Xbox 360 Slim won't turn on -- is this a common failure?

scottman

CAGiversary!
Out of nowhere, my 2 yr old xbox 360 slim won't turn on anymore.  Power supply seems fine, but console won't respond at all to any remote or buttons.  I've seen a few reports of this online, but not so much in this forum it seems.  Anybody else have this happen to their slims?  If so, post here and vent.

Seems like my only option is an $80 repair or get a new one, but this is the 2nd xbox that died on me and neither were even played that much.  First was RROD on an old premium that was under warranty because it was so common, but I thought the slims wouldn't have these problems.  Are most slims still solid or do people just expect them to fail now and don't report it as much?  Or am I an early sign of what's to come?  This is inexcusable to have so many failures from one company's consoles even after they redesign it.  None of my sony or nintendo consoles ever failed.  There weren't any power surges I know of, and it was even plugged into an overrated monster surge protector with noise filtering alongside my wii's and ps3.  Never again, microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yours sounds like a bad power supply. Have you tried another power supply from a friend or buy one on ebay?

Yours sounds like a bad power supply. Have you tried another power supply from a friend or buy one on ebay?
I was hoping that, but the power light is orange, and I even bought one of those $2 adapter dongles to try using my old pro system's power supply on it, but it also didn't work. Nobody I know has this version of xbox for me to borrow the same power supply and I don't want to spend another $35 on an authentic one just to test it and have to pay $80 anyway. I would open up the console and look for loose connections or something but I don't want to forfeit the option of their $80 repair if they won't take an opened console.

Mine has been acting up too, mostly giving me the red light on the brick. What's weird is that I have two power bricks and both started doing the same thing. One brick I use daily, the other is my travel brick. I'd hate to have to replace my Xbox over this. I still use it as much as my XBOne and PS4.

bread's done
Back