable than my nintendo product.[/QUOTE]

My brothers PS3 has frozen a handful of times since we got it this summer. My 360 (Falcon) has not frozen once since November 1st which get used the most. My Wii hardly ever get used....

just so everyone knows: When you send in a system to Nintendo for repairs, they "reset the warranty timer." Meaning: repaired systems have a brand-new one-year warranty, starting from the date of your RMA. Normally I'd be angry that I need to send in my fourth (!) DS Lite, but it's been well over a year since I bought it and I'm still covered.

[quote name='The Warlock']just so everyone knows: When you send in a system to Nintendo for repairs, they "reset the warranty timer." Meaning: repaired systems have a brand-new one-year warranty, starting from the date of your RMA. Normally I'd be angry that I need to send in my fourth (!) DS Lite, but it's been well over a year since I bought it and I'm still covered.[/quote]I'm really happy to hear that, I might send it in again now.

[quote name='devildr1ver']any suggestions on where to buy one of these? Im buying one tomorrow[/quote]

Well, if you're planning on buying one in store and looking for a Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 bundle of games with the console, it may be a little hard to find one locally. Some people may be having luck buying one online, but that's not a 100% guarantee, too.

I think microsoft has stopped making 360's. At least bestbuy isn't selling them any more. Havn't seen a single premium or elite since last year in my local bestbuys.

and their online page had "sold out online" and "not available for pick up" for a freaking long time

what is going on? I got a friend saying that he wants to buy a 360 falcon, but he tried all the retail stores....I don't even know what to tell him.

[quote name='supaet']I think microsoft has stopped making 360's. At least bestbuy isn't selling them any more. Havn't seen a single premium or elite since last year in my local bestbuys.

and their online page had "sold out online" and "not available for pick up" for a freaking long time

what is going on? I got a friend saying that he wants to buy a 360 falcon, but he tried all the retail stores....I don't even know what to tell him.[/quote] lol, I've been having the same problem for awhile. They had about 10 elite's in stock near the end of December, and after I got the $$$ to buy one they haven't come in stock to any B&M nearby ever since. I call once in a while and they tell me they're expecting them by a certain day, I call back again and they say they never got them, and with my most recent call, they said they have no idea when they'll get more in stock.

All they have left are Arcade versions >.>

I bought an elite from their website a couple weeks back but it didn't even come with the two free games, the HDMI cable was missing, and it sounded like something was loose inside so I returned it :roll:

[quote name='supaet']I think microsoft has stopped making 360's. At least bestbuy isn't selling them any more. Havn't seen a single premium or elite since last year in my local bestbuys.

what is going on? I got a friend saying that he wants to buy a 360 falcon, but he tried all the retail stores....I don't even know what to tell him.[/quote]

Tell him to get one from Amazon. They still have them in stock and are shipping Falcon motherboards. Choose free shipping option and no sales tax !

Gotta love it.

Xfactor4

[quote name='Inf^Shini']lol, I've been having the same problem for awhile. They had about 10 elite's in stock near the end of December, and after I got the $$$ to buy one they haven't come in stock to any B&M nearby ever since. I call once in a while and they tell me they're expecting them by a certain day, I call back again and they say they never got them, and with my most recent call, they said they have no idea when they'll get more in stock.

All they have left are Arcade versions >.>

I bought an elite from their website a couple weeks back but it didn't even come with the two free games, the HDMI cable was missing, and it sounded like something was loose inside so I returned it :roll:[/quote]
My Toys R Us Brick and Morter stores local to me have GO Pro models that are Lot #743 and Falcon Chipset holiday bundles still !

2 left when I called yesterday.

BUT YES. 360's are very hard to find these days !!

Good luck..

Xfactor

P.S. Elite's are IMPOSSIBLE to find in retail stores from my experience. I bought mine Dec. 26th at Best Buy and I haven't seen them since !

[quote name='devildr1ver']any suggestions on where to buy one of these? Im buying one tomorrow[/quote]
Uhhh.. Call your local Kmart, Walmart, Sears, Target, Gamestop, Circuit City, Best Buy or Toys R Us...

Thats my advice anyways.. One of them should have one HOPEFULLY:roll:

These things are rare and in demand lately.

Good luck !

Xfactor4

P.S. Or you can always order one from Amazon.com They still have the holiday bundles of Xbox 360 Go Pro models showing in stock and they are shipping Falcon motherboards these days.

[quote name='eau']Costco has the new 360 bundles which includes a Falcon (175W PSU), COD4 game, an extra wireless controller and a charger. $439.99.[/QUOTE]

I saw them yesterday at Costco, lot 748, Team CSON, 203 w. Are these Falcons?

[quote name='Zygote']I saw them yesterday at Costco, lot 748, Team CSON, 203 w. Are these Falcons?[/quote]
Yes they are. The power supply inside will be 175 watt even though the box says 203 watt. Team CSON has a problem with their stickers on the outside of the box needing to be updated to reflect the newer 175 watt power supply.

Box will say 203 watt. Inside you will find a 175 watt !:lol: Yesssss....

Xfactor4

Arcades and Halo units at my BB tonight. The Elite is still shown on the xbox.com home page, so I guess it still exists in theory.

Maybe production will ramp up once Chinese New Year is over...

Take this link with a grain of salt, but according to the "inside scoop," falcon failure rates are around 10%.

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_inside_source_reveal_the_truth_about_xbox_360_red_ring_of_death_failures.php

As for the PS3 failure rates, there's nothing conclusive but google searches yield claims stating a failure rate of around 2%.

[quote name='gantt']Ah, got it. ;) or :roll: are your friends...

Too bad, though - was hoping for some data. Hopefully the Falcon has at least brought the 360 in the same ballpark.[/quote]

[quote name='strongcoffee']Take this link with a grain of salt, but according to the "inside scoop," falcon failure rates are around 10%.

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_inside_source_reveal_the_truth_about_xbox_360_red_ring_of_death_failures.php

As for the PS3 failure rates, there's nothing conclusive but google searches yield claims stating a failure rate of around 2%.[/quote]

Thanks for the link. Seems still quite early to get accurate data for the Falcon, but 10% at least handily beats 30%+.

So, are there any actual 360 elite bundles in stores anymore?
I heard someonje mention Costco carries them again?
But with COD4...?

[quote name='paz9x']
[quote name='McNutsack']So, are there any actual 360 elite bundles in stores anymore?
I heard someonje mention Costco carries them again?
But with COD4...?[/quote]
bb doesnt carry elites in store it appears. i settled for a falcon.[/quote]

I've never heard of a 360 Elite bundle with COD4, but maybe it was a Costco-only thing.

Any 360 could be a Falcon, including an Elite.

I haven't seen an Elite in a store (BB, CC, Target, etc.) since ~Christmas. I've seen one (!) standard 360 in a BB since then. I saw 2 or 3 at a TRU the other day, including a holiday bundle.

It really mystifies me what is going on with the 360 supply chain. I submit it's harder to get a standard or Elite 360 now than a Wii, at least around here. I've seen stories about how industry analysts expect the PS3 to gain share on the 360 in January, and I'm thinking, yeah, because there are hardly any 360s (except Arcades) available to buy.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/05/analyst-american-ps3-sales-to-match-xbox-360-in-2008/

[quote name='gantt']I've never heard of a 360 Elite bundle with COD4, but maybe it was a Costco-only thing.

Any 360 could be a Falcon, including an Elite.

I haven't seen an Elite in a store (BB, CC, Target, etc.) since ~Christmas. I've seen one (!) standard 360 in a BB since then. I saw 2 or 3 at a TRU the other day, including a holiday bundle.

It rreally mystifies me what is going on with the 360 supply chain. I submit it's harder to get a standard or Elite 360 now than a Wii, at least around here. I've seen stories about how industry analysts expect the PS3 to gain share on the 360 in January, and I'm thinking, yeah, because there are hardly any 360s (except Arcades) available to buy.[/quote]

No doubt.

anyone could actually call BB and confirm this? I highly doubt they carry elite's and I'm looking one aswell

[quote name='Zhanmadao']anyone could actually call BB and confirm this? I highly doubt they carry elite's and I'm looking one aswell[/quote]

Confirm what?

From BestBuy.com:
Microsoft - Xbox 360 Elite Console - Black
Shipping: Sold Out
Store Pickup: Not Available

I saw several Elites at one time at BB in December, but none since then. Dunno what this all means for the future of the Elite at Best Buy. At least it's still got a listing on the website, unlike the 80GB PS3, which is a goner.

BTW, the standard 360 also currently shows "Not Available" for Store Pickup.

I can not for the life of me find an ELITE in the Inland Empire.
Granted I wont need a bigger HD for at least 2 years, I just know that the most bang for your buck is those Costco Elite bundles which I can't find!
A free game or 2 as well as an extra controller, for the same price as other elites. You just can't compete. All I see is a COD4 pro bundle now.
Guess I'll wait a couple more weeks...like I've been for half a year now.

[quote name='gantt']Well, it's not just us CAGs...
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/01/where-in-the-world-is-the-xbox-360-elite/[/quote]

Interesting conspiracy theory:

You think this had anything to do with CES and HD DVD?

What if they intended to start putting HD DVD drives in the elites and then cancelled the announcement in the Bill Gates keynote and this is fall out of the phasing out of elite units without the introduction of the elite HD DVD xbox?

yea ive been waiting for cc to get one in stock for a while now.. im completely 360 less...

microsoft needs to either get these back in stores or come up with a new sku

[quote name='spideymike']I haven't seen an elite in the Cleveland area, too since December. I settled on a Pro and I'm happy with it (for now).[/quote]

Elite's Back in stock at BUY.COM @ $449 and FREE SHIPPING too ! :lol:

Xfactor4

P.S. I haven't seem them anywhere else other than EBAY and I am in California with like 30 retailers within 50 mile radius and NOBODY has any ELITE'S !!?!? Make's me sure glad I got my Falcon Elite (w/BenQ drive and Nidec fans too woot!) last week from Sharper Image !:cool:

bread's done
Back