XBOX 360 Scene it for 24.99 at Sears

[quote name='pacifickarma']Also available for 5800 pts on Club Live.[/quote]
At first, I was thinking 5800 XBL points and I was like "that's a HORRIBLE deal", but yeah Club Live points are a whole different story. I'll be saying hello to Scene It after five days of crosswords! Thanks for the heads-up!

I just tried signing up. The first page I could do just fine (nickname, avatar pic). The second page would let me check/uncheck boxes, then I would hit submit at the bottom and it would just take me back to the first page. It's done the same thing about 6 times, I even tried clearing my cache and it did the same thing. Any suggestions?

[quote name='stewie75']just completed an entire chicktionary puzzle and got 20 measley points... how do i earn 1,000 pts a day?[/quote]
Most people use an anagram solver which allows you to unscramble the letters they give you and all you have to do is type the words. You can earn 20 pts in a min once you get good.

5800 points
20 points / minute
= 290 minutes
= 4.83 hours

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have better things to do than to work for $5.18 / hour ($25/4.83)

[quote name='daminion']5800 points
20 points / minute
= 290 minutes
= 4.83 hours

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have better things to do than to work for $5.18 / hour ($25/4.83)[/quote]
In all fairness it's not hard work and it can be done at any time.

[quote name='daminion']5800 points
20 points / minute
= 290 minutes
= 4.83 hours

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have better things to do than to work for $5.18 / hour ($25/4.83)[/QUOTE]

That's incredible.

I would pay somebody $10 total for that kind of work.

I got this for $35 at Target back at the beginning of June. I still have my receipt but I don't think it will be worth taking it back to re-buy at K-Mart. My Sears doesn't have any video game stuff but K-mart should price-match Sears. I think I might as well keep it for $35 b/c gas will eat up any difference.

Well worth the money for this game. I bought it during FYE massive close out at 40% off and it a great party game.

I wish they would make this game for other things like Music and TV

I'll check this out at my local sears to see if they have the deal going. They're usually hit or miss with their video game section.

I dunno maybe I'm just a cheapskate but I'd rather spend some title solving anagrams and get free games then to spend $25

edit: besides I can do something else while solving those anagrams, like listen to CAGcast ;)

edit 2: in the past hour while watching TV (and using an anagram solver) I've gotten 337 points, would be 340 but it was telling me I had four words left in this one puzzle yet there were no more empty spaces, weird

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder the Scene It in my local Sears was nowhere to be found yesterday. My friend and I were just talking about how expensive it was, but we couldn't find it.

For club live, they've added some new games that are actually fun, mainly because you compete against other people. Word Duel and Picture This are what I'd consider the two best games on the site. The rest demand a large knowledge base (I can get 90% of the puzzle, it's just the last 10% that I get stuck on), otherwise it's just work.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Most people use an anagram solver which allows you to unscramble the letters they give you and all you have to do is type the words. You can earn 20 pts in a min once you get good.[/quote]

Will they actually get the prize if you use an anagram solver to finish the puzzles? I know your still technically winning the tickets.... but will they care that your solving each puzzle in a minute? Has anyone done that?

[quote name='sellout49']Will they actually get the prize if you use an anagram solver to finish the puzzles? I know your still technically winning the tickets.... but will they care that your solving each puzzle in a minute? Has anyone done that?[/QUOTE]

I've used them in the past and have had no problem.

Just picked this up at my Sears for $24.97 and tax. Been waiting forever for a deal on this. Thanks OP. They had one left by the way.

Shoot, I won't be out of work for a couple more hours and there's one nearby. Anyone ever call and ask them to hold a game? Are they good about that or is it a "first come" policy?

To those talking about Live Search Club gameplay, go take it to the thread in question in the Contests and Free Stuff forum. Don't clutter this thread with that OT discussion.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Shoot, I won't be out of work for a couple more hours and there's one nearby. Anyone ever call and ask them to hold a game? Are they good about that or is it a "first come" policy?[/quote]

All I know is once you call and let the employee know. They will keep it for themselves....

Snagged the second to last Scene It at the Sunrise Mall Sears near Sacramento. Once the employee who got it out of the case for me saw the price, she snagged the last one.

They also had NYKO PS3 controller chargers for $3.97 in the clearance bin. Snagged one of those as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']To those talking about Live Search Club gameplay, go take it to the thread in question in the Contests and Free Stuff forum. Don't clutter this thread with that OT discussion.[/quote]

sir yes sir. on topic though, the only thing i wish this came with, was LIVE. I'd love to play this online.

Was able to snag it at my local Sears (Vernon Hills, IL) after work. It was in the display case and the price tag reflected the clearance price. 24.97 + tax. Sweet deal. Thanks OP!!

I looked online to see if this was instock at my local stores but they all say out of stock. Just wondering if anyone else that was able to pick one up was having the same issue?

My local Sears has had a single copy of Scene It? for months, so I rushed out there the second I read this topic in hopes that it was still there.

Lucky for me, it was still sitting there in the glass case, so I snatched it up! :D

Thanks OP!

This may sound stupid, but where on the sears website do you go to check if a store has this in stock? Thanks for any help!

[quote name='Pyloric']This may sound stupid, but where on the sears website do you go to check if a store has this in stock? Thanks for any help![/quote]

go to the scene page, then it'll say on the right ship or pick up, click on the circle for pick up and you'll come up with a list of stores in your area.

the website said it was instock but I went just before and they didnt have it.. I'm going to try another sears that says in stock tomorrow

Thanks a ton for this! I called, they said they didn't have it, and then when I went anyways there were two. I almost bought both, but left one for some other lucky gent. Good luck all.

Shit!! I just bought it used from GS, and I saw it at my sears last night.

At least I bought it with cheap flipper credit :)

If your local store has it and you order it for in-store pickup will the price be adjusted to the lower clearance price when you pick it up?

nice deal, thanks OP I was able to grab one at my local sears today. $24.97 for 4 scene it controllers and the game was too good of a deal to pass up. Hopefully they release future scene it games by themselves for $29.99 without the controllers as I would love to get one for TV shows and sports.

[quote name='nyyfan']the website said it was instock but I went just before and they didnt have it.. I'm going to try another sears that says in stock tomorrow[/quote]i went to my local sears and they didnt have it but when i checked the website it said store pick up was available for that store. so i ordered it and about 30 min. later i get the email saying that my order was ready, picked it up and was able to get the price adjusted. im guessing they might have a separate stock for "online, store pick up" orders??

Might pick this up tomorrow, even though i dont have a 360 yet. :) Also since my wife works at Kmart we get a discount at Sears, so it comes out to $22.49 + tax, can't beat that.

bread's done
Back