Xbox 360 slim - $299 -- Old Arcade $150, Elite $250 -- READ OP

poker360

Banned
shipping to retailers this week, and available to buy this week. not yet on any websites.

Hey guys, i just picked up my xbox 360 250gb S console. I have been trying it out and will give a few impressions, including how hot this thing gets. First off, the wireless adapter works great, very easy to find my network. The console itself is beautiful, loving the buttons where they are touch sensitive. I cannot hear the console when on dashboard, but i can while playing games and the disc is spinning (still not nearly as loud as old models). There is one big issue that i AM having with this however: The thing is whisper silent, but it is also Flaming Hot. Look at the picture. See the big vent on the side? That's where all the heat is at. It's not on the back like the previous console, it doesn't seem like the fan is pushing out the heat very well. This could just be me, but i had someone else touch it to verify that they indeed thought it was outrageously HOT. Let this be a warning to buyers! .. Also i do understand this may not be a problem at all. My Wii does get hot with wii connect 24 (But not as hot as the 360..). My Mac also get's rather hot (still not as hot as the 360..). I'm just throwing this out there.

Fix: Make your 360 sit horizontally. It will help the 360 ventilate better, and won't get nearly as hot!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-QITCFx9nwsTluOMMcV9Frw

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250G..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276552010&sr=1-7

360 Arcade will drop to $150
360 Elite will drop to $250
New 360 250GB "slim" is $300

img7345.jpg

250gb hdd, built in wireless n adapter

Built in transfer software, so if you want to upgrade, no worries!
includes wireless controller, headset, and composite cables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tightclaws']Amazing how they kept this pretty much under wraps![/QUOTE]

Eh, speculation has been out there for months. Nothing was concrete, but the slim isn't a big surprise either.

good job microsoft. it is amazing as someone already stated that they kept it under wraps (until atleast last night) and shipping today.

[quote name='tightclaws']Amazing how they kept this pretty much under wraps![/QUOTE]

Yeah, i thought maybe november. thought i would have a few months to save for 1.

Images were leaked a couple days before now but meh. I would trade my console for a new one honestly.

Hope Ill be able to transfer data though.

[quote name='dapunisure']any chance there will be deals for trading in my 120gb! i really want it this, especially if its rrod proof[/QUOTE]

Of course there will be. And that seems like it should have been a big selling point.

I lol'd at the fact that they gave them away to the press.... semi-obvious attempt to bribe them after an extremely weak showing, IMO.

They didn't. Images have been leaked and rumored for a while now.

Pretty amazing that they kept the release date for the new console under wraps, but no reason for me to pick up the new console. When my current 360 fails - and it will eventually - THEN I will run out and pick up the new version. Until then, I'm quite content with my Fat Xbox.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I lol'd at the fact that they gave them away to the press.... semi-obvious attempt to bribe them after an extremely weak showing, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Sorry they didn't show Milo so you could rub out a few knuckle children. I bet that would have changed your mind about their showing.

[quote name='Randolph4233']When my current 360 fails - and it will eventually - THEN I will run out and pick up the new version. Until then, I'm quite content with my Fat Xbox.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking… unless there's some great trade-in offer.
We'll have to wait a couple hours and see.

[quote name='cheaphuck']I hate shiny consoles but my MW2 LE is going on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Same, I wish it was matte or it at least came in white. My entertainment center is black and it's a complete dust magnet. Still, I like and I want.

[quote name='Randolph4233']Pretty amazing that they kept the release date for the new console under wraps, but no reason for me to pick up the new console. When my current 360 fails - and it will eventually - THEN I will run out and pick up the new version. Until then, I'm quite content with my Fat Xbox.[/QUOTE]

ditto, i want a bigger hd, but i can tough it out until my current 360 dies, and then pick one up.

I'm disappointed, in the conference. It was basically Wii for Xbox (Xbox Sports, Xbox Fit, Xbox Cart), 3 sequels we already knew about (Halo, Gears, Fable), then they gave away the slims, so now the people who would normally bitch about the conference won't say shit cuz they got a free xbox.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I lol'd at the fact that they gave them away to the press.... semi-obvious attempt to bribe them after an extremely weak showing, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree with this. I also believe it was a pretty weak show.

I don't have a 360, but the slim does look nice. Naturally my first question was "Is this going to be a good quality piece of hardware or not?"

I would buy one in the near future if they at least addressed that issue. They didn't do it during the show which makes me a little skeptical honestly. With no addressing of the hardware reliability... I'm gonna have to wait on consumer feedback on the internets. Hopefully the CAG community keep us updated when they buy their new systems.

Size comparison:

500x_php1qahuhimg_0137-w800.jpg

I also love how it took Microsoft YEARS for it to introduce built-in wi-fi to the system (lord knows they made a killing with the adapters).

I actually might consider trading in the Halo edition I bought from that Hottopic deal awhile back for like $180...

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']What are the chances gamestop gives extra cash for people trading in Xbox 360 TOWARDS the new one ?[/QUOTE]

Over 9000%.

[quote name='wwe101']hopefully the hardware wont be a piece of shit, if its rrod proof and e74 proof, i will get a 2nd 360[/QUOTE]

First thought when I saw it and he said available this week was

"Yea, I will let everyone else beta test this new xbox 360 before sinking a dime in it"

I have a jasper unit that is working wonderfully for me now. No reason to roll the dice on this. With game installs sound isn't too much of a problem.

[quote name='btw1217']I wonder if it will come bundled with any games, or if it will come down to a $299 fat bundle vs a $299 Slim[/QUOTE]

the guy announced after that the elite is gonna be $250 now and arcade will be $150

[quote name='ponn01']First thought when I saw it and he said available this week was

"Yea, I will let everyone else beta test this new xbox 360 before sinking a dime in it"

I have a jasper unit that is working wonderfully for me now. No reason to roll the dice on this. With game installs sound isn't too much of a problem.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I am perfectly happy with my jasper right now (though a little part of me wants this new model) I will wait it out and see how these new systems hold up first.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']the guy announced after that the elite is gonna be $250 now and arcade will be $150[/QUOTE]

Ooo, wow, so a $250 fat bundle vs a $299 slim without games? That'll be tougher than I thought.

they should give anyone who sat through that conference on TV a free xbox too.

what a joke.

SKITTTLEEEEES

I was watching the Gametrailers stream and some guy said the Arcade model will go down to $150 MSRP, and the current elites will go down to $250 MSRP, just sayin'.

EDIT: Seems I was too late on saying this, haha.

I've never bought a console on release week. does anyone know about the handling in retail stores? is it worth to call and pre-order now or I should expect them to have plenty in stock next week?

bread's done
Back