Xbox 360 vs PS3

[quote name='Thomas96']1st of all you're talking about games that were ported to the PS3 from 360, and those ports if they werenot as good on PS3 were due to devs not to anything wrong with the PS3.... Call of Duty 4 proves that. The 3 PSN online games got recent updates... what was the last update that Gears received, Rainbow six got an update, when the PS3 version was released.... so that the extra stuff on the PS3 disc would be included on Live for free... [after some had already paid for the 60 dollar game and extra for the DLC ] If you like Live then that's fine, but trust, the PS3's online situation is just fine. You ask me how cheap am I , the question should be why are you so willing to pay for.. what you can have for free... but I'm not questioning your decision, cause its about what you like, Im just saying... don't act like you had to make the decision to use live because "the PS3 online" isn't there.. its there, its working well, getting better, and its fun. [its not perfect and neither is live]

funny.. you choose Need for Speed Carbon to try and prove your point... needless to say that's sad... a game that no one's going to buy now... How about Burnout, how about Need for Speed Pro whatever.. how about simpsons, how about stranglehold... I mean damn.. I know you want to be right, in your argument, and if you're right, then okay you're right, but how can you throw up such an poor example.. try again...

.... ..... .... ..... ......I had to mention something else... you say this " Actually, If you go to gamespot's comparison of the two systems tet a tet, the PS3 comes up with consistently uglier and rough textures. The colors on the 360 are more vibrant, the textures more realistic." but I bet that you only believe that because gamespot.com said the following: "Both systems have fairly similar graphics in Need for Speed Carbon, but the Xbox 360 has better lighting while the PS3 "

If you look at the first photo, there was too much lighting with those trees, so they toned it back a little bit in the PS3 verision, this is not a failure of textures, its a devs decision, and for the most part with that particular scene, they got it right on the PS3, imo. That was a lauch title, for both systems, however, its a year later.. .lets see how well UT3 does on the 360... can't wait to see those comparison shots.[/quote]

Whatever. I'm not going to keep arguing. I'm probably saving you from a major brain aneurysm

If i had to pick one of the two right now, it'd be the 360. Its got way more games to choose from and online mode is obviously better as there are more users. But realistically, the PS3 is better for the long run. There are far more A* games to come, and the number of features the PS3 has is getting ridiculous now.

[quote name='near']If i had to pick one of the two right now, it'd be the 360. Its got way more games to choose from and online mode is obviously better as there are more users. But realistically, the PS3 is better for the long run. There are far more A* games to come, and the number of features the PS3 has is getting ridiculous now.[/QUOTE]I don't think XBL is $50 better.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I don't think XBL is $50 better.[/QUOTE]

1) To you it's not $50 better, but tons of other people disagree.

2) If you actually pay retail for anything, you shoulod instantly be given a lifelong IP ban. It's CHEAP ASS GAMER for a reason.

It's not $50 better to me...well actually $150 better since I'd have to buy a wireless adapter. I'm sure lots of people pay retail for stuff on this site, in fact I know people do. Cheap ass gamer does not equal poor ass gamer. Some people can afford to buy games for MSRP (like at release for example) and they do. They're just here for the deals on other games.

[quote name='whoknows']It's not $50 better to me...well actually $150 better since I'd have to buy a wireless adapter. I'm sure lots of people pay retail for stuff on this site, in fact I know people do. Cheap ass gamer does not equal poor ass gamer. Some people can afford to buy games for MSRP (like at release for example) and they do. They're just here for the deals on other games.[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about being poor? There's no need to pay full retail for any game, system or game service. If you do, you're either a) not that bright b) very impatient c) EXTREMELY Lazy d) any combination of a, b and c.

And a wireless router isn't necessary for Live. I Don't have one and I'm all the better for it (not to mention $20-50 richer).

[quote name='whoknows']It's not $50 better to me[/QUOTE]

That's only acceptable if you're willing to believe people think otherwise.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Who said anything about being poor? There's no need to pay full retail for any game, system or game service. If you do, you're either a) not that bright b) very impatient c) EXTREMELY Lazy d) any combination of a, b and c.

And a wireless router isn't necessary for Live. I Don't have one and I'm all the better for it (not to mention $20-50 richer).

That's only acceptable if you're willing to believe people think otherwise.[/QUOTE]
I need the wireless adapter since I'm nowhere near close enough to use a cable to get online with the 360.

I know it's worth it to people, and good for them.

When you spend money per month or per year... you have to use it... and when it comes to paying for live... I don't like that pressure.. pressure to have to "get your money's worth" out of the live service that you're paying for. If I play all RPGs and don't go online, no problem... with PS3 its free, no money wasted... but with live.. you pay, then you're compelled to have to use it. The PS3 service is much better suited for the casual gamer, if you're willing to pay for live then you should get your hardcore gamer badge. (or acheivement)

The Xbox 360, as it's got a better selection of games and LIVE is really excellent. And achievements are pretty swell as well.

[quote name='Thomas96']When you spend money per month or per year... you have to use it... and when it comes to paying for live... I don't like that pressure.. pressure to have to "get your money's worth" out of the live service that you're paying for. If I play all RPGs and don't go online, no problem... with PS3 its free, no money wasted... but with live.. you pay, then you're compelled to have to use it. The PS3 service is much better suited for the casual gamer, if you're willing to pay for live then you should get your hardcore gamer badge. (or acheivement)[/QUOTE]Exactly. Having to pay for it, I feel like I'm supposing to be playing, but most games I tried to play did not work out. This doesn't mean I'm off XBL forever, because if I can get a decent deal on a 12 month card, I'll come back for sure. I just feel that $50 a month is too much, and I can't exactly fit that into my budget.

[quote name='whoknows']It's not $50 better to me...well actually $150 better since I'd have to buy a wireless adapter. I'm sure lots of people pay retail for stuff on this site, in fact I know people do. Cheap ass gamer does not equal poor ass gamer. Some people can afford to buy games for MSRP (like at release for example) and they do. They're just here for the deals on other games.[/QUOTE]I agree about that, because in my apartment, I had to run a very long cable to my 360.
[quote name='yukine']The Xbox 360, as it's got a better selection of games and LIVE is really excellent. And achievements are pretty swell as well.[/QUOTE]
Achievements are meaningless IMO (I rather play games for fun then brag to people who has a higher score, because having a higher score gets you ZERO reward) and when you knock out ALL multi-platform games on PS3/360, either platform isn't significantly better than the other unless you love FPS.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I don't think XBL is $50 better.[/quote]

Well i don't think XBL is $50 better either. But what I'm saying is at the moment the online play on 360 games are slightly more enjoyable to the PS3, as there are far more users available. For instance, R6 Vegas on the PS3 kind of sucks, because 1). servers are crap 2) there arent many people online. But the x360 version has far more users and the servers are slightly more stable.

[quote name='near']Well i don't think XBL is $50 better either. But what I'm saying is at the moment the online play on 360 games are slightly more enjoyable to the PS3, as there are far more users available. For instance, R6 Vegas on the PS3 kind of sucks, because 1). servers are crap 2) there arent many people online. But the x360 version has far more users and the servers are slightly more stable.[/QUOTE]

hold on now... Rainbow Six is one of my favs... the servers are not crap, those games I've played are very stable, and there's people playing various modes. Now I'm sure there aren't as many as there are with 360 Vegas, but hey, as Halo 3 fans say [in regards to 16 player max vs R:FOM 40 player max] more isn't always better. WHo sets up the server for this game MS, or the devs... cause if its the devs then...I would say how could the PS3 version be crap if we both playing on the same server... essentially. But I've played a lot of Rainbow six, and I haven't been kicked out of games, or had lag... its been nice. Have you Played Rainbow six on PS3?

[quote name='Thomas96']hold on now... Rainbow Six is one of my favs... the servers are not crap, those games I've played are very stable, and there's people playing various modes. Now I'm sure there aren't as many as there are with 360 Vegas, but hey, as Halo 3 fans say [in regards to 16 player max vs R:FOM 40 player max] more isn't always better. WHo sets up the server for this game MS, or the devs... cause if its the devs then...I would say how could the PS3 version be crap if we both playing on the same server... essentially. But I've played a lot of Rainbow six, and I haven't been kicked out of games, or had lag... its been nice. Have you Played Rainbow six on PS3?[/quote]

I own R6Vegas on PS3. Sadly i never seem to get a good connection with it [only game that lags for me online]. I've played the 360 version as well a few times and it seemed very smooth. If it is true that they use the same servers, then it must be something in my area :whistle2:k

[quote name='near']Well i don't think XBL is $50 better either. But what I'm saying is at the moment the online play on 360 games are slightly more enjoyable to the PS3, as there are far more users available. For instance, R6 Vegas on the PS3 kind of sucks, because 1). servers are crap 2) there arent many people online. But the x360 version has far more users and the servers are slightly more stable.[/QUOTE]However, if you're like me, I do not buy a game to play online with random people. I only buy games online to play with friends of mine (if they happen to own a game I like). One reason I bought the PS3 version of NFS Carbon was because one of my good friends had the game on his PS3. I've had way too many bad experiences with random people online (on PSN, XBL, and PS2 online).

But that's just me though. ;)

A little Off Topic, did your name come from Death Note?

[quote name='whoknows']1. Yeah, the PS3 has looked worse more often than not than the 360 version, but the difference is so minimal there is no way you could tell the difference unless you compared them side by side.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you haven't played or seen Madden?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']However, if you're like me, I do not buy a game to play online with random people. I only buy games online to play with friends of mine (if they happen to own a game I like). One reason I bought the PS3 version of NFS Carbon was because one of my good friends had the game on his PS3. I've had way too many bad experiences with random people online (on PSN, XBL, and PS2 online).

But that's just me though. ;)

A little Off Topic, did your name come from Death Note?[/quote]

I see were your coming from. I too dont play many games online. I brought R6vegas for co-op mode.

Yeah lmao i stole the name off Death Note :cool: I see you watch/ed it ?

[quote name='near']I own R6Vegas on PS3. Sadly i never seem to get a good connection with it [only game that lags for me online]. I've played the 360 version as well a few times and it seemed very smooth. If it is true that they use the same servers, then it must be something in my area :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

don't quote me on that, cause I'm not sure myself. But I'd definitely like to know. If not for this game, but for all games. I don't think that MS has some special servers which all Live games plug in to.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Clearly you haven't played or seen Madden?[/quote]

Madden is significantly better on the 360 this year. If EA doesn't fix that next year like they promised, there's gonna be hell to pay.

In whoknows' defense, the statement made was "more often than not," Madden is just 1 example.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Exactly. Having to pay for it, I feel like I'm supposing to be playing, but most games I tried to play did not work out. This doesn't mean I'm off XBL forever, because if I can get a decent deal on a 12 month card, I'll come back for sure. I just feel that $50 a month is too much, and I can't exactly fit that into my budget.

I agree about that, because in my apartment, I had to run a very long cable to my 360.

Achievements are meaningless IMO (I rather play games for fun then brag to people who has a higher score, because having a higher score gets you ZERO reward) and when you knock out ALL multi-platform games on PS3/360, either platform isn't significantly better than the other unless you love FPS.[/QUOTE]

Or Racing, or RPG, or Puzzle, or pretty much every genre . . .

They're only similar if you have a natural dislike of 360 titles.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Exactly. Having to pay for it, I feel like I'm supposing to be playing, but most games I tried to play did not work out. This doesn't mean I'm off XBL forever, because if I can get a decent deal on a 12 month card, I'll come back for sure. I just feel that $50 a month is too much, and I can't exactly fit that into my budget.[/quote]
Yeah, $50 a month is way too much. Of course, that's not even close to what Xbox Live actually costs - I'm hoping that you meant $50 per year, which is less than $5 per month (if you pay full price). I understand it wouldn't be worth it if you're not into online play, but are you really telling us that you can't fit $4-5 a month into your budget?

[quote name='primetime']Madden is significantly better on the 360 this year. If EA doesn't fix that next year like they promised, there's gonna be hell to pay.

In whoknows' defense, the statement made was "more often than not," Madden is just 1 example.[/QUOTE]

It happens, some games on PS3 aren't up to par with other consoles' games, but as long as its not a "PS3" problem then there's nothing to worry about. I agree the 360 version was nice, I bought it.. and was about to open it... only thing is that you have to pay for live to get the updates [just for the damn roster updates!] But I played it [in store] and it played well.. but from videos i've seen online 360 madden wasn't without its glitches. So overall EA did a bad job with Madden this year, and even though it sold well on 360.. overall EA did poorly and I think that them posting losses were a direct result of that.

[quote name='elmyra']Yeah, $50 a month is way too much. Of course, that's not even close to what Xbox Live actually costs - I'm hoping that you meant $50 per year, which is less than $5 per month (if you pay full price). I understand it wouldn't be worth it if you're not into online play, but are you really telling us that you can't fit $4-5 a month into your budget?[/quote]

Its not just about $4-5 a month, its actually the principles. I shouldn't have to pay extra money yearly to play games online that i've already paid for. On top of all the added features/peripherals such as a wireless adapter, which does cost extra money. [And they say PS3 is far more expensive compared to 360].

[quote name='near']Its not just about $4-5 a month, its actually the principles. I shouldn't have to pay extra money yearly to play games online that i've already paid for. On top of all the added features/peripherals such as a wireless adapter, which does cost extra money. [And they say PS3 is far more expensive compared to 360].[/quote]

You do realise you don't have to get the wireless adapter to use Live don't you?

Thats what's more commonly known as a "choice".

bread's done
Back