Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (Open Box) - $24.99 @ Stootsi

I got one of these during their last deal, it was in FANTASTIC condition. (didn't look used at all)

I think they somehow buy a lot of unpackaged controllers. Shipping was pretty fast too (got it in under a week)

$7 shipping? screw that. If I could buy 2 and get them shipped for $7 I'd do it. I'll GCO buy.com and get a new one for 40 bucks.

$24.99 shipped my ass. OP needs to change the subject line.

[quote name='moonphrogg']$24.99 shipped my ass. OP needs to change the subject line.[/quote]

calm down there buddy...dont get your panties in a bunch...when i went to check out it said ZERO for shipping for me....CHILL

I've had good and bad expieriences with Stootsi.

Some open box items have been obviously used, while some are brand new.

I'm not entirely sold on their customer service, either:

I bought a Bluetooth dongle from them when it was offered as the deal of the day, and when I got it, it didn't work. I e-mailed them about it, and they said 'send it back, with a slip of paper with the order number, address, and whether you want an exchange or refund'. So, I shipped it back, on my own dime.

Week later, I get an e-mail from PayPal saying I got a refund from Stootsi. Which is odd, since I clearly requested an exchange. What I found even more peculiar was the fact that in the Stootsi Store, where they sell the products that didn't sell out in a day, they HAD THEM IN STOCK. So, I e-mailed them again. 'We can't exchange that item'. Another e-mail, asking why not, since they obviously still have some (and it's not like the store is a seperate business or anything). So, as it turns out, they tell me it can't be exchanged, but I *can* buy one from the store AT A HIGHER PRICE, PLUS SHIPPING (AGAIN, now that I've already paid to have sent to me AND back to them). Now, they didn't explicitly tell me the capitalized part there, but that's how it all worked out.

Honestly, after that, I really didn't feel like dealing with them again, especially since the e-mails I received back had nice undertones of attitude, as well.

[quote name='moonphrogg']$7 shipping? screw that. If I could buy 2 and get them shipped for $7 I'd do it. I'll GCO buy.com and get a new one for 40 bucks.

$24.99 shipped my ass. OP needs to change the subject line.[/quote]

Actually, you could have ordered two shipped for only $7 shipping for the both of them and used your GCO on something else worthwhile. I did this last month when Stootsi had the controllers for sale. Well worth it. :applause:

[quote name='007']

Honestly, after that, I really didn't feel like dealing with them again, especially since the e-mails I received back had nice undertones of attitude, as well.[/quote]

I've had the same experience. Still waiting on my refund. I'll be damned if I try anything off their site again.

[quote name='spideymike']Actually, you could have ordered two shipped for only $7 shipping for the both of them and used your GCO on something else worthwhile. I did this last month when Stootsi had the controllers for sale. Well worth it. :applause:[/quote]

Actually, if you tried adding more than 1 controller to your cart, you were greeted with the message that you're only allowed 1 controller per transaction.

Sorry about flipping out back there. . .my inflated hopes were dashed on the rocks of overpriced unadvertised shipping.

I'm better now. :D

Customer service makes or breaks sites like these. For wOOt, it has been their saving grace, for Stootsi, their downfall. Stootsi cancelled one of my orders and sent me a used product when NEW was in the description. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Wow - I'm surprised about the limit of 1 controller per person. Last month it was a steal getting two controllers for $24.99 each plus $7 combined shipping. I guess Stootsi has changed their ways.

I just got the PS3 version of this "deal". It's a used sixaxis that sounds like someone is storing rice in it. complete rip off.

bread's done
Back