Xbox 360 Wired Controller

creeeaature

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So my wired controller's left analog stick has gone to hell. I bought it used and when I first got it it was sketchy and it only got worse (anyone know how to fix/replace the covering of the analog sticks?).

Anyone have any good deals for a wired controller (don't want wireless, unless for some reason the deal ends up being exponentially better than for wired)?

Do those only cover the part of the stick that's visible? I think my problem is that it has worn away inside the controller. I'm not really sure. When I try and rotate the stick in a circular motion it grinds and sticks.

That's why when it comes to things like controllers, always buy new and first-party. (with the rare exception such as the Logitech PS2 wireless pad, it's marvelous) You may spend a bit more up-front, but you truly save in the long-run.

look for screws on the underbelly of the beast and try to open it up chances are some rubber stuff has worn down a bit.
look around, maybe you have a broken remote control you can gut and get some rubber button innards from or even just some duct tape layer up a bit and mess with it, i mean honestly if the controller is broke to start with what do you have to lose?
ps if you end up doing this let us know how it goes :)...even if its a compete and utter failure :)

I did attempt to unscrew it but it didn't like the idea of being pulled completely open. If I can find another controller I'll definately give it a good yank and see what I can do.

bread's done
Back