Xbox 360 Slim Randomly Beeps and Turns off and on

VWKILLER0

CAGiversary!
ok so i bought this used 360 off craigslist from some possible pot smoking teenager...it was full of roaches (bugs) lulz....anywho ive taken the 360 apart and clean it up....ive taken the power brick apart and cleaned it up...they were rather nasty...and ive even disconnected the ribbon cable from the power button on the console...and yet the 360 will at any random time beep...or turn on...and while im playing it will randomly turn off...however....when i take it to my bedroom in which i have a new power brick at...(i move my 360 from office to my bedroom)....i dont ever hear a beep....but how could it even power on/off on it own with the ribbon cable being disconnected...i use my controller to power it up....

my experience with Slims is not a good one....i dont get why M$ made this unit so damn sensitive....im thinking about buying a new E Slim Console.....any ideas???

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about your problems, but if you buy a replacement I'd stick with the S model over the new E version. The E removed a bunch of connectivity options, doesn't come bundled with games like the S does, yet it costs the same price.

I don't know about your problems, but if you buy a replacement I'd stick with the S model over the new E version. The E removed a bunch of connectivity options, doesn't come bundled with games like the S does, yet it costs the same price.
ya but ive really grown to hate the sensitivity of them...whereas the new E models have actual buttons and no horribly done touch sensor (thanks M$)

bread's done
Back