xbox 360 preorders at fye

metrocardx

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know if fye b&m stores plan to only offer bundles to thier pre-order customers for the xbox 360? I pre-ordered my psp there , only to find out that i could only purchase one along side a sony firstparty game . I had planned on getting wipeout fusicn anyways so that wasn't too bad. I'm looking forward to picking up NBa 2k6 and Call of duty 2 on the 22nd. I just dont want to be forced into buying Kameo , or Perfect Dark so that i can take the 360 home.I

I imagine it will be forced bundles--my FYE has advertisements up everywhere saying that systems (even old ones) are sold ONLY in bundles...

I would guess bundles as well, but you'd probably want to check your receipt or with them. To me, if you preordered the system, they should not be able to change that now and force a bundle - but that's just my opinion on what they SHOULD do. I'm sure that they probably have you down for the $1500 preorder bundle that includes the system, an extra controller, 5 games and Golden Girls Seasons 1 and 2 DVD's.

I'm #1 on the preorder list at my FYE, and I just called to find out about a bundle. And they told me they still don't know. I figure I'm in for one either way, so if it turns out to be a bundle, I'll just live with it or try to weasel out of it on launch day since I preordered long before they made their decision.

FYE is a great place to preorder systems though, simply because they take preorders AND nobody really thinks of going there.

I preordered my PSP from there and had to buy a game. About 4 weeks later I returned the game and they just credited my CC. So I'm sure they only do preorder bundles but you could probably return any game from the bundle that you don't want depending on how nice the employee is.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I imagine it will be forced bundles--my FYE has advertisements up everywhere saying that systems (even old ones) are sold ONLY in bundles...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see that a lot too. They explained to me their reasoning for it is that they only get a limited amount of systems in general so that's why the bundle them. Luckily, I found one that would sell me an XBox (not 360) without any games since it was a replacement system, I didn't need any games or extra controllers.

My FYE doesn't have bundles of any system. They only sell them with just the console. However, this time it might be different. In fact, I think it will be different.

I preordered through Strawberries (same corporation as FYE). At the time I ordered, they said there would be no bundle involved. I spoke with the manager the other day. He said that to the best of his knowledge there would be 'minor' bundling - requiring the buyer to pick up any 360 game and an extra controller, or something similar. It sounded as though it would be pretty informal, but I'm sure that could change over the next couple of weeks.

FWIW, he said they had relatively few preorders per store and that they'd been promised enough 360s to cover their preorders (but no more than that) on launch day.

Does anyone know if they are still taking Pre-orders? Because I have a small collection of PS2 games I would be able to trade-in toward it.

My local Fye isn't gonna be doing bundles .. which is cool cause i already picked up a wired controller and a play and charge kit for the wireless one to come with the 360 system.

A buddy of mine has his system pre-ordered at FYE and he was told yesterday that they are only getting 2 premium systems in at launch at the location he pre-ordered at. Luckily, he was #2 on the list.

Bundles aren't too bad if you just have to buy one game. I mean, what the fuckin point of getting the system on launch if you dont like the launch titles?

Unlikely, when there were 2 FYE stores in my local mall, the one that didn't sell games didn't take pre-orders on Gamecube but the one that did sell games was taking pre-orders (but sold out)

[quote name='uberzone']Great Deal! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Uhhh... +1 to the post count newbie? WTF kind of answer is that to the OP? Doesn't make any sense...

[quote name='aoLat']Uhhh... +1 to the post count newbie? WTF kind of answer is that to the OP? Doesn't make any sense...[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? This is the deal of the year!

Here in Waterbury, CT, we have one of the only (if not THE only) "FYE Games" stores which caters only to video games. Strangely, out of the three video game stores int he mall (EB, Gamestop, and them) they're the only ones doing a midnight sale because they're the only ones who got the corrent allotment of consoles for pre-orders. Thankfully that's where I pre-orderd mine thanks to a buddy who hooked me up. The only catch is that in order to get yours, you have to buy 2 games as well, which is fine.

BTW, you can also preorder Halo 3 at FYE. Saw the signage for it last weekend. Sign states "Coming in 2006."

Yesterday afternoon , I got a call from the mangers at the fye who said that they will be doing a bundle. You'll have to purchase two games alongside the system. They'll be holiding my 360 with Call of Duty & NBA 2k6 .

Hopefully I'll see you guys on XBL.

I was told the same thing- they'll open early on Tuesday and two games would have to be purchased with the system. That's perfectly reasonable as bundles go, and I'll probably get a few more things as well (like the play and charge kit).

Looking forward to tomorrow...

Which FYE are you guys talking about? My FYE (Briarwood Mall Ann Arbor) said nothing to me about opening early or a bundle. I really don't want to be forced to buy two games. I wish it was one game and a controller.

Update - I called to double-check the opening time, and found out that I won't be getting a system after all. The manager found out about this *today* - they're getting none of their pre-ordered systems, and they weren't even shipped any games or accessories. The manager didn't sound thrilled at all.

Anyone else who ordered through an FYE/Strawberries/whatever, double-check with your store...they may also have bad news.

[quote name='Bezerker']The two games are NBA 06 and NHL 06, good times.[/QUOTE]

If that is the case I will be pissed. I have to do the unthinkable....return them to Wal-Mart.... (if they let me pick 2 games that will be fine).

FYE came through for me. Just picked up my premium system. Didn't have to buy a bundle, just the system. Paid the whole thing with store credit. Can't beat that.

Now off to play PGR3...

[quote name='D. Monic']FYE came through for me. Just picked up my premium system. Didn't have to buy a bundle, just the system. Paid the whole thing with store credit. Can't beat that.

Now off to play PGR3...[/QUOTE]

Wow!! it's like you typed what I was thinking, except i think I'm going to sell mine, the profits are just nuts.

[quote name='D. Monic']FYE came through for me. Just picked up my premium system. Didn't have to buy a bundle, just the system. Paid the whole thing with store credit. Can't beat that.

Now off to play PGR3...[/QUOTE]

Got mine no bundle. My store only got two systems...I was so happy that I got it. Its also nice just to use store credit to buy it.

bread's done
Back