XBox 360 Pro Refurb $229.99 at Micro Center 11/1 - 11/4

[quote name='eshbums']Via email blast -
In store only
Refurbished with 1 year exchange warranty
Offers good 11/01/07 - 11/04/07[/quote]

Includes 20GB HD, Wireless Controller, Cables and Headset

My nephew's wanted one for a while. If MS's warranty applies, then in for sure if not, it's worth getting it new IMO.

for those who are curious, the 1 year exchange basically means that if your system RRoD within a year of purchase, you can go back and get another refurb , not a brand new one. Lucky for me the management gave me (when the promo was out in sept) 2 years of unlimited exchanges as long as defective... well my 2nd one is about to tank...so any time now I will be going to mc to exchange it.

So I guess the Miucrosoft warranty would not apply...

Thats a nice price. Microcenter is like 2 hours from me but I can make an excuse for the drive and do something near there so...

Actually I am playing paintball that way Satruday.... hmm... I really am itching to pick up another 360.

thinking about doing this. any tips on what to look for when buying an xbox 360 refurb? make/model etc. Does anyone know if they put in better heat sinks etc. when they refurb?

also how much do thier refurbs normally cost?

[quote name='Snake2715']Would it inlcude the two free games now in new units? I guess not...[/QUOTE]

No, these are refurb units, not the new holiday bundle.

REFURB'D units are not covered by XBOX 3yr warranty.

I've owned 4 360's, and everyone of them died. Only 1 wasnt covered under the 3yr warranty because the DVD drive is only covered by the 2yr warranty.

1 xbox 360 died after a month even with the new & improved GPU heatsink.

IMO - dont buy a REFURB'd unit. a 1 yr warranty is nothing!

[quote name='ICEPICC']REFURB'D units are not covered by XBOX 3yr warranty.

I've owned 4 360's, and everyone of them died. Only 1 wasnt covered under the 3yr warranty because the DVD drive is only covered by the 2yr warranty.

1 xbox 360 died after a month even with the new & improved GPU heatsink.

IMO - dont buy a REFURB'd unit. a 1 yr warranty is nothing![/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? When i reported both my serials to MS to check their history, MS had nothing to report and would be covered by their 3 year warranty program. Although if my 2nd one RRoD and I switch it out and then my 3rd one tanks... I am going to give management hell for selling refurb products that die within 30 days. I am not going to keep coming back every 30 days for the next two years because there systems aren't *checked* before selling.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Are you sure about this? When i reported both my serials to MS to check their history, MS had nothing to report and would be covered by their 3 year warranty program. Although if my 2nd one RRoD and I switch it out and then my 3rd one tanks... I am going to give management hell for selling refurb products that die within 30 days. I am not going to keep coming back every 30 days for the next two years because there systems aren't *checked* before selling.[/quote]

You do realize that MC is a RETAIL store which means they buy products from OTHER COMPANIES and resell them. If you have an issue talk to the orignal seller Microsoft. MC has no hand in the actual product other then transfer.

But hey I guess ignorance is bliss.

[quote name='eshbums']Via email blast -
In store only
Refurbished with 1 year exchange warranty
Offers good 11/01/07 - 11/04/07[/quote]

good deal buddy, send me a PM if you know what stores will have them tomorrow.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Are you sure about this? When i reported both my serials to MS to check their history, MS had nothing to report and would be covered by their 3 year warranty program. Although if my 2nd one RRoD and I switch it out and then my 3rd one tanks... I am going to give management hell for selling refurb products that die within 30 days. I am not going to keep coming back every 30 days for the next two years because there systems aren't *checked* before selling.[/QUOTE]

did you buy 2 refurbs? I've never bought a refurb.

MS & GS will tell you the same thing.

[quote name='nekrolemur']good deal buddy, send me a PM if you know what stores will have them tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure Bethel has inventory right now, but I'll let you know tomorrow for certain.

[quote name='yaddam205']You do realize that MC is a RETAIL store which means they buy products from OTHER COMPANIES and resell them. If you have an issue talk to the orignal seller Microsoft. MC has no hand in the actual product other then transfer.

But hey I guess ignorance is bliss.[/QUOTE]

ok... why would Microsoft care where I bought it from? At this point they are giving everyone a 3 year warranty no matter where you bought it. I thought about this when I was about to buy it , but I called MS and they said it doesn't matter where you got it, they will take care of it. At this point, they just want to fix them with no troubles at all because they are already loosing millions to fix what should have been fixed before the release of the system and second a major class action lawsuit would hurt them even more in the long run.

I am not worried about loosing 250, I am just getting worried about every few weeks having to exchange it for another refurb, but in the long run it's kind of worth it as I can exchange it again and again (according to my receipt) for up to 2 years, where as other locations would say 1 exchange and that's it.

[quote name='ICEPICC']did you buy 2 refurbs? I've never bought a refurb.

MS & GS will tell you the same thing.[/QUOTE]

no, read my posts again..

the first refub died 28 days later (which I call the 360: 28 days later edition :) )

so I exchanged it for another refurb.

The second one is still kicking and yesterday was the 28th day :)

Funny thing is my cousin's original refurb (which he bought the day before me has had very little problems, with the exception of a few freezes)

Picked up one of these at the Dallas location and it's definitely an old-school model: no HDMI and the serial information's been both painted over and covered up by a large label with MC's own serial on it. However, with a free one-year warranty and an additional year of coverage for $25, I've got a 20 GB system that's covered for two years for around $270 out of pocket with tax. Also, they all came in large pre-sealed brown boxes, so don't expect to go digging around picking out the used model you want. I doubt there's a refurb'd HDMI model in their entire inventory.

[quote name='crystalis']Picked up one of these at the Dallas location and it's definitely an old-school model: no HDMI and the serial information's been both painted over and covered up by a large label with MC's own serial on it. However, with a free one-year warranty and an additional year of coverage for $25, I've got a 20 GB system that's covered for two years for around $270 out of pocket with tax. Also, they all came in large pre-sealed brown boxes, so don't expect to go digging around picking out the used model you want. I doubt there's a refurb'd HDMI model in their entire inventory.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know you can get an additional year for $25. Well worth it.

got mine works great so far. awesome deal. they were really nice and knowledgable, and I also got the extra year plan for two years. They said if anything happens they would take care of it.

Im now officially wii60!

I got one as well on thursday. My location had 32 in stock when I went to go purchase it.

However, it should be noted that the additional warranty no longer applies once the one you purchase craps out. So if you pay the extra 25, and the xbox dies within the first (complementary) year, you will not be covered for the extra year. That's why I didn't really opt to go with the plan.

I still want to know whether or not MS would cover these if they get RROD...

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I got one as well on thursday. My location had 32 in stock when I went to go purchase it.

However, it should be noted that the additional warranty no longer applies once the one you purchase craps out. So if you pay the extra 25, and the xbox dies within the first (complementary) year, you will not be covered for the extra year. That's why I didn't really opt to go with the plan.

I still want to know whether or not MS would cover these if they get RROD...[/QUOTE]

call MS and have your Serial Number checked out... if they say yes we will take it in for repairs free of charge, if not I would return that unit and get another one til you get a serial number that checks out with MS.

I think you have a 30 days no questions asked return policy with no restock fee.

[quote name='yoinksta']They said if anything happens they would take care of it.

Im now officially wii60![/QUOTE]

Based on my experience with retail always have something in writing, because that employee maybe there now, but he might not be around when it breaks down and management might hit you with the corporate policy.. That's why I got them (management) to put on my receipt 2 years UNLIMITED EXCHANGES as long as defective. I've had my system(s) for about 2 months now.. you would think that Corporate would have sent me a letter in the mail saying the store made a mistake and cannot do 2 years unlimited exchanges, but since it's been that long, I can just keep coming back when it breaks down. I think I am getting close to a DRE and other issues because it won't read halo 3 right and taking longer to log into Live.

Why do they call it Wii60? I have both

since this deal is only good for this weekend, i wonder if mc or any other retailer will have something better before the holidays for a new system...

i was leaning toward getting one of these refurbs but now im starting to think i should wait, simply due to the lack of a long enough warranty to cover them.

hmmm...

[quote name='crystalis']Picked up one of these at the Dallas location and it's definitely an old-school model: no HDMI and the serial information's been both painted over and covered up by a large label with MC's own serial on it. [/QUOTE]

Uh... is that actually LEGAL? Just cause Microcenter is refurbing, I don't think they can replace the serial numbers like that. I mean if it was fixed prior to selling, I would like to know what caused it to break down in the first place (history of the unit) and that can be only done with the original serial numbers. If Microcenter is pasting new serials on top, that causes a few problems for the customer. First off if it does break down a year or 2 after the warranty expires, you can't send it to Microsoft for repairs as the serials will NOT match their database.

I would be really weary of this.

Bought a refurb unit in Denver 2 days ago... didn't manage to get thru initial setup, machine hung and then the Red Lights. did get it to boot up again and it froze another twice in minutes. Will be exchanging tomorrow... assuming they have any others left.

[quote name='ITDEFX']call MS and have your Serial Number checked out... if they say yes we will take it in for repairs free of charge, if not I would return that unit and get another one til you get a serial number that checks out with MS.

I think you have a 30 days no questions asked return policy with no restock fee.[/QUOTE]

Is there no way to check online?

[quote name='sinigord']Bought a refurb unit in Denver 2 days ago... didn't manage to get thru initial setup, machine hung and then the Red Lights. did get it to boot up again and it froze another twice in minutes. Will be exchanging tomorrow... assuming they have any others left.[/QUOTE]

If it red ring like that, that means it wasn't checked out before it was packaged and sold. Like I said I believe that they have a 30 days no questions asked return and money back policy. If there are no more, then I would get your money back and wait for another special.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Is there no way to check online?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Best thing to do is call MS, and HOPE you get an American on the phone, other wise you will get a Outsourcing drone that will say "So do you want to send us your xbox?"

Two of my friends bought refurbished 360's from Microcenter this weekend. Both systems had problems...

Friend 1- Disc tray wont open while the system is in the verticle position. Left bumper will not work on the controller.
Friend 2- Left trigger is always activated.. while playing halo 3 hes always throwing gernades. at times the joystick will do its own thing and youll have no control over what going on.

bread's done
Back