Xbox 360 Warranty roundup?

greatscot

CAGiversary!
I plan on getting a 360 as soon as tax money comes (any day now) and also will be buying an in-store warranty. I see many mentions of these various warranties from Best Buy, Gamestop, etc., but no mention of length and price. Is there a resource that I have missed that has this info? If not, any help on this info would be greatly appreciated.

This is from the 360 FAQ Thread

C. Warranty:
This is, by far, the most asked question about the 360 for new owners. Everytime I get the problem solved, something new happens that changes the answer around. So without further adieu, here is the breakdown of the warranty process as of 2006:
1. There is a limited warranty (the one that comes with the Xbox 360 itself) that protects for one year of the purchase of your 360 or some "limited" amount of time.

2. There is a 1 and 2 year extended warranty that you can also get after your limited warranty expires that helps protect the system and accessories.

Number one goes into affect immediately after getting the system, pending that you have some sort of proof of your purchase. After this 90 days or "limited time" your warranty is up and you must pay for sending the Xbox 360 to MS. Number two can be aquired at any time through Microsoft themselves (recommended way). This way takes some time to process so it would be best to go ahead and purchase and not wait on the chance that it breaks. For a 2-year warranty, be prepared to dish out $60 for the 2 year or $30 for 1 year. Call the #1-800-469-9269 and have your serial number ready for when you call. For more information regarding the warranty, here's the link to the Official Microsoft Warranty page (a .pdf application, most helpful info is on pages 5-7). If you would rather see the warranty page from Xbox.com, check here.

Note: MAKE SURE you get an extended warranty for this console. As usual, for a system still in its first stages, there will be problems that arise that require you to send off your 360 for repair, and even now there are problems here and there with people getting used/refurbished systems. I can't stress enough how much importance should be placed on getting this, it can and will save you from much stress. The offer comes with the 360 inside the box. There is no reason to not protect your $400+ investment.

Target sells their 3 year warranty @ only $30!!

That being said, I don't know if Target offers a very good warranty or not....

bread's done
Back