Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter $80.69 Shipped ($70.89 after GCO)

I got mine from ebay brand new for $64.99 shipped. I rather pay this than to have wires all over my house...

I have a wired network for security and speed, then a wireless access point for the laptops and DS. I'd rather plug a 360 in but running wires accross a hall to the nearest jack or paying nearly $100 for an adapter are both unenviable situations.

i use wired at home but sometimes if i take my 360 somewhere else its more convenient to have the fewest number of cables to plug in as possible.

How is the speed for wireless play? I know that wireless is now faster than DSL so it's not a bottleneck PC online play. Intranet is still faster wired...but I hardly do anything that requires speed in my house.

I have a buffalo router that I flashed with firmware to make it a wireless bridge. It's much cheaper ($25 - $30) and I can connect 4 devices to it. Just another option for those considering this deal. The 360 adapter is absurdly overpriced IMO.

Damn I bought mines yesterday for $8 more. I emailed Buy.com hopefully they will pricematch for me. I suppose I could always return it. Fatwalleters seem to really hate this company.

I have a buffalo router that I flashed with firmware to make it a wireless bridge. It's much cheaper ($25 - $30) and I can connect 4 devices to it. Just another option for those considering this deal. The 360 adapter is absurdly overpriced IMO.
hey, how do you flash the firmware and what model number is it? I need something to connect my ds.

What exactly do I need to have to use this?

All I have now is just a DSL modem, nothing else...no router. Do I need a router? Or just a modem?

I just have ethernet wires that makes it wireless. I connect the ethernet wire to the 360 and then the computer slot, with wireless internet,(you can use a laptop, way easier) And bridge the connections with the Local Area Network and Wireless Internet so that the wireless internet is recieved on the device and then sent through the pc and then to the xbox 360, and it works great for me.

Wait, so you're saying that you can connect your 360 to your laptop via ethernet wire and have your wireless network card in your laptop relay wireless internet to your 360?

Wow, if that is a sound set up it might save me eighty bucks. How fast is the connection? Is it slowed down a lot once it reaches the 360?

[quote name='megathunder']Wait, so you're saying that you can connect your 360 to your laptop via ethernet wire and have your wireless network card in your laptop relay wireless internet to your 360?

Wow, if that is a sound set up it might save me eighty bucks. How fast is the connection? Is it slowed down a lot once it reaches the 360?[/quote]

Well according to this article, http://bimmergeek.blogspot.com/2006/05/configuring-network-bridge-for-xbox.html
which explains how to set everything up in XP, seems to work just fine. This seems to be the route to go for people who already have a laptop w/wireless card.

I just found out about this today and it's great to know I won't need to buy a wireless bridge if I get a 360.

[quote name='blackbird3216']hey, how do you flash the firmware and what model number is it? I need something to connect my ds.[/QUOTE]

Here is a link to flashing a buffalo router with dd-wrt firmware. I have used this for both the G54S and G125 routers.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

Scroll down to the Buffalo routers section.

But if you just need a wireless router to connect your ds too, you don't need to flash the firmware, you only need to if you want to use the router as a wireless bridge.

This shit should be like, $30 at the most. There's no reason for it to cost this much. If you have a computer near your 360 then I suggest you use a network bridge in Windows, if not then I suggest you just forgo this adapter, you can get an entire wireless router for cheaper and bridge it with your current router. I've also been told some USB wireless devices will work with the 360, but I can't get a clear answer on whether or not this is true.

[quote name='boyboy1080']is there a way you can connect yur xbox 360 to your lap top and use the wireless internet there[/quote]Yes, First connect the xbox 360 and the laptop via ethernet wire. Then go to "My Network Connections" Click on Wireless Internet and hold CTRL down and click on the Local Area Network(holding ctrl can help you click more then one thing) Once both of them are high-lighted right click and click bridge connections, either it works without doing the tets or it will work once you do the test.

[quote name='Eleo']This shit should be like, $30 at the most. There's no reason for it to cost this much. If you have a computer near your 360 then I suggest you use a network bridge in Windows, if not then I suggest you just forgo this adapter, you can get an entire wireless router for cheaper and bridge it with your current router. I've also been told some USB wireless devices will work with the 360, but I can't get a clear answer on whether or not this is true.[/quote]
Mine doesn't, if it wants to recieve signal its needs the program :(

well the reason to buy this over the cheaper bridge/wireless client solutions is convenience. sure u can get a device to hook directly to the ethernet port of the 360 but before u do that u need to hook up the device to a computer and configure it using a web browser. if there were bridges that had an lcd screen where u could set up wireless connections sans computer, then that might be a good solution cept for the fact that it'd probably be just as, if not more, expensive

[quote name='SAGExSDX']well the reason to buy this over the cheaper bridge/wireless client solutions is convenience. sure u can get a device to hook directly to the ethernet port of the 360 but before u do that u need to hook up the device to a computer and configure it using a web browser. if there were bridges that had an lcd screen where u could set up wireless connections sans computer, then that might be a good solution cept for the fact that it'd probably be just as, if not more, expensive[/quote]

Not nescessarily, I got an 108 G D-Link ($47) ethernet bridge and it worked out of the box. It was cheaper and faster. I can host games like R6 with mine where my brother's OEM wireless can't (we both have BS DSL and the same router, and his is even closer to the routher thn mine is).

This thing should be about $30 or come with 6 months of xbox live gold or something.

DWL-G820_main.jpg

DWL G820

the official one is definitely worth it and very convenient. Its also usb powered so thats a huge plus for me.

The speeds are very close to wired speeds.

I paid $60 on Craigslist and it's been great. I was able to remove the 2 wirelessly bridged APs I have had setup for a few years. I haven't noticed a speed drop. Hopefully they'll fix the little bug with auto-sign in.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Not nescessarily, I got an 108 G D-Link ($47) ethernet bridge and it worked out of the box. It was cheaper and faster. I can host games like R6 with mine where my brother's OEM wireless can't (we both have BS DSL and the same router, and his is even closer to the routher thn mine is).

This thing should be about $30 or come with 6 months of xbox live gold or something.

DWL-G820_main.jpg

DWL G820[/quote]

hrm. i dont see how it could just "work" out of the box unless it was just connecting to ANY wireless connection it could find. and even more so it wouldn't make any sense that it would work out of the box if your wireless was secured.

im guessing this is ur product?
http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DWL-G820-Wireless-Adapter-802-11g/dp/B0002MH3HE

[quote name='SAGExSDX']well the reason to buy this over the cheaper bridge/wireless client solutions is convenience. sure u can get a device to hook directly to the ethernet port of the 360 but before u do that u need to hook up the device to a computer and configure it using a web browser. if there were bridges that had an lcd screen where u could set up wireless connections sans computer, then that might be a good solution cept for the fact that it'd probably be just as, if not more, expensive[/quote]

true but since im a cheap-ass id much rather spend 5 minutes (which is all it took) and save my $78 for something worthwhile.

In my case the time commitment would be about the same as have mine setup with a Static IP which would also still have to be configured on the wifi adapter. Other than connecting to a pc it is not that much hassle for hte ammount of money it saves. So it comes down to personal preference and how much wallet damage you willing to take.

On another unrelated note i can also connect it to a switch and then use one bridge for multiple connections.

Sorry for bringing this thread back up but I just recently found a netgear wireless router that I'm not using and was wondering how I would go about bridging it to my primary wireless router. I want to be able to connect my 360 to the internet but it's FAAAAR away from my primary router. So hopefully I can use the netgear as a wireless bridge.

Is this even possible?

[quote name='megathunder']Sorry for bringing this thread back up but I just recently found a netgear wireless router that I'm not using and was wondering how I would go about bridging it to my primary wireless router. I want to be able to connect my 360 to the internet but it's FAAAAR away from my primary router. So hopefully I can use the netgear as a wireless bridge.

Is this even possible?[/QUOTE]

You need to find out if you can flash the firmware to a thrid party firmware on you model of router or if the standard firmware allows for bridging (I doubt it). I don't hear of many Netgear's allowing this.

bread's done
Back