Xbox 360 Pro (premium) refurbished $230 at Microcenter

ebums or whatever his name is has a thread about this since he works for Microcenter HQ. It might come with a one year, one time exchange warranty for another refurb. Becareful as it might RRoD on you. Mine E79 and RRoD 28 days after I bought it.

I bought one last week and It already red ringed. im pissed. im not sure about the one time only exchange though. I think you can keep taking it back.

actually thinking about getting my money back.

[quote name='yoinksta']I bought one last week and It already red ringed. im pissed. im not sure about the one time only exchange though. I think you can keep taking it back.

actually thinking about getting my money back.[/QUOTE]

According to Cooperate, you have 30 days of UNLIMITED exchanges/returns. After that you get 1 time exchange and that's it. So if your second unit RRoD 30 days after you get that second unit, your SoL and stuck with Microsoft.

i think im gonna get my money back and pay the difference at target. does anyone know if they carry the pro with the two free games? this is garbage.

[quote name='MrBoss']Microsoft Extended Warrenty doesnt cover them?[/QUOTE]

*yes* to some degree.. My refurb 360 REFUSES to play Halo 3 anymore (even though it played fine for over a month... Sent the disc back for replacement, yet it still refuses to play it (locks up my 360 on the main menu of the game). Although it still plays every game I put into it (ace combat 6), MS said they will take it in for repairs but it might be at cost to me since it hasn't RRoD. So in other words, I have to RRoD my system before I can send it back to MS or Microcenter. I am having a lot of trouble login to Live lately. Microcenter will blame that on my home network instead of the 360.

[quote name='yoinksta']i think im gonna get my money back and pay the difference at target. does anyone know if they carry the pro with the two free games? this is garbage.[/QUOTE]

You *should* be able to get your money back within the 30 days. As for the 2 free games at target with the pro, I think they carry them.

[quote name='MrBoss']Overheat the xbox and RROD-it...[/QUOTE]

Forcefully RRoD my 360 just to get one game to be played again would be extremely stupid. If Ace Combat and a few other games started locking up my 360, ok then I'll Red Ring it. At this point I want to beat Ace Combat 6 before it crashes as I am almost at the end.

sounds like you got some beef with microcenter. I was surprised how nice they were when buying it and as soon as something goes wrong they play dumb. This refurb deal is seeming more and more like a scam.

After doing research on how Xbox 360s die, it's not necessarily Microcenter's fault. It's MS fault for the bad design of cooling the graphics chip. Microcenter being a scam is a business thing. They are also in it for money. They've gotten back too many broken consoles from their warranty or returns, and now they're trying to get money back by selling consoles they fixed.

I have a 360 that freezes right when I start a game(dashboard and low graphic games run fine). I also got an extended warranty through Microcenter. but guess what? I won't use either MS or Microcenter's warranty. I'm going to mod the air flow of the console's chip heat on the shroud so it's cooled better. I got no Red Ring of Lights yet. I just need to change the heatsink clamps so they don't screw the motherboard over.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=599216

I paid 260$ for my xbox 360 last year in the great $200 off microcenter deal posted here that same time. I haven't lost too much.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the air cooling mod:
http://rbjtech.bulldoghome.com/pages/rbjtech_bulldoghome_com/Xbox360.htm

Got a console that you think will about to break and dont have warranty service? Try modding the heatsink's air flow so it's better cooled.

Called Microcenter in Denver and they are all out of refurbished 360's. They guy on the phone said he does not know when they will get more.

actually i work at microcenter in fairfax, va. the policy (as far as i know) on these usually includes a 1-year warranty THROUGH MICROCENTER. if you have hardware issues within the first year on a $230 refurb, we will replace it. it's a killer deal, i'm about to buy my 2nd ;-) any microcenter questions feel free to pm me.

[quote name='Alucard400']After doing research on how Xbox 360s die, it's not necessarily Microcenter's fault. It's MS fault for the bad design of cooling the graphics chip. Microcenter being a scam is a business thing. They are also in it for money. They've gotten back too many broken consoles from their warranty or returns, and now they're trying to get money back by selling consoles they fixed.

I have a 360 that freezes right when I start a game(dashboard and low graphic games run fine). I also got an extended warranty through Microcenter. but guess what? I won't use either MS or Microcenter's warranty. I'm going to mod the air flow of the console's chip heat on the shroud so it's cooled better. I got no Red Ring of Lights yet. I just need to change the heatsink clamps so they don't screw the motherboard over.

I paid 260$ for my xbox 360 last year in the great $200 off microcenter deal posted here that same time. I haven't lost too much.

Got a console that you think will about to break and dont have warranty service? Try modding the heatsink's air flow so it's better cooled.[/quote]we absolutely do not repair the 360's on-site at microcenter. i am a tech there and will not even touch one unless it's to put it in the recycle bin... those refurbished 360s are sent to us from microsoft to sell as used. do you think MS can repackage all their repaired 360s as new? NO. find out some more info before you assume

I got one of the refurbs at Denver a couple of weeks back and it immediately froze and got the 3 red lights. I took it back and they didn't have any more. Got my money back and got a new one at Kmart with the 20% coupon today for like $30 more (Microcenter was $230 + extra yr cover + tax = $270) vs (Kmart $350 - $70 (20%) + tax = $305) + it had the 2 free games.

I don't know why any company would want to sell these refurb 360's. All they're going to get is angry customers when they don't work. One of the store guys said they were expecting about 500 more for Black Friday, so I wonder if they're gonna make 'em real cheap then.

[quote name='Alucard400']After doing research on how Xbox 360s die, it's not necessarily Microcenter's fault. It's MS fault for the bad design of cooling the graphics chip. Microcenter being a scam is a business thing. They are also in it for money. They've gotten back too many broken consoles from their warranty or returns, and now they're trying to get money back by selling consoles they fixed.

Got a console that you think will about to break and dont have warranty service? Try modding the heatsink's air flow so it's better cooled.[/QUOTE]

What rock have you been hiding under all this time? Everyone KNOWS what causes the RRoD... No one in this THREAD blames Microcenter.

[quote name='sinigord']I got one of the refurbs at Denver a couple of weeks back and it immediately froze and got the 3 red lights. I took it back and they didn't have any more. Got my money back and got a new one at Kmart with the 20% coupon today for like $30 more (Microcenter was $230 + extra yr cover + tax = $270) vs (Kmart $350 - $70 (20%) + tax = $305) + it had the 2 free games.
.[/quote]

i just did the same thing.

It's not the point I expect any company to give me a brand new xbox 360 console, it's that you turn in your well taken care of console and then you are given a different refurbished console that was likely handled by some 13 year old. What I want is my own console repaired. But that's the point, I don't expect to get the very same console(same serial number) given back to me repaired. I will likely get another refurbished console from Microcenter or MS.

Now this is what I assume: I'd have to be lucky to bring in my console to Microcenter and they have no refurbished units in the store. So the only way to service me is to give my money back through a giftcard and I just buy one of the new consoles. Which have a new 65nm chips (it's either the gpu or just the cpu). This is for a console I bought last year through the microcenter deal during thanksgiving week.

[quote name='purebishop']we absolutely do not repair the 360's on-site at microcenter. i am a tech there and will not even touch one unless it's to put it in the recycle bin... those refurbished 360s are sent to us from microsoft to sell as used. do you think MS can repackage all their repaired 360s as new? NO. find out some more info before you assume[/quote]

[quote name='Alucard400']It's not the point I expect any company to give me a brand new xbox 360 console, it's that you turn in your well taken care of console and then you are given a different refurbished console that was likely handled by some 13 year old. What I want is my own console repaired. But that's the point, I don't expect to get the very same console(same serial number) given back to me repaired. I will likely get another refurbished console from Microcenter or MS.

Now this is what I assume: I'd have to be lucky to bring in my console to Microcenter and they have no refurbished units in the store. So the only way to service me is to give my money back through a giftcard and I just buy one of the new consoles. Which have a new 65nm chips (it's either the gpu or just the cpu). This is for a console I bought last year through the microcenter deal during thanksgiving week.[/quote] Dude that's whack :( I thought I would get a new 360 since mine broke and I got the extended warranty.

I got the extended warranty too. Some people did. But I thorougly read the terms of agreement in the microcenter.com website and they basically are obligated to service you in the value of the console you bought minus tax. So the max you can get out of it is for the exact price you buy the console for on the warranty service. But I expect them to give you a new refurbish console for the broken one you got. Of course, I think microcenter will allow you to turn that one in also if it breaks(for a limited time only). I'm waiting to see what Purebishop says here about extended warranty service. I do know that once they give you a new console or refund you, they basically have fullfilled their contract (the extended warranty) and have no further obligations to you.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Dude that's whack :( I thought I would get a new 360 since mine broke and I got the extended warranty.[/quote]

[quote name='Alucard400']I got the extended warranty too. Some people did. But I thorougly read the terms of agreement in the microcenter.com website and they basically are obligated to service you in the value of the console you bought minus tax. So the max you can get out of it is for the exact price you buy the console for on the warranty service. But I expect them to give you a new refurbish console for the broken one you got. Of course, I think microcenter will allow you to turn that one in also if it breaks(for a limited time only). I'm waiting to see what Purebishop says here about extended warranty service. I do know that once they give you a new console or refund you, they basically have fullfilled their contract (the extended warranty) and have no further obligations to you.[/quote] Yea, I read that part. I'm starting to get worried that they will just give me a refurbed console for my broken one.

i actually got a 360 from last nov from them from the 100 mir deal. instead of rrod, i got the bad dvd drive.

does anyone know how their warranty works esp with the extension of the ms warranty? after this friday, itll be a full year which ms will only cover rrod for the next 2 years. and my microcenter warranty doesnt come to effect until the ms warranty ends, so does this mean i can return my 360 to microcenter saturday since its not rrod related. i remember i was told i would get a gift card worth the amount i paid for my 360 as well. so i dont wanna deal with 360 problems and just get myself a psp or a wii or something.

I remember an employee telling me they give a gift card for your broken console if you return it through the extended warranty, but the warranty terms of agreement says otherwise (it says they replace or repair your console and they give you a gift card when they can't repair it on the third time). That's why I think they only give you the gift card if there are no refurbish consoles left in the store itself.

As for the warranty, I expect MS to help repair your console within one year for any deffects. anything after the year, the warranty only covers the Rrod problems. My 1 year ownership (along with that major one year warranty with MS) also ends around this month. You can choose to call MS and have them do the warranty for you, or you wait until it's over and use the extended warranty through Microcenter. But I think what you want to know is that Microcenter's warranty does not take into effect until the shortest part of the manufacture's warranty expires (that is what i saw in the terms of agreement for extended warranty bronze 1 yr.).

[quote name='the_mailman']i actually got a 360 from last nov from them from the 100 mir deal. instead of rrod, i got the bad dvd drive.

does anyone know how their warranty works esp with the extension of the ms warranty? after this friday, itll be a full year which ms will only cover rrod for the next 2 years. and my microcenter warranty doesnt come to effect until the ms warranty ends, so does this mean i can return my 360 to microcenter saturday since its not rrod related. i remember i was told i would get a gift card worth the amount i paid for my 360 as well. so i dont wanna deal with 360 problems and just get myself a psp or a wii or something.[/quote]

I bought a refurb from Microcenter about 2 weeks ago and it's been running great. Of course the only game I have is Naruto...but meh.

My only gripe is that the DVD drive is louder than the engine in my car. Oh and sometimes I just get randomly disconnected from live.

[quote name='Alucard400']I remember an employee telling me they give a gift card for your broken console if you return it through the extended warranty, but the warranty terms of agreement says otherwise (it says they replace or repair your console and they give you a gift card when they can't repair it on the third time). That's why I think they only give you the gift card if there are no refurbish consoles left in the store itself.

As for the warranty, I expect MS to help repair your console within one year for any deffects. anything after the year, the warranty only covers the Rrod problems. My 1 year ownership (along with that major one year warranty with MS) also ends around this month. You can choose to call MS and have them do the warranty for you, or you wait until it's over and use the extended warranty through Microcenter. But I think what you want to know is that Microcenter's warranty does not take into effect until the shortest part of the manufacture's warranty expires (that is what i saw in the terms of agreement for extended warranty bronze 1 yr.).[/quote]

yeah, im planning on going to microcenter this next coming sunday and get my gift card (hopefully) so i can get something other than a 360. i just dont want to deal with rrod or anything like that.

[quote name='the_mailman']yeah, im planning on going to microcenter this next coming sunday and get my gift card (hopefully) so i can get something other than a 360. i just dont want to deal with rrod or anything like that.[/quote] Pm me after you go so I can know what happened.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Pm me after you go so I can know what happened.[/quote]
i see that ur from torrance? did u go to the one in tustin? i did. man, the drive better be worth it since im in riverside. i hope they dont have any refurbs.

I'm from LA. It's quite a bit of a drive for me too. It might be a better idea to give the Tustin store a call before even making a drive.

I may pick up 1 or 2 but are you sure this deals will on any Micro Center? Can you post the Ad Paper on CAG, so we can see how it's look? Thanks

bread's done
Back