Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

[quote name='KaneRobot']They start "so freaking high" because people with limitless expendable income and/or no self control will buy it regardless of price.

You're obviously in my boat...I have no desire to own an overpriced system on day one, especially after learning my lesson by buying an XBox and Dreamcast on launch eve/day. I can wait until my birthday/tax return window (March/April-ish)...price drop shouldn't take much longer after that.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they start so high because thats how expensive they are. Microsoft is losing money selling the 360 at $400.

And before you start arguing, I have no desire to pay that much either. Just stating a fact.

I found something interesting someone might want to test. I bought the bundle from walmart last night and some how left a 2nd one in my cart. This morning when I looked at my cart it had the bundle in there, but then it also had every item in the bundle seperated in the cart. I was able to delete the bundle and leave the rest. In theory I couldh ave deleted everything but the system and hit check out. I dont have the money to go screwing around with that, after putting out almost 700 on the bundle, but if any of you guys want to try it out and see what happens, it might be worth it. I also noticed that on my order page they broke the items out of the bundle (probably because they arent positive that they are going to ship at the same time) so it still might be possible to get just the system from walmart.

So, if I goto a local EBgames I can reserve the system for $399?????? I will have to head there today. I could care less if I get one on the first wave, I just don't want to spend on a bundle and maybe get the system b4 Christmas.

Here's what I recommend:

If you have a local Gamecrazy store (usually attached to Hollywood video), go there and pre-order one. They don't do bundles. That and you won't have to pay an outrageous amount on shipping and still get two games. $500 for the pro console w/ two games.

Git 'er dun!

[quote name='Wolfanoz']Here's what I recommend:

If you have a local Gamecrazy store (usually attached to Hollywood video), go there and pre-order one. They don't do bundles. That and you won't have to pay an outrageous amount on shipping and still get two games. $500 for the pro console w/ two games.

Git 'er dun![/QUOTE]

No luck there. Besides I have money saved up in a EBedge card that I would use for downpayment.
:lol:

In my history, Wal Mart is HORRIBLE at shipping things on time. I've had to order stuff from them online because when I made a refund, they put the whole balance on a gift card. :bomb:

I couldn't find what I wanted at the local store and it took like over 2 weeks to get here when it should take at least 1.

Plus I can't stand UPS. Why can't more companies use FedEx? :cry:

[quote name='Wolfanoz']In my history, Wal Mart is HORRIBLE at shipping things on time. I've had to order stuff from them online because I couldn't find what I wanted at the local store and it took like over 2 weeks to get here when it should take at least 1.

Plus I can't stand UPS. Why can't more companies use FedEx? :([/QUOTE]

I preordered the fisrt xbox from them with the cheap shipping and got it with in a couple days of launch. Items like this they almost always get well before the release date and tend to ship them out before hand.

[quote name='RoadDogg']I preordered the fisrt xbox from them with the cheap shipping and got it with in a couple days of launch. Items like this they almost always get well before the release date and tend to ship them out before hand.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good enough to me.

[quote name='RoadDogg']I preordered the fisrt xbox from them with the cheap shipping and got it with in a couple days of launch. Items like this they almost always get well before the release date and tend to ship them out before hand.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I prefer to go the $500 dollar pick-up route for a pro console w/ 2 games. Hope my laptop sells soon so I can pay the pre-order off. :bouncy:

[quote name='davidb69']So, if I goto a local EBgames I can reserve the system for $399?????? I will have to head there today. I could care less if I get one on the first wave, I just don't want to spend on a bundle and maybe get the system b4 Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I called my local ebgames store. They said they DID sell system only but only in limited quanities and they are currently out and are only taking online preorders at this time via the bundles. They recommended that I call back next month to check if they were going to have more available. So it's possible that I can preorder an XBOX 360 without the bundle but I have no doubt that I probably will wait till after Christmas. Has anyone else noticed that Xbox 360 still doesn't have a firm release date???? The last rumored date I heard of November 4th, now listed as November 15th but this was never made official. Since that date is only 2 months away, you'd think there would be a firm date by now unless it's been delayed. The only thing I can think of is Microsoft knows that it can't release on time(b4 Christmas) so it's saying nothing due to racking in money on preorders. Silence seems to say more at this point.

[quote name='davidb69']I called my local ebgames store. They said they DID sell system only but only in limited quanities and they are currently out and are only taking online preorders at this time via the bundles. They recommended that I call back next month to check if they were going to have more available. So it's possible that I can preorder an XBOX 360 without the bundle but I have no doubt that I probably will wait till after Christmas. Has anyone else noticed that Xbox 360 still doesn't have a firm release date???? The last rumored date I heard of November 4th, now listed as November 15th but this was never made official. Since that date is only 2 months away, you'd think there would be a firm date by now unless it's been delayed. The only thing I can think of is Microsoft knows that it can't release on time(b4 Christmas) so it's saying nothing due to racking in money on preorders. Silence seems to say more at this point.[/QUOTE]

Here you go:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1319493#post1318860

The next version of Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox game console will be available in the United States two days before Thanksgiving, in time for the important holiday shopping season, the company said Wednesday.

The Nov. 22 launch of Xbox 360 in North America will be followed by a Dec. 2 launch in Europe and a Dec. 10 launch in Japan.

I posted this morning about the dates and Microsoft nails me with an actual release date today.

[quote name='Nightfall']Is it just me or did WalMart.com bump their premium package up $100 with nothing added?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. What's up with that? It's coming soon though....

[quote name='Nightfall']Is it just me or did WalMart.com bump their premium package up $100 with nothing added?[/QUOTE]

It took me a few minutes, but I realized they added the $100 wireless network adapter.

Anyone else feel that they're going to be somewhat disappointed with the 360? I mean yeh, it looks awesome and the specs are really nice and I can't wait to play a 360 AAA game but I dunno, I just can't bring myself to pay that much money for a console... :twoguns: Inflation is a bad bad thing.

The Premium 360 Bundle is now up to 700 something instead of 600. That Sucks. All these people are just trying to cash in on the Holiday Season and break everybody. Ill wait and just buy a Premium and whatever game I want the day it comes out. They say if you dont preorder you wont get it but how many times have they said that.

Can't you just preorder one of these bundles, say from like Gamestop, and then take back whatever you don't want from the bundle for a full refund to the store? Just curious as I the invoice from the bundle actually lists each item out separately...

[quote name='Pooter']Can't you just preorder one of these bundles, say from like Gamestop, and then take back whatever you don't want from the bundle for a full refund to the store? Just curious as I the invoice from the bundle actually lists each item out separately...[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but particularly in this case, the stores know that the only way they sold the items were as a bundle. So they might just not allow you to do a partial return. Suppose you could wait and see what happens though.

I preordered the $300 core bundle today at my EB B&M store. The premium packs were already sold out but they had spots left for the core system so I just went ahead and preordered that one. No big deal to me, I can pick up a hard drive for it when I pick it up. I don't need a wireless controller or a DVD remote.

[quote name='pestario']All Wal-Mart bundles sold out[/QUOTE]

the two core bundles still say instock for me. and it seems that they added a new package with the good system, year of live, extra controller and battery crap, 3 games and a face plate. $689. Not a horrible bundle, but I'm glad i got in on the 619 one before it turned 719

are other retailers like bestbuy/target/meijer/circuit city running preorders at all? and what about local walmarts? if not, i tlooks like i know where i will be lining up monday night...

[quote name='Sulmona']are other retailers like bestbuy/target/meijer/circuit city running preorders at all? and what about local walmarts? if not, i tlooks like i know where i will be lining up monday night...[/QUOTE]

No, you will just have to be lined up outside of one those stores on the 21st to pay full price for something that isn't worth it. Put hey that's just IMHO.

to be honest i just want one since it will likely double in price on ebay by christmas, ill take a cool $300 (basically a free 360) for selling one

[quote name='uzumaki_star']No, you will just have to be lined up outside of one those stores on the 21st to pay full price for something that isn't worth it. Put hey that's just IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Thank god I live in a small town with only like 4000 people. I just hope my WalMart gets them in when they are supposed to. They really suck with games, but it might be different with an actual console...at least I hope. I don't mind hanging outside a WalMart for 5-6 hours to get a 360 at launch. Ours opens at 7am, so I'm just going to have to camp out.

I just cancelled my preorder today. It's not that I find the cost excessive, (although the bundles are definately putting customers through the ringer) I want to see the PS3 and Xbox 360 libraries go head to head. Besides the games that are multi-platform, my favorite games are RPGs and adventures. Not that MS isn't trying to court more Japanese devlopment, but I think I'd rather wait it out and see.

[quote name='Sulmona']to be honest i just want one since it will likely double in price on ebay by christmas, ill take a cool $300 (basically a free 360) for selling one[/QUOTE]

Amen.

The Xbox 360 will be an expensive paperweight for the first 6 months. (Yes, it can play old Xbox games, but so can your old Xbox.)

I wish I could see the looks on all faces of those spoiled brats whose parents spent double the retail price when they realize that.

I blame this on every person who camped out and made rushes for a PS2. Yes I love my system and yes it's worth every penny, but I waited a year or so. I didn't worry about getting on the newest system just to have bragging rights... I was content with finishing out the current gen.

This, simply put, is stores riding the hype that the PS2 and X-Box started.

Besides, you know that within a year or less, you can buy a plain ol' X-Box 360 without the bundle crap (and possibly with a price reduction). I'm sure there's enough current-gen stuff to satisfy you for the next year. And if there's not, you're playing too many damn games. Go get a job or take a walk or something.

Oh, and $2,000 for the Omega bundle? I understand that some people will want to buy every game and every accessory that comes out... but will all of that add up to $2,000? I'm not about to do the math.... but that's fishy.

[quote name='paramount']I just cancelled my preorder today. It's not that I find the cost excessive, (although the bundles are definately putting customers through the ringer) I want to see the PS3 and Xbox 360 libraries go head to head. Besides the games that are multi-platform, my favorite games are RPGs and adventures. Not that MS isn't trying to court more Japanese devlopment, but I think I'd rather wait it out and see.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting a bundle. A PS2 bundle. I've already got an Xbox & GameCube. Guess I'll buy a PS2 plus a few games and hold off on 360 until next summer. Heck the launch games will drop by then. I'm a true cheapass. :D

I got my GBA from Walmart without a preorder early in the morning, like 9ish. And they had hundreds left. So if you don't live in a mega city you should be fine.

either way I see it at a complete waste of money to buy it at luanch, but if you have the money all the more power to you.

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']I blame this on every person who camped out and made rushes for a PS2. Yes I love my system and yes it's worth every penny, but I waited a year or so. I didn't worry about getting on the newest system just to have bragging rights... I was content with finishing out the current gen.

This, simply put, is stores riding the hype that the PS2 and X-Box started.

Besides, you know that within a year or less, you can buy a plain ol' X-Box 360 without the bundle crap (and possibly with a price reduction). I'm sure there's enough current-gen stuff to satisfy you for the next year. And if there's not, you're playing too many damn games. Go get a job or take a walk or something.

Oh, and $2,000 for the Omega bundle? I understand that some people will want to buy every game and every accessory that comes out... but will all of that add up to $2,000? I'm not about to do the math.... but that's fishy.[/QUOTE]

i did a rough estimate of everything including the games are $60 each and come up with around $1850, not close to $2000. and i'm a true cheapassgamer damnit. i won't get anything at full price. i will wait till a couple of price drops before deciding whether to get it as i have over 100 current xbox games i haven't even open let alone played or finished.

[quote name='RoadDogg']the two core bundles still say instock for me. and it seems that they added a new package with the good system, year of live, extra controller and battery crap, 3 games and a face plate. $689. Not a horrible bundle, but I'm glad i got in on the 619 one before it turned 719[/QUOTE]

$619? Are you stupid or just rich? Maybe rich and stupid.

Does anyone know if Sam's Club or BJ Wholesale has plans for selling XBox 360? I went looking on the web (at least Sam's) and did not see any mention of it.

I was 100% sure that I was getting one at launch and now I'm 99% sure that I'm not. It's just not scratching me where I itch any more.

I know that I am a cheapass but it amazes me how much money these kids and parents have to spend! I think I have about $1,000 wrapped up in my Xbox but I have about 65 games.

People are going to spend close to $1,000 on the new Xbox within 6 months of buying it.

Wow.

I agree I dont think I'm going to get one on the launch day I have been 50/50 for some time now but with the things I have been reading and hearing about the launch line up and whats in the pipe line for the 1st six months I dont want to spend tha money. I did it with the psp I love my PSP but I should have wated on that also .

waaaay too much money on a mere upgrade? there's really nothing that excites me about the 360 launch and cheapy's impression at tgs makes me want it less.

get a cheap refurbed xbox and mod the hell out of it. :)

[quote name='crewj']waaaay too much money on a mere upgrade? there's really nothing that excites me about the 360 launch and cheapy's impression at tgs makes me want it less.

get a cheap refurbed xbox and mod the hell out of it. :)[/QUOTE]

No offense but i could care less what someone else's impressions of the system are considering the hardware isnt even complete that was demo at TGS also if you have played vid games since Atari you'd know the Launch Line-up is too hard to judge the system...look at any system out there, hell use Xbox as an Example Splinter Cell : Chaos theroy is probably one of the best looking games out and its only years later they tweaked the graphics for that kind of dynamic lighting and graphical splendor. As far as bundles go...again, its ONLY online, if your hardcore gamer you'll be at a launch at midnight on the 21st, if your not then just wait for the first price drop or till the next wave of systems to stock up. Everyone acts like this is some big deal, just wait and see then judge...no biggie

daddy, (heh that feels weird typing that) you're right as far as judging a system that isn't released yet and i guess i shouldn't have thread-crapped. but, i've lost the hardcore gamer in me, (i've got tons of sealed games waiting) it's more frustration that prices are going up and yes, of course the systems look good, but it's still nothing to call home about.

we'll see.

If you decide not to get an Xbox 360 at launch it might be a smart thing. Microsoft announced that their price was competitive not necessary. Microsoft plans to reduce the price of the 360 once a year to keep people buying it long after launch. The launch price of the system is competitive with PS3, because it is said that the PS3 will take $100 more a unit to make. This is one of the main reasons that Microsoft wanted to launch the 360 first. With the original Xbox they lost money, not that Microsoft is hurting for money, but the original Xbox was not profitable and Xbox itself is doomed if the 360 doesn't turn a profit. I hope everyone gets what they want. I'm glad I'm not faced with this decision since I won a 360 from the Mountain Dew promotion. Good luck everyone.

[quote name='riffgod']If you decide not to get an Xbox 360 at launch it might be a smart thing. Microsoft announced that their price was competitive not necessary. Microsoft plans to reduce the price of the 360 once a year to keep people buying it long after launch. The launch price of the system is competitive with PS3, because it is said that the PS3 will take $100 more a unit to make. This is one of the main reasons that Microsoft wanted to launch the 360 first. With the original Xbox they lost money, not that Microsoft is hurting for money, but the original Xbox was not profitable and Xbox itself is doomed if the 360 doesn't turn a profit. I hope everyone gets what they want. I'm glad I'm not faced with this decision since I won a 360 from the Mountain Dew promotion. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE]

All manufacturers lose money with a system launch. The company expects to take a huge loss, that is why manufacturing a system that is too costly can cripple the manufacturer. For instance, I read of several Japanese analyist firms who are concerned that the PS3 could cost too much and hit Sony too hard with production costs.

Secondly, the price of any good in a capitalist market is based only on what you can sell it for to the public. If someone is willing to pay $400 now for the Xbox 360, it is worth that.

Lastly, any manufacturer is doomed if their console does not work. It is a high risk market because you've got to make a ton of the systems, sell them at a loss, and make up for that with your following profits. I have not read anywhere that the Xbox overall has gone in the red. Certain services, such as Xbox LIVE do so but that is to increase overall profit.

[quote name='Nightfall']Thank god I live in a small town with only like 4000 people. I just hope my WalMart gets them in when they are supposed to. They really suck with games, but it might be different with an actual console...at least I hope. I don't mind hanging outside a WalMart for 5-6 hours to get a 360 at launch. Ours opens at 7am, so I'm just going to have to camp out.[/QUOTE]

I honestly didn't know there were any Wal-Marts left that weren't 24 hours. I've not seen one that wasn't in quite a few years...

[quote name='David85']I got my GBA from Walmart without a preorder early in the morning, like 9ish. And they had hundreds left. So if you don't live in a mega city you should be fine.

either way I see it at a complete waste of money to buy it at luanch, but if you have the money all the more power to you.[/QUOTE]
No offense, but comparing the GBA to the 360 is nonsense. IMO, this will make the PS2 launch look like cake. And for anyone that doesn't recall that, the systems and memory cards were quite sold out pretty much everywhere up to at least 4 months after release. It may be smoke and mirrors. MS may have loads of stock. I really don't think so though. The first shipment will sell out everywhere, almost instantly, regardless of the size. It's just fact. If nothing else, people will buy it to resell on ebay. The real question is how far down the road and how large the second shipment will be. If it is small, or there is only 1 more before Christmas, this damn thing could be going for a grand or more by mid Dec, instead of the expected $500-600. Honestly I think it is unfair to compare it to any other system launch. People went apeshit over the PS2 launch, and there weren't 5 games worth playing out by the end of that first year. If they get even half of the launch list out day 1, it will be the largest, and best, initial software support ever. There's around 8 games I would be buying if I had the cash. I had my xbox for a year and a half or so before I had bought 8 games for it.

Hmm. Who's more pathetic? Those who purchase a 360 with several games at launch, or those who jump on deals with current gen games that they'll never play?

bread's done
Back