xbox 360 slim differences

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!
i had the halo 3 xbox 360 console for just about 3 yrs and today it started freezing like crazy and wont work for more then 10 minutes and being that its out of warranty ive decided to buy one of the new slim models

what are the main differences between the 4gb and 250gb versions aside from the obvious hard drive differences

im leaning towards the 4gb if there isnt a big difference outside harddrive space because all i really do is play ncaa 11 football and godfather 2, altho ill prolly pick up madden 11 and black ops so i really just save games on the drive

matte and gloss finishes and it doesnt come with a headset. i think thats about it.

oh and probably the included a/v cables are composite only just like the old xbox models

is 4gb enough to go play games like madden 11 and call of duty black ops

ive been using my 20gb harddrive on my old xbox forever but it seems all these new games require alot more harddrive space then usual

For game saves? 4GB is probably enough, but with a HD you can install the games to your HD and then you won't have to load them from the DVD (you still need to have the disc in the drive but it won't load anything off of it). This allows for quieter console (no disk spinning in the drive) and also faster load times on many games.

One thing to keep in mind, with the internal memory I think if your 360 slim dies for some reason you might be hosed in terms of getting that data back, unless you regularly back it up to a USB thumbdrive or something. As it is soldered to the motherboard and not removable, if they have to change out the motherboard you probably won't get that data back. I have a 360 Jasper arcade with 512MB internal memory and all I kept on it was my Live ID and a few gamerpics. Good thing too because I just got the RROD and will probably lose whatever is on the internal memory (except for what I can recover from online or discs).

I'm kind of in the same boat as you though even though I am sending it in for repair, I'm thinking about using my saved up GS credit to get a 250GB slim and then selling the old one when I get it back. My 60GB HD was getting full and I would appreciate a quieter console...

Ruahrc

This is almost exactly my story. I had the Halo 3 green/copper 360 w a 20gb hdd.

About a month ago it red ringed, so I picked up a new slim.

I chose the 250gb model because I had long suffered with a tiny 20gb hdd. I hated deleting demos and map packs to make room for new demos and map packs. I also wanted to install games to the hdd to speed up load times and save wear and tear on the dvd drive.

If you can afford it, I'd say go for the 250gb model. Even if you only play a couple of games, installing them directly to the hdd will make for a better play experience.

[quote name='shosh']oh and probably the included a/v cables are composite only just like the old xbox models[/QUOTE]
All versions ship with composite only.

bread's done
Back