Xbox 360/ps3 tekken 6 limited edition bundle @ amazon for $66.17/$74.17

breakingcustoms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Not bad, not sure if better deals will come out of this, but over half off for a relatively new game and wireless joystick may be worth it.

Still trying to decide if I want this...

360 - http://www.amazon.com/Tekken-Limite...UTF8&coliid=I3O6CFVHY8P79Z&colid=A3BUCLS9EIC6

PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/Tekken-Limite...UTF8&coliid=I2D4UL4E2UFLF5&colid=A3BUCLS9EIC6

EDIT

If anyone wants to post any reviews on the stick, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm interested in this, but not if the stick is garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought the last used one from warehouse deal by amazon for $58 with free shipping.
Hopefully it's still in good shape. At least amazon has 30 day warranty.
Anyone interested in this should keep an eye out for amazon's used price, and look for warehouse deals by amazon.

[quote name='xDisciplex']I honestly don't know why there's so much bashing on this stick, I think alot of it is coming from what others have "heard" online/forums. I bought this during the Cyber Monday deal for the PS3, mainly because I wanted a wireless stick (if you have small kids, wireless is the way to go) and for the price and what you get..it's worth it. Plus it is alot smaller compared to the SFIV TE stick I have and to me, the smaller size is more comfortable for long time playing.

I'm a Mortal Kombat fan first, then Street Fighter than Tekken, but to be honest I like Tekken 6 more than I liked SFIV, each character's move list/combos far surpass SFIV in my opinion - which make for a more intriguing game for me. I've already logged over 300 fights with the stick since I got it last Wednesday and have not had a single issue with it, and I have compard it with my SFIV TE stick for the online gameplay and I can't tell a difference in the gameplay.

Most people don't realize that Sanwa parts are NOT the majority in most arcades in the US, Happ is. And how many times were you in an arcade playing MK, SF or Tekken and say to yourself, man these sticks suck? I guarantee almost 100% didn't even notice the controllers when you played them as a kid in the arcades - and that's what's in most of them still today.

If you're a hardcore fighting gamer or go to tournaments, then you can pick up a better stick for the long run like I did with the SFIV TE stick or you can get the HRAP3-SA, but for the casual fighting gamer - this stick is great for the price it's at. The stick definitely doesn't "suck" like people are claiming it to be, just because it's not a $100-$150 stick doesn't mean it does not have worth in the gaming community especially with the wireless advantage and smaller frame compared to the SFIV TE and HRAP sticks.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the Tekken stick doesn't do QCF (hadoken) for SFIV well. Is that true?

The Tekken 6 stick is practically nothing more then a Hori Fight Stick 3 with wireless capability . This doesn't even rank as a good starter stick compared to the other stick in that category the MadCatz SE . The SE while having weak stock parts can be easily modified with drop in replacement parts should you ever feel the need to move up. The T6 stick has soldered on parts and while of course possible to mod really takes a lot more work to do. Amazon's current price on the SE is 43.99 (ps3) and 49.99 (360) and if I was just starting out I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Anyone with both the PS2 Tekken 5 stick and the PS3 Tekken 5 stick, how do the two compare? I have a Tekken 5 stick sitting around and a PS2 controller adapter for my PS3. I would guess the Tekken 5 stick is better, but how much better?

Ooh, how well does the T5 stick work with a ps2/ps3 adapter? I've been afraid of opening the T5 LE Bundle because I couldn't find an answer. What adapter are you using? I'm waiting for the InPin from Fleabay.

While I don't know how they compare, the T5 box weighs a lot more.

Just tried it with Tekken 5 (have 60gb ps3) and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PSN). Works fine for me, but I'm not big on fighting games so am not really the best judge. I don't attempt to pull off any really long difficult combos. Visually I personally don't notice any lag and the buttons all work. I'm using a TAC PS2->PS3 adapter on the gamepad setting (this adapter also has Guitar Hero and Rock Band settings for using PS2 guitar controllers on PS3)

Btw Tekken 5 looks pretty darn nice in progressive mode on my PS3.

edit: I do know the Tekken 5 stick is a lot bigger and the button layout is different. Not sure why the layout for Tekken 6 changed?

i bought 3 bundles for a total of $150 during their lightning deals. one xbox and 2 ps3's.

and like some one said they went from $130-to $99 price yesterday to $80 today so if no one buys them theyll only go down faster.

and the sticks do feel a bit flimsy-i thought theyd be heavier and more sturdy-but for $35-$40 their cool as hell and not bad at all--especially if you have a crap load of arcade games on your systems.

This is my first arcade stick since the Nintendo Advantage lol. I gotta say I don't see what everyone is talking about. The stick feels solid to me. Responds well and is wireless. It worked fine for me, I really don't get the complants.

Edit: Again though, I don't use arcade sticks that much and I'm not into modding

Hey guys hope im not reposting this deal but Amazon is holding the Tekken 6 Wireless bundle for $78 and change, a considerable drop from $150. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']I thought they had it at 70 something for a while?[/QUOTE]

PS3 version down was $30 for a lighting deal and the 360 version was down to $60 (and the PS3 made a reappearance with it) for a Deal of the Day

[quote name='fart_bubble']PS3 version down was $30 for a lighting deal and the 360 version was down to $60 (and the PS3 made a reappearance with it) for a Deal of the Day[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about recently, I've seen the tekken bundle for 70 something for about a full week on amazon for the 360 version only, correct me if I am wrong.

[quote name='CaoPi']bad quality stick[/QUOTE]

Joystick and buttons are definitely not sanwa or seimitsu quality but nothing wrong with the stick, I've been using it for about a month now and had no real problems.

At least the main PCB in the Horis are easily more reliable than Madcrapz. Both of my MC sticks bit the dust after exhibiting signs of a dying (main- not joystick) PCB.

But yeah, this deal is nothing new.

I have strange feeling that amazon has this in sTock much more than they hope they would. And price of this bundle will go down even lower.

'say maybe 50-60ish'

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']From what i hear, the stick is a piece of shit... im pretty happy with my TE stick.[/QUOTE]
From what I hear, you're both syphilitic Nazis. I got that from the internet btw, so it's 100% true.

The stick is awesome and works with all fighting games including original xbox although Tekken 6 is a crap game. This bundle was $60 on black Friday

Stick works fine for me. Also considering using it in a MAME setup (w/ a power adapter) since they're both USB/PC compatible as well since it was cheap enough (I got it for $20 during the Amazon Lightning Deal -- and plan on trading-in Tekken 6 itself @ http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/20off/ -- so free stick for me).

Then again, I'm not one of those crazy people you've seen at the arcades in the '80s and '90s who look like they're having seizures playing a fighting game -- who'd probably have beef with this stick since they'd break it from so much spazzing out.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']Joystick and buttons are definitely not sanwa or seimitsu quality but nothing wrong with the stick, I've been using it for about a month now and had no real problems.[/QUOTE]
Yep, not arcade quality, but fine for regular home use. My two year old has not been able to figure out how to break it yet and thats a good testimonial.

^
They're just comparing to the other high quality sticks that cost nearly DOUBLE of the tekken stick.

The Tekken stick is great for casual use. The parts do feel cheaper than the TE. But wireless stick is very cool. It also works on the pc. I got it for 60 during a lightning deal. If the parts feel cheap, than you can mod it.

Here was my mini review of the stick

NOTES: I used the stick for about 6 hours online and offline on Street Fighter IV.

Pros:
Size: The stick is perfect for a lap or table. There is plenty of space for your wrists and feels comfortable during long sessions.

Weight: The stick has a very nice weight that won't move much on your lap.

Build: The stick feels pretty solid

Neutral:
Wireless: People are bitching about the stick having input lag due to being wireless but most people are using wireless controllers anyways. Obviously having a wired connection will give you quicker response but for being wireless, I am very impressed/

Design: I'm not a big fan of the artwork but it is printed on a fingerprint resistant material which is nice.

Buttons: The Hori's buttons are slightly more stiff compared to the Madcatz Tournament Edition's Sanwa buttons. Not noticeable unless you've used the TE or played on a Viewlix cab.

Cons
Button Assignment: This arcade stick is meant for Tekken, so you would think it would be configured? No. Alright so the stick should be configured for Street Fighter right? No.

Button Layout:
[X][Y][LB]
[A][LT][RT][RB]

This is just retarded unless you are playing Soul Calibur (which then this stick would be perfectly pre-configured for)

Joystick Gate: This arcade stick came with a 3D fighter, therefore it should have an octagonal gate right? nope. This stick comes with a square gate with long throw distances. While playing Street Fighter, I had to overexagerate my wrist movements to pull off ultras.

Headset Port: Most equipment with headset ports come with adapters (Rock Band drums/guitar) but unless you already have one or a chatpad headset, you can't use a headset. Something small but pretty vital. (Haven't tested Wireless Headset + Stick yet)

Overall: 7/10

got in for the lightning deal as well. Fun stick! Feels like the old namco PS1 stick I think? Eitherway its great for Tekken, haven't tried with SF yet and wireless is awesome!

My bestbuy had a huge stack of these the other day, which is odd for an accessory like this, not to mention "limited edition". Maybe there really is some huge overstock out there.

^

That's why I'll be holding off for a year until I pick this up-- that is-- if the price drops to what I hope it gets to.

its basically a HORI FS 3 with wireless options n tekken artwork

Also your better off with a madcatz SE stick which is only $43 on amazon (PS3 Price). I have used all 5 and in terms of quality it goes like this

SF 4 TE Stick>SF 4 SE stick>Tekken 5 Hori>T6 wireless>=Hori FS 3

[quote name='CaoPi']I have used all 5 and in terms of quality it goes like this

SF 4 TE Stick>SF 4 SE stick>Tekken 5 Hori>T6 wireless>=Hori FS 3[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was wondering if I should wait for this to drop or go for the SFIV SE stick.

I think I'm going to go with the SF 4 SE for now(since if I get serious into fighters again it's easy to mod) and then maybe get this one if it drops below 50.

[quote name='abcbadcat']Here was my mini review of the stick...

Cons
Button Assignment: This arcade stick is meant for Tekken, so you would think it would be configured? No. Alright so the stick should be configured for Street Fighter right? No.

Button Layout:
[X][Y][LB]
[A][LT][RT][RB]

This is just retarded unless you are playing Soul Calibur (which then this stick would be perfectly pre-configured for)

Overall: 7/10[/QUOTE]

That is my one major gripe with the stick. The button config just seems bizarre, although it only takes a couple of seconds to reconfig. I've been pretty happy with it thus far, seems like a good stick for casual use. I've only put in about 10 hours in on it, but my little sister button mashed all over it for 2-3 hours the other night and it doesn't seem any worse for the wear.

bread's done
Back