Xbox 360 Wifi N Adapter Amazon 69.99

Hmm... Its a little tempting to buy this, and trade in my Wireless G adapter. Current TIV for the Wireless G adapter is $21.50. But then again, I don't really have any issues with my G adapter.

The way it is priced at amazon makes it look like this is some new regular price and not a discount. Hopefully they are going to do something like how they fire-sold the 250GB hard drives with these soon. Then I won't have to buy a slim after all, unless the horrible fan/disc noise eventually gets to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bazz']bump back in stock these are a pain in the ass to get.[/QUOTE]

are they? i see boatloads of these at my local bestbuys, except they are still at the msrp $99.99

[quote name='frpilot']are they? i see boatloads of these at my local bestbuys, except they are still at the msrp $99.99[/QUOTE]

I think the old ones got discontinued or somthing was wrong anyways this is the newest version and yeah doesn't have awful 99 price tag.

Or you could always get a pair of powerline adapters from ebay for around $40+ and if you got multiple things in your room that could benefit from ethernet connection get a switch/router for it. There is absolutely no reason to pay a absurd amount for a wireless adapter.

[quote name='lhfan04']Or you could always get a pair of powerline adapters from ebay for around $40+ and if you got multiple things in your room that could benefit from ethernet connection get a switch/router for it. There is absolutely no reason to pay a absurd amount for a wireless adapter.[/QUOTE]
Those don't work in Brooklyn, NY they suck I tried it worst garbage i ever used.

[quote name='Bazz']Those don't work in Brooklyn, NY they suck I tried it worst garbage i ever used.[/QUOTE]

Must have something to do with the construction of the buildings? I am not trying to discount your opinion but if you do a quick search on amazon for powerline adapters you see that most of them have at least 4.5+ stars on there (including the same exact model I could get on ebay for around $40). I just bring this up as a alternative for people though and experiences may vary.

[quote name='lhfan04']Must have something to do with the construction of the buildings? I am not trying to discount your opinion but if you do a quick search on amazon for powerline adapters you see that most of them have at least 4.5+ stars on there (including the same exact model I could get on ebay for around $40). I just bring this up as a alternative for people though and experiences may vary.[/QUOTE]

Powerline adapters performance is largely dependent on the amount of electrical noise caused by the surrounding area i.e. your neighbors connecting their electrical devices into it such as dryers, washers, fridges and so on.

A potential option is to get a wireless bridge. I got mine for about $20 after I flashed linux based custom firmware on it. This isn't exactly for everyone though, as it does require some knowledge or time to research.

There are wireless bridges you can buy from the store, but I'm thinking they are going to cost around $50 anyhow....

Has anyone gone from a G to a N adapter and if so is it much of a improvement? Good price on it anyhow.

[quote name='gamingdroid']

There are wireless bridges you can buy from the store, but I'm thinking they are going to cost around $50 anyhow....[/QUOTE]

Right, but even if they cost the same, one only lets you use your 360 online and the other lets any device, or multiple devices. Fact is, Microsoft makes a fat profit on these incredibly overpriced adapters. The next xbox will be wireless standard so these will be useless at that time. But a wireless bridge you can still use for something else.

I almost fell for the DS dongle years ago, and though one of my xboxes isn't wireless, I just can't pay money for such a product when there are cheaper and better alternatives on the market.

[quote name='Vap']Has anyone gone from a G to a N adapter and if so is it much of a improvement? Good price on it anyhow.[/QUOTE]
That question is missing essential context; what are you doing with it? If you're streaming local media then you will see an improvement but if you're talking about streaming from the net/playing on Live/downloading/anything internet based then no you won't see any change.

[quote name='Crono51']DealExtreme has it for $49.33 + FS. The people that have reviewed it say its the official (or at least a very good replica). I've wondered myself if it really is the official one. The pictures provided on the website at least make it look legit, as it shows the packaging, and labeling on the back of the adapter.[/QUOTE]
Hard to say for certain but it looks like a very good replica. The genuine sticker is completely different than the one Microsoft uses and it is in a completely different location. In Microsoft's pictures the USB connector's board is black whereas the DX one is white. Also the oval sticker on the back of the DX one appears to just be a white or silver sticker instead of the hologram one Microsoft uses. All that said I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the actual wireless hardware inside is the exact same board as the official one; hell they could be made in the same Chinese factory.

If you want to spend less money for a more versatile product try the Asus rt-n12. It's a router, access point, and wireless repeater for around $40 on Amazon. I bought it a few months ago and the repeater setup is simple, works great, and you can hook up anything to it not just your 360.

[quote name='enterwhy']If you want to spend less money for a more versatile product try the Asus rt-n12. It's a router, access point, and wireless repeater for around $40 on Amazon. I bought it a few months ago and the repeater setup is simple, works great, and you can hook up anything to it not just your 360.[/QUOTE]

I am going to try that. I don't like to deal with marketplace vendors so I ordered from Amazon. Hopefully it gets back in stock soon.

This is still a ridiculous price. These things should be AT THE MOST $40, and that should have been when the Xbox 360 first came out.

bread's done
Back