XBOX 360 what is the best auto racing game

frank21_1981

CAGiversary!
im going to puchase a 360 today and noticed that there are quite a few auto racing games anybody want to offer their opinion on the best one for multiplayer. thanks

[quote name='CheapyD']If you want arcade style,I recommend Burnout Revenge, if not, Project Gotham Racing 3.[/QUOTE]

Yep, those are the two to choose from.

Ridge Racer 6 takes way too long to get good, so you'll spend 20 hours in boring races before you get to the good stuff.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted is decent but forgetable. If you like the series (prior to the Underground stuff) then it is worth looking into when the price drops.

Full Auto is actually pretty fun if you like to have combat involved in your racing, but it's obvious that a lot of features were cut out to get the game out. There's not very many tracks and the game doesn't take full advantage of the weapons.

I think that covers them all.

might be a dumb question but is the burnout revenge for 360 any diff than the ps2 version?

wish Test Drive was out lol any thoughts on that game coming out 8/8/06 i believe

[quote name='frank21_1981']might be a dumb question but is the burnout revenge for 360 any diff than the ps2 version?

wish Test Drive was out lol any thoughts on that game coming out 8/8/06 i believe[/QUOTE]

There's a downloadable demo of Test Drive on Live, so you can give that a "Test Drive" if you are interested in it. It seemed pretty bland, but it could have been an early build.

Burnout Revenge is basically the same game as the PS2 version with improved graphics and better online play. Maybe a couple of extra things, but basically it's the same game.

[quote name='frank21_1981']might be a dumb question but is the burnout revenge for 360 any diff than the ps2 version?

wish Test Drive was out lol any thoughts on that game coming out 8/8/06 i believe[/quote]
Burnout Revenge for 360 is a lot different. You get this Rival tracker which keeps up with who's wrecked you and who you've taken out. Also, there are a lot of new cars, crash events, and single player objectives. Don't forget about saving replays and sharing them, either.
The Test Drive demo kinda sucked, but the developers took it off the Marketplace and added that even they thought it sucked, so they are releasing another demo which "more accurately depicts the final product". I have high hopes, though, cuz all other Test Drive games have been good.
For racers in general, it's hard to beat Burnout. If you like precision racing I'm all about MotoGP and PGR3 (especially since PGR included the Cat and Mouse gametype recently).
Need for Speed is trash unless you are just totally obsessed with Josie Maran, cuz you get a lot of her in that game :lol:

PGR 3 is my favorite so far. The single player is good and long. There are some good multiplayer modes and the weekly tournaments are fun. Remember you can download demos of burnout, nfs, pgr and moto gp from the marketplace for free before you go out and buy one of them.

Agreed with everyone about PGR3 and/or Burnout Revenge. If you have patience, wait for Forza 2 if you want a full on racing/sim.

Speaking of which, I need to get some points for the two expainsions in PGR3. I'm a cheap bastard.

(if only they'd make the expansions for PGR2 free by now)

The best technical racing game so far is PGR3. It has a nice vareity of cars and tracks and great online play. Also it has the most unique soundtrack. The In-cockpit experience is by far the best element in PGR3 and makes it a whole new experience

NFSMW is my fav arcade racer on the 360 since it reminds me of the hot pursuit games before they threw in all that supid "underground" crap.

Burnout was great when it first came out, but the non-use of real cars greatly turns off the fun for me. They can't use licensed cars for obvious reasons, but it still doesn't change the fact it detracts. In PGR3 and NFSW I love earning money up to buy those new cars we can't afford in real life. In Burnout it's just "whoopie... another generic car" Ridge racer often suffers from the same problem. Oh yeah... it also has that teenage angsty soundtrack =/.

And ridge Racer? well it feels kind of like controlling a roller coaster which is a major turnoff for me.

[quote name='frank21_1981']im going to puchase a 360 today and noticed that there are quite a few auto racing games anybody want to offer their opinion on the best one for multiplayer. thanks[/QUOTE]

Arcade - Burnout Revenge
Sim - Forza 2 (not out yet)
Mix of both - Project Gotham Racing 3

Get on live and download the demos. Then compair them. On live:
Burnout Revenge
Full Auto
Moto GP '06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ridge Racer
Test Drive: Unlimed

I just recently dl Ridge, and thought it was pretty fun. Ive also rented NFS:MW, and am waiting for a pricedrop, I definatly want to pick it up.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Get on live and download the demos. Then compair them. On live:
Burnout Revenge
Full Auto
Moto GP '06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ridge Racer
Test Drive: Unlimed

I just recently dl Ridge, and thought it was pretty fun. Ive also rented NFS:MW, and am waiting for a pricedrop, I definatly want to pick it up.[/quote]

If I recall, isn't the Test Drive demo gone, as the developers hated the way it was? Ridge Racer is ok, but it tries so hard to cash in on the drifting craze. Even though that is the point of the game. Moto GP from what I've played is a pain, then again, thats the only version I've ever gotten my hands on. Full Auto is cool if you want a Twisted Metal feel. Of course, because the demo blows ass, I could never play for more than the first 30 secs because it freezes. Hopefully they may have fixed it.

As for Forza 2, I think I need to put money down to preorder it...

bread's done
Back