Xbox 360 VGA cable: Offical vs. Third party

munoi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey guys; since so many games were giving me small text issues in SD, I decided to purchase a VGA cable to hook up to my LCD monitor. Monoprice.com has a third party cable for about half the price as the Microsoft cable, but I wanted know whether the quality would be the same between the two brands.

Any experience with xbox 360 third party accessories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I use the monoprice ones on my 40" sony and its been working fantastic!
I would save the money and buy the monoprice ones unless you find the official ones cheaper.

I got both, the official and the third party ones from monoprice, and I don't notice a difference. Get whatever is cheaper.

I got the official one from GS used. I had a 20% off coupon and my edge card, so it ended up around $7. Maybe you can try that if you can wait for a coupon that allows discounts off hardware.

I have a 3rd party and it's been working fine for nearly two years. Though, a used 1st party from GS might do the trick too.

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably just get the cable through monoprice since I need to pick up some optical cables from them as well.

By the way; I heard that if I use an optical cable and plug it into my soundcard, on my computer, that the sound signal would be played though whatever PC speakers that were hooked up (I'm guessing this includes headphones too). Has anyone actually tried this?

both versions work fine. I bought a Lik Sang from PlayAsia many moons ago and then a 1st party from BB to see if it would let me do 1080p on the new TV. For whatever reason I couldn't get it to work with either cable so I sold them both. HDMI FTW!

For your second question, if you have FO on your soundcard and FO inputs on your speakers then you should be fine. FO cables work best for transmitting between sources (ie your xbox to your stereo) instead of transmitting from an amp to a speaker. Your speakers would have to be powered since electricty can't be transmitted by "light" in this instance.

while I can't properly compare the two, I can say that I have the monoprice cable running true 1080p on a plasma TV (I specify "true" 1080p because many plasmas will only accept odd resolutions through the VGA port) and I have had no problems with it.

bread's done
Back