Xbox 360 VGA Cable $15 @ TRU

Pic on TRU.com shows a component cable picture. :whistle2:s

UPC posted on the page matches the UPC for the VGA cable, according to Google.

That's what the HD component cable looks like, at least the one I was looking at when I was at Meijer the other day. The normal composite cable only has 3 plugs and this one has 6. It's an HD cable, not sure why the UPC is coming up as that though.

[quote name='kn1ghtl0rd']That's what the HD component cable looks like, at least the one I was looking at when I was at Meijer the other day. The normal composite cable only has 3 plugs and this one has 6. It's an HD cable, not sure why the UPC is coming up as that though.[/QUOTE]

Pic is wrong because the listing is for a VGA cable not a Component HD Cable. They are different types of cables.

Good deal on MS branded VGA cable though.

Sweet! I've been looking for a cheap one, thanks!

EDIT: $5 Shipping sucks...I'll check instore to see if they have them there for that price.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pic on TRU.com shows a component cable picture. :whistle2:s

UPC posted on the page matches the UPC for the VGA cable, according to Google.[/quote]

kind of off topic but...shrike...your not a moderator anymore?

Hate to say it, but I just paid full price for one of these the other day(I was having a hard time finding one used). I may have to purchase it and return to BB, and save 20 bucks.

[quote name='thegamer4787']The Microsoft brand vga cable includes a vga adapter and an audio adapter correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And I have to say, the audio quality is kick ass. I have to turn the 360 down to like 20 out of 100 if I dont want to blow my clothes off.

Just called my local TrU and was told they were still $29.98. (the fairly unpleasant CSR on the phone looked it up on the computer by item #, I didn't just call the R-Zone)

So I ordered one online. I was just thinking yesterday of picking one up if I found it cheap.. thanks!

I just went and it's $29.98 at my local store.

Going back to the web site, I noticed a large `Check out of ONLINE ONLY DEALS of the Day!' box and clicked on it. Guess what? The VGA cable is in the $10-20 list.

So maybe you could get the store to pricematch the online price. The store I went to had tons of them, but wouldn't match the price.

[quote name='CaptPete']I just went and it's $29.98 at my local store.

Going back to the web site, I noticed a large `Check out of ONLINE ONLY DEALS of the Day!' box and clicked on it. Guess what? The VGA cable is in the $10-20 list.

So maybe you could get the store to pricematch the online price. The store I went to had tons of them, but wouldn't match the price.[/quote]

Toys R Us does not price match any store, including the online website. The VGA cables instoer are still a bit higher, the svideo cables I believe are pretty cheap in store though.

I got it from buy.com for 21.99 after GCO, free shipping (last I checked).

I'm sort of happy with it!

Keep in mind all you 360 owners, the 15 pin VGA cable for the Xbox 360 is the only way to upconvert DVD's if you don't have the HDMI port. So, if you want to upconvert regular DVD's, pick up this cable (It's well worth it!)

Does anybody know how the picture looks with VGA relative to HDMI? I'm currently using HDMI, but since my TV only has one HDMI input it would be nice to free up that port if VGA isn't a major downgrade.

[quote name='jerfgoke']Does anybody know how the picture looks with VGA relative to HDMI? I'm currently using HDMI, but since my TV only has one HDMI input it would be nice to free up that port if VGA isn't a major downgrade.[/QUOTE]

here is a review on team xbox...they seem to like it

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/xbox-360/40/Xbox-360-VGA-HD-AV-Cable/p1/

the reviews on amazon are also pretty good although some complain of washed out colors and weak black

[quote name='MujuroUtsutsu']Toys R Us does not price match any store, including the online website. The VGA cables instoer are still a bit higher, the svideo cables I believe are pretty cheap in store though.[/quote]

Showed the store people the toysrus.com printout, they matched it, no hassle. YMMV.

Thanks, OP!

i took a printout from the toysrus website to sears for a pricematch and after it was approved,she scanned the item (which was tagged at 31.97) and it rang-up for 12.97. no need for a price match. ymmv

took the advice of other CAG's and called around to local gamestops and picked up a VGA cable for 360 excellent condition for $9.99 + it came with the mini jack adapter and a male to female VGA converter.

Was at TRU today and they were marked down to $19.99. This is pretty good considering I payed $45 for it sometime last year.

[quote name='vidGuy']Toys R US B&M and TRU.com are separate. No price matching. Good deal though.[/quote]

As I posted earlier, bring in a printout and ask nicely. You may be surprised; I was.

I picked mine up a week or so ago at my local TRU for $19.98. I'm very happy with it. I don't have an HDTV yet and this is the next best thing until then. The picture resolution looks outstanding on my widescreen LCD PC monitor.

bread's done
Back