Xbox 360 Silver Controller and Play & Charge Kit - $39.99 at Amazon

That's a really good deal. Wish I would have waited a few days. I just bought a new black one with my $10 gift card from Amazon Local deals. I ended up paying $23 for it which is not bad either but I would have rather gotten this silver one.

The real great deal here would be one of these popping up on AWD before the price goes back up.

*fingers crossed*

First time I've seen it for this price on Amazon. Love the Dpad. Already have two. Bought a spare to keep at my brother's place when I come over. One less thing to lug around. Easily worth the $40. I'm surprised they haven't made this in other colors yet.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']First time I've seen it for this price on Amazon. Love the Dpad. Already have two. Bought a spare to keep at my brother's place when I come over. One less thing to lug around. Easily worth the $40. I'm surprised they haven't made this in other colors yet.[/QUOTE]

Gow3 and MW3 special editions have the dpad :p.

Although I must say I'm disappointed. It's still the same shit dpad... its just raise a bit. Marginally better but the underlying problems are still there.

Good deal either way though, as it's still a fine controller (if not much better).

[quote name='fujimitsu']Gow3 and MW3 special editions have the dpad :p.

Although I must say I'm disappointed. It's still the same shit dpad... its just raise a bit. Marginally better but the underlying problems are still there.

Good deal either way though, as it's still a fine controller (if not much better).[/QUOTE]
Aww, that sucks. I was hoping it was a better d-pad. Sad to hear they just raised up the old d-pad. I guess I will keep buying games where I use the d-pad on the ps3 :(.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='twztid13']Aww, that sucks. I was hoping it was a better d-pad. Sad to hear they just raised up the old d-pad. I guess I will keep buying games where I use the d-pad on the ps3 :(.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

It's not just raised up, you can alternate between the standard and lifted d-pad. It's marginally better.

But underneath that interesting bit of engineering it's still the same shitty mushy d-pad. My issue with the 360 d-pad was that it was hard to really "feel" which direction your hitting exactly at any one point, it just feels like one big button you kind of mash around. They improved it a bit but it feels a lot like a new plastic top on the same underlying sensor.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Gow3 and MW3 special editions have the dpad :p.

Good deal either way though, as it's still a fine controller (if not much better).[/QUOTE]

As will the Star Wars bundle one. I ment standard colors not special editions but good point all the same. Wish the Fable III one had the new dpad. Would have snagged one for sure. Now that I have it I won't go without. It's much more than marginally better it's borderline fully functional.

[quote name='Kraus989']Careful with these, the D-Pad face will break off after awhile and render the d-pad useless.[/QUOTE]

Ive heard of this problem. I've had my silver controller for close to a year now and haven't had any problems with it. I also have the limited gears3 controller and it's fine also. Though I don't use the dpad for fighting games so theyre not getting used like crazy.

It is saying forty five bucks now.

The D pad is better, if you want it to be the ultimate fighting joystick you are kinda' outta' luck. Unless you buy the Ultimate Fighting Joystick.

Either way, thanks OP. It is a nice controller, have had one for about six months, hopefully the left analog doesn't end up warping like any other MS controller.

[quote name='Kraus989']Careful with these, the D-Pad face will break off after awhile and render the d-pad useless.[/QUOTE]

How so? I was under the impression that it made the dpad more like the old-school iron cross. I hate the sony controller due to the difficulty in hitting solid diagonals, my fingers don't like having to spread the buttons like that. Never have, since original PS1.

Wow, practically a no-brainer for $39.99 ... but for $45 (current price) it's not as easy for me to pull the trigger.. Will keep an eye on this

bread's done
Back