XBOX 360 Transfer Kit exchange group

Sharp Katana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
213 (100%)
Alright so a lot of CAGs have been looking to borrow 360 transfer kits from other CAGs to transfer files but it looks like no one has offered. I'm willing to lend out my transfer kit to help out a few CAG members. I plan on shipping on or around October 5 unless the slots fill up before that date. Please keep off topic discussions to a minimum.

By the way, here is the original PDF file for anyone interested in requesting a migration kit through Microsoft. You still need an Elite serial #.
http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/MigrationKit-OrderForm.pdf (thanks to gindias for the link).

There are a few rules I have:

1. Only members who have been registered at Cheapassgamer for more than 30 days with at least 45 posts are eligible.
2. Taking only the first 5 who respond.
3. Each CAG has 3 days to finish transferring files (should take no more than 1.5 hours). Mail to the next recipient on Day 4. Please keep it in good working condition!! I am sending it in mint condition; I don't want it back just to find out it's broken (unlikely, but just throwing it out there) or with the disc all scratched up.
4. CAGs pay for all shipping costs to receive.
5. I ask that each CAG member participating pay $1 to me so I could collect payment and send it to the last recipient to cover the cost to ship back to me.
6. Asking for nothing in return, just pay for shipping costs. Maybe feedback? If that's permitted :lol:. You can offer me something if you'd like but it's not necessary.

How shipping will work. CAG1 pays KSH shipping costs to receive xfer kit. CAG2 pays for shipping costs to receive from CAG1 and so on...

(KSH

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its great that KSHLove has stepped up to help the community out like this. Please sign up only if you have the good intention of using it quickly and passing it on. Maybe send KSHLove some Xbox live codes for his trouble?

I wish MS would just sell these things for $10 so we can atleast get them. Sure it should be free but as it is now it is free and you can only get them when upgrading to an elite. I still cant believe the HD bundles wont have the transfer kit.

Great thing your doing btw, I need to upgrade my HD soon for the game installs.

Hm I have a proposition:
I have a transfer cable/kit, but I need a 512MB memory card to do some transfer from a 20gb --> 20gb.

I'll trade with someone, that way we can both use what we need, then send back when we are done. Anyone up for it? PM me if so, thanks.

[quote name='Metalic'] I still cant believe the HD bundles wont have the transfer kit.[/QUOTE]

Did MS decide to stop including these with the retail boxes of the 120GB HDD? According to Amazon, it comes with still.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']Did MS decide to stop including these with the retail boxes of the 120GB HDD? According to Amazon, it comes with still.

MjC[/quote]

I think he meant all HD bundles (20 and 60 gig as well). I just bought my 120gig today but I think I'm gonna use the old memory card method since I haven't played any big RPGs on my 360 yet. I played Oblivion and others with big saves on my brother-in-law's so it should work out.

The problem with using memory cards is that some saves cant be moved that way. DOA 4, PDZ, and ALL original xbox games are examples.

I'm definitely interested - I just bought a used 120GB drive this morning, and this'd make things extremely easy. I'll gladly toss a month or two of Live your way, KSHLove.

Do I need a PC for this? I've got a Mac, but I've got access to a PC if need be.

[quote name='chakan']you only need the 360, I believe[/quote]You only need the 360.

120GB drive gets plugged into the drive bay on the top of the 360, the 20GB drive gets plugged into the USB transfer cable, and the 360 is booted up off the included CD.

I may have it wrong on which drives goes where, though that's the general idea.

You fire it up, let it do its thing and come back in a couple of hours.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm definitely interested - I just bought a used 120GB drive this morning, and this'd make things extremely easy. I'll gladly toss a month or two of Live your way, KSHLove.

Do I need a PC for this? I've got a Mac, but I've got access to a PC if need be.[/quote]

JJSP I've added you. A PC is not required. One end of the transfer cable goes into your 120gb hard drive and the other end to back of your 360. The smaller hard drive must be the one attached to the 360 when you boot it up. Load the disc and follow the instructions on screen. Fairly a simple process, and don't worry the kit also includes a mini guide on how to set it up.

It's the original drive that plugs into the 360 and the new one that gets the end of the transfer cable. I was going to dop the memory card thing, but since I figured some saves wouldn't transfer over this was the best way. Microsoft sent it to me right away after I faxed over the form, since I got an Elite.

[quote name='KSHLove']JJSP I've added you. A PC is not required. One end of the transfer cable goes into your 120gb hard drive and the other end to back of your 360. The smaller hard drive must be the one attached to the 360 when you boot it up. Load the disc and follow the instructions on screen. Fairly a simple process, and don't worry the kit also includes a mini guide on how to set it up.[/quote]
Ah. Excellent news. Thanks tons for doing this - I'd considered doing this the memory card way, but I've only got a 64MB card and this is far easier to transfer everything.

Very nice of you KSH. I was thinking about lending mine out as I have no use for it anymore, however that may not be an option anymore as I don't know where the disc is (I forgot it even came with one) :bomb:

Hey, this sounds right up my alley, why, let me just bring up ye olde paypal account and send you some shipping $$ and we'll be right on our wa.....oh no:

[quote name='KSHLove']
There are a few rules I have:

1. Only members who have been registered at Cheapassgamer for more than 30 days with at least 45 posts are eligible.[/quote]

Hmm. May I apply for an exception/waiver to this rule? I know, if you make an exception for me, then you have to make one for everyone, but then again, it's your cable, so you can be as pick-n-choosey as you want!

Let's see, trying to come up with a legitimate reason why I should be exempt -- okay, I don't have a reason why I'm special (damn you Mom, all those lies about me being "Special"...too much booze...sigh) but here's my best argument (undergrad PHL degree don't fail me now):

1. I'm new to the forum, but I registered some time ago, so I do meet the 30 day requirement I think.
  2. An unscrupulous person would simply go spam 40 extra posts about nothing, merely to get your (undeserved!) trust -- but me, no, I keep it real. ;)

and,
  3. Surely things like, say, having a PayPal Verified/Premier account, or being a Notary Public (not that I am one, just throwing stuff out there, lol), or, um, Dual Cat Ownership, et al, could potentially be used to verify one's identity, in lieu of the 45 post requirement...?

So, in summary and in conclusion, as Abraham Lincoln once said: On my summer vacation I would like to be placed on the Esteemed List of Transfer Cable Recipients. And I assure you: I'm only registered as a sex offender in a scant 42 of the 50 states, so it's almost like I'm not really a felon at all!

Convinced? :)

BTW, it's totally understandable/prudent for you to have minor requirements like this, so you don't get screwed out of your transfer cable by faceless Internet weirdos. So I totally understand if the answer's no -- don't let the seemingly "life or death situation"-esque tone of the note above suggest otherwise. :)

[quote name='InvalidUser']Hey, this sounds right up my alley, why, let me just bring up ye olde paypal account and send you some shipping $$ and we'll be right on our wa.....oh no:

Hmm. May I apply for an exception/waiver to this rule? I know, if you make an exception for me, then you have to make one for everyone, but then again, it's your cable, so you can be as pick-n-choosey as you want!

Let's see, trying to come up with a legitimate reason why I should be exempt -- okay, I don't have a reason why I'm special (damn you Mom, all those lies about me being "Special"...too much booze...sigh) but here's my best argument (undergrad PHL degree don't fail me now):

1. I'm new to the forum, but I registered some time ago, so I do meet the 30 day requirement I think.
  2. An unscrupulous person would simply go spam 40 extra posts about nothing, merely to get your (undeserved!) trust -- but me, no, I keep it real. ;)

and,
  3. Surely things like, say, having a PayPal Verified/Premier account, or being a Notary Public (not that I am one, just throwing stuff out there, lol), or, um, Dual Cat Ownership, et al, could potentially be used to verify one's identity, in lieu of the 45 post requirement...?

So, in summary and in conclusion, as Abraham Lincoln once said: On my summer vacation I would like to be placed on the Esteemed List of Transfer Cable Recipients. And I assure you: I'm only registered as a sex offender in a scant 42 of the 50 states, so it's almost like I'm not really a felon at all!

Convinced? :)

BTW, it's totally understandable/prudent for you to have minor requirements like this, so you don't get screwed out of your transfer cable by faceless Internet weirdos. So I totally understand if the answer's no -- don't let the seemingly "life or death situation"-esque tone of the note above suggest otherwise. :)[/quote]

I found your post to be amusing and a bit humorous :), but (oh no there's a but :cry:) unfortunately I cannot make an exception to this rule. I was scammed here not too long ago by a CAG newbie. I know I've said this before, not all CAG newbies are scammers, so to be safe I put these rules up. I am sorry you do not meet 1 of the requirements and I do appreciate you understanding.

The reason why I chose 30 days and 45 posts was to reach out to more members. I honestly don't think it's too bad, 30 days isn't terribly a long time and 45 posts is a decent amount of posts to ask.

im concerned i may have ruined it for myself. I used a memory card to get the majority of things onto the new drive. Then i deleted them off the other one.

With this cable can u pick and choose what to move to the other drive? Because if it just overwrites it all with whats on the other drive im gonna lose a TON of stuff.

[quote name='genfuyung']im concerned i may have ruined it for myself. I used a memory card to get the majority of things onto the new drive. Then i deleted them off the other one.

With this cable can u pick and choose what to move to the other drive? Because if it just overwrites it all with whats on the other drive im gonna lose a TON of stuff.[/quote]

I honestly don't remember if you can choose which files you want to transfer. But if you're afraid of losing data I would suggest backing it up with a memory card. MS has a disclaimer that not 100% of the data may transfer through. Remember once you transfer the files your old hdd is wiped clean. I didn't have a problem transferring though.

Just got all my crap transferred over. Forgot how long a lot of these things took to download .

Microsoft sent me a second transfer kit today so if we get a ton of people wanting to do an exchange I would be willing to send one out on a second exchange list (though it doesn't look like that's going to be a problem yet).

i got mine for free i did not even need it transfer files.

i got it so i can update the rosters in espn nfl 2k5 and have custom stadium music

I also have one sitting in my basement if anyone in the Chicagoland area wants to use it... On one hand, I'll probably never use it again, but then again...

I know this is probably a little off topic for you guys, but can't a Datel Xport be used to basically do the same thing? I know these can be pricey/hard to find, but with M$ not freely handing out cables, it would be another alternative, no? And better than the memory card method too, I'd think.

Can anyone upload the transfer software disk online? I bought a hard drive and have the cable but the disk is region locked to asian consoles.

Thanks

I'd like to be added to the list, I'm planning to pick up a 120 GB Hard Drive tomorrow (assuming I can find one at one of my local GS's, although they both had them the other day)

faxing is apparently the way to go.I got one today. Now im trying to figure out how to get just a few saves off of it. Theres some program u can use on the computer but didnt Msoft start banning people who were using saves that didnt originate on the hard drive? I mean, Im not downloading saves im just trying to get my original xbox games and DOA4 saves on my new drive.

If you're still going to go through with this, I'd really appreciate being added. Just picked up mine at GS yesterday and can't wait to transfer everything over.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If you're still going to go through with this, I'd really appreciate being added. Just picked up mine at GS yesterday and can't wait to transfer everything over.[/quote]

added you.

2 more days left

Is these going to be a 'round two' to this?
I don't spend much time on this site, so I don't think I fit the requirements to join the team, but that doesn't negate the fact I'm still in need of the kit.

Also, is this being done because there is a long waiting list for them? I was thinking of just using my brothers' Elite serial number because they wont be needed to upgrade their system… would this work out?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Is these going to be a 'round two' to this?
I don't spend much time on this site, so I don't think I fit the requirements to join the team, but that doesn't negate the fact I'm still in need of the kit.

Also, is this being done because there is a long waiting list for them? I was thinking of just using my brothers' Elite serial number because they wont be needed to upgrade their system… would this work out?[/quote]

Probably won't be a round 2 seeing that the list isn't full, but if any other CAG members want to participate in sharing theirs they can.

If you have an elite and another 360 system you should be able to request a free transfer kit. The link is posted in the OP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, today is the last day! I will be sending out PMs this evening to the CAG members participating.

You can get the kit without an Elite. You just need any Xbox serial number. Even an Arcade Xbox is fine. Microsoft would assume maybe you bought a used hard drive that didn't come with a cable.

Trust me, you'll get a cable. All you need is a serial number to write down. I got mine no problem. Then I bought the aftermarket 120GB HDD I needed the cable for to upgrade, not realizing they packaged in a cable due to a bad review I read for it that claimed they did not. Then Microsoft for some reason mailed me another one. They're not stingy with these things. You can still get one, the program hasn't ended.

This thread is basically unecessary, as the cable itself only costs whatever a stamp is currently worth. Unless this is ReallyCheapAssGamer. ;)

I wish I could be added. I'd be willing to send $10 your way, but I guess I'll see if I can get a free one from MS. Let me know if anything changes

I was able to find one of these on CL, so I'm going to have back out. Thanks, though, for doing this for CAG, KSH, and I hope everything goes smoothly.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I was able to find one of these on CL, so I'm going to have back out. Thanks, though, for doing this for CAG, KSH, and I hope everything goes smoothly.[/quote]

no prob I'll update the other members about this and the OP.

not sure if you guys know this but you really just need the transfer cd. You can use any usb enclosure.

[quote name='62t']not sure if you guys know this but you really just need the transfer cd. You can use any usb enclosure.[/quote]

That's interesting.
I wonder if there is an ISO file on the Xbox website somewhere.
It sure would save me from having to pick one up on Ebay.
Seeing as though nobody on ebay will sell both the 120HD AND the transfer kit together.

[quote name='sunnysky']That's interesting.
Seeing as though nobody on ebay will sell both the 120HD AND the transfer kit together.[/quote]

You can try to send away for one, as well. Just put that you have an Elite that is on order. It worked for me and a number of other CAGs.

[quote name='sunnysky']That's interesting.
Seeing as though nobody on ebay will sell both the 120HD AND the transfer kit together.[/QUOTE]

the disc is on the internet, but you will need a modded xbox to read it.

bread's done
Back