Xbox 360 Premium system 20 gig 159.99 at Tigerdirect.com

[quote name='jdlmm80']Is this site legit[/quote]

Absolutely yes. It's a top-notch online computer store. Two years ago I ordered around $1000 of computer parts over the course of a month to build a computer and they are one of the best sites i've ever done business with. yes yes yes, order from here!

My old roommate used to buy PC parts from this site all the time so yeah, they're real. Console is a refurb and only has the 20gig hard drive which is probably why it's so cheap. Good deal if I was assured no RROD.

Yes, Tigerdirect is definitely legit...As to the quality of the 360...If they're selling 360s with 20 gig hard drives, it'll likely be a refurbished 360, or one that is VERY prone to the red rings. Regardless, the warranty will be close to expiration.

For $160, it's a very iffy buy, in my eyes. But that's just because I think Microsoft has been selling a shitty quality system up until this Black Friday. If you're looking for a cheap 360, go for it. Just don't expect the thing to last longer than a year.

My advice, spend the extra money and get a new console with a manufacturing date after July of last year. It'll last you for years, unless something other than a heating issue is the problem.

On a separate note, I think GameCrazy has used 360s for $160, without the hard drive.

Get and arcade one on a Dell deal and buy a used/refurb HD (or get it free if MS is still offering that). Stay far away from any refurbs that aren't HDMI (at least the ones with HDMI may be less likely to Red Ring).

I agree with just about everyone else. TigerDirect is a very good site to deal with, but this is an iffy deal for a refurbed 360. Better off investing a little more for a new system with better hardware inside.

[quote name='turls']Get and arcade one on a Dell deal and buy a used/refurb HD (or get it free if MS is still offering that). Stay far away from any refurbs that aren't HDMI (at least the ones with HDMI may be less likely to Red Ring).[/quote]

I used to think the same thing. My xbox made in September 07 with HDMI red-ringed on Friday, about an a year and half after I bought it. Its on its way back to MS.

Mod/OP should add REFURB to thread title.

Not really a deal after shipping costs unless its free maybe. These are $169.00 at Gamestop all day long and you don't have to wait for shipping. Also as others have said, a used hdd and a brand new Jasper chipset Arcade seem a better deal if you can afford the extra change.

bread's done
Back