Xbox 360 Rechargeable battery packs

funkydunkleman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have had the Microsoft branded rechargeable battery for close to 3 years now, and the thing just ain't holding a very good charge anymore. I was wondering if there are any places to get one for cheaper than the usual 11-12 bucks.

i bought a white microsoft battery pack a little over two years ago and it still holds a pretty good charge. i bought a black microsoft battery pack about 11 months ago and it is dead. i know that's not related to your question, but i had to put that out there.
if the quality of the packs have declined, maybe they are now on par with generic packs?

[quote name='csidegamer']Been ordering these packs from Deal Extreme
Bought 5, 1 was DOA, they quickly shipped replacement.

$5 a piece.
Only drawback is they take 2 weeks to arrive from Hong Kong.[/QUOTE]

Those are shitty Chinese bootlegs. Just putting that out there for people who think they would be ordering authentic Microsoft battery packs that won't burn their house down.

Locally, all official battery packs have become scarce. About a year ago when I switched over to an Elite and wanted to get black battery packs for my controllers I checked Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, Toys R Us and could not find any. A clerk at Target told me they were "discontinued from the manufacturer" and were no longer available to purchase as just a single battery pack, only with accessories that include them.

I was able to order what I needed through Amazon, but shortly thereafter they were unavailable.

I thought Microsoft was letting the stock deplete because they were going to introduce a new battery pack (longer charge life, etc.) but that never happened.

Nutty.. I had no idea they were discontinued. I just checked out Amazon and the pink and blue packs were available, but the white and black packs were about $20 including shipping each. Should have stocked up

bread's done
Back