Xbox 360 Price Drop Watch

spzero

CAGiversary!
Anyone see the price drop in Canada yet? I've been looking around the websites of a few stores and contacted a few others, and its still being listed as 349.99.

So far, I've checked BB, BBV, FS, and the EB games websites.

[quote name='spzero']Anyone see the price drop in Canada yet? I've been looking around the websites of a few stores and contacted a few others, and its still being listed as 349.99.

So far, I've checked BB, BBV, FS, and the EB games websites.[/quote]Has it even been officially announced yet?

Edit: Oh. It has. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called ebgames as soon as it opened and they said the 20 gb has dropped to 299$ the arcade is still 279.99 and the elite is still the same as before whatever it was lol
I need to sell mine to get one with hdmi since i cant stand the composite or vga outputs argh.
northofamerica

Price of the elite will remain the same for the time being.

The 20GB SKU is being phased out, so all retailers are dropping the price to the new MSRP which is $299. The 20GB will be replaced by the 60GB SKU which will sell for $350.

Once 20GB's are sold, they're gone.

"Available in retail stores in the U.S. and Canada starting in early August, the upgraded Xbox 360 will include a 60GB hard drive for storing the growing wealth of digital entertainment available for the console"

northofamerica

Well I just saw at my local FS the $300 Xbox 360 Pro's out! Quite a few left although I don't know if they're the 65nm Falcon's. :D

Stopped by my local Wal-Mart this morning and they still had their 20 GB Xboxes at $350.

Best Buy is offering it at $300 (plus it comes with Need for Speed for free) along with Future Shop (their deal comes with Gears of War and Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2). If you're intested in a protection plan as I was, Best Buy's plan is slightly cheaper than Future Shop's.

When it comes to the free games, I recommend double checking with an employee and making sure you get everything rung out correctly.

I went with Future Shop's deal myself. For just over $400 I ended up with the 20 GB Xbox 360 Pro, Gears of War, Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 (which I'll totally never play, by the way), a three-year protection plan, and I picked up Fable for the original Xbox as well.

I'm pretty pleased. I just hope I don't regret not waiting for the 60 GB.

You might want to return that protection plan if you can. It does nothing for you. All they'll do is send it in to Microsoft for you, which you'll do yourself anyways. MS already has a 3-year warranty for RRoD issues, and if your 360 breaks, it'll be most likely be RRoD more than anything.

Dang, dunno if I should jump in first. I already have a 360 though, albeit without HDMI. This is as good of a value as we can get before a real price drop though.

Why don't you hold off until later this year?? There are rumours that a real price drop is coming this fall/winter.

[quote name='1cesc']Why don't you hold off until later this year?? There are rumours that a real price drop is coming this fall/winter.[/quote]

Others have already said the new 60Gb SKU will be $350. Do you think MS will drop that to $300? I think MS is content with being priced between the PS3 and the Wii: they won't price-drop unless Sony moves first.

[quote name='JnJosh']could we assume the 60gb would allow us to file for a data transfer kit or ever come with one?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'll be the same as the Elite, you'll call/file for it. If you buy the drive by itself it'll probably come with one.

bread's done
Back