Xbox 360 Wifi Adapter $69.99 after GCO Buy.com

bill123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Hey all I did a quick search to see if it had been already posted and didn't see anything but if it has then mods please close.
I was searching buy.com earlier and came across that they are selling the official microsoft 360 wireless adapter for $79.99 and with free shipping. If you combo this with google checkout then it drops it to a doable $69.99 with free shipping. Great deal for thoes wanting a wireless solution for a bit cheaper.

bill123

sweet price, although i think for those in california (where buy.com charges tax), checking your local gamestop for a preplayed wifi adapter is cheaper since it is $69.99 and with the edge card its like not paying tax

isn't there a cheaper adapter.. gosh micrsoft is the worst.. when it comes to add ons they take the cake..
add the wireless adapter and hd dvd and it cost 700 more than the 60gb hard drive and still its inferior... but the games beat playstation and multiplay

[quote name='dm877']get the logitech playlink adapter instead

works like a charm

plus its only 18 dollars[/quote]

my friend has one of these, and downloads are really slow for him. they have very low bandwidth since they use logitech's own infrared.

[quote name='adidas']isn't there a cheaper adapter.. gosh micrsoft is the worst.. when it comes to add ons they take the cake..
[/quote]

I dont know about you but I am pretty happy with my microsoft add-ons. The wireless adaptor was easy to setup (bought it on ebay, new for $60 with free shipping). Also, the charger kit for the wireless controller is pretty good for only $20.

[quote name='stainremover']my friend has one of these, and downloads are really slow for him. they have very low bandwidth since they use logitech's own infrared.[/QUOTE]

I have the logitech rf ones and yeah, they are a little slow, but I only paid $16 shipped, so im ok with it. Its really not THAT much slower than when I was hard wired in. Better than paying for the official adapter, imo.

I have the playlink too, and playing GoW or other live games is fine. Downstream maxes out at about 750kbps on my 3mbps dsl line though. So yeah, it will be slower for large downloads. I even used it for my computer for internet surfing and thought it was fine. The only other downside I would see compared to the MS one is that it requires running a power block to an outlet at each end and network cables.

bread's done
Back