Xbox 360 Prizes for Shirt Design on Shirt.Woot

danjris

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this anywhere yet, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Looks like shirt.woot and 2K Games are "teaming up" for a shirt design contest for a new game coming out...here it is

2K Games and Woot Team Up For Civilization Revolution Derby, Opening May 9

Revolution! Sometimes it’s about politics, like the American Revolution or the Cuban Revolution. Sometimes it’s about economics, like the Industrial Revolution or the Agricultural Revolution. Sometimes it’s about gaming, like Sid Meier’s Civilization® Revolution™, bringing the epic, addictive gameplay of the Civilization franchise to console and handheld game systems on July 8. And sometimes…it’s about t-shirts.
Shirt.Woot is teaming up with 2K Games, publishers of Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution, to sponsor Derby #42, opening for entries next Friday, May 9. The theme is “Join the Revolution.” We’re giving you an extra week to think about this one – after all, revolutions aren’t made in a day. And thanks to 2K, the prizes are like nothing we’ve ever offered before:
  • GRAND PRIZE ($2000 + ongoing commission)
    360 Elite
    1 year xbox live
    Copy of the game for 360 (when game releases, might be shipped later to winner)
    360 Civilization Revolution faceplate
    Signed poster from team
  • SECOND PRIZE ($1500 + ongoing commission)
    360 faceplate
    Copy of game
    Signed poster
  • THIRD PRIZE ($1000 + ongoing commission)
    Copy of game
    Signed poster
Now, keep in mind that we are not looking for Civilization t-shirts. Consider this the same as any other Derby, in terms of restrictions on using other people’s work. We want shirt designs that work well without any specific association with the game, and without Civ logos, artwork, etc. Got that?
Otherwise, we expect something pretty awesome out of you guys. You’ve got an extra week to put your design together and thousands of years of source material to draw from. As intense Civ fans ourselves, we couldn’t be more thrilled to join forces with the people behind the game that we’ve spent so many hours playing. Make us proud, yo! Civilization hangs in the balance.
:idea:

Hoo boy. I'm a graphic artist and we've got alot of downtime at work lately...so I'll give this a go. OR I'll get lazy and throw some shit together at the last second. Yeah, probably the second one.

bread's done
Back