Xbox 360 wireless controller w/ receiver for PC at Amazon- $39.96 with Free Shipping

Unicorntard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This is the black wireless controller with black receiver.

Its Prime eligible!

Im very tempted to get this, but I think I'll stick to a wired controller.

The only reason that I am on the fence on this is that I've heard that the receivers are not that well made... and if you're only a PC gamer like me and the receiver goes bad, you're stuck with a wireless controller that you can't use .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002TIW7OI/ref=dp_olp_new_map?ie=UTF8&condition=new

61GtX9B5YCL._AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I thought this was a total crap deal but this is actually pretty awesome. The wireless receiver ALONE normally runs this price. Also, for anyone that doesn't know the wireless controller is compatible with a normal X360. So you're basically getting ~$80 worth of stuff.

Good deal for sure. I don't really need a gamepad right now, but I suppose it would be smart to have this as a backup, rather than pay full price when I might need one. I have seen a couple of 360 gamepads go bad in my time.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']The wireless receiver ALONE normally runs this price.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they sell the receiver by itself anymore. I have only seen come with a controller... and yes, if you do happen to come by a receiver by itself... they're not cheap!

The only reason that I am on the fence on this is that I've heard that the receivers are not that well made... and if you're only a PC gamer like me and the receiver goes bad, you're stuck with a wireless controller that you can't use.

[quote name='Unicorntard']I don't think they sell the receiver by itself anymore. I have only seen come with a controller... and yes, if you do happen to come by a receiver by itself... they're not cheap![/QUOTE]

FWIW, looks like a couple amazon merchants still have it listed for ~$35:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288447669&sr=1-3

Yeah, makes this a no brainer if you don't have a receiver yet and want to use this on your PC. You could also buy this set and sell the receiver cheap to cut down the price of this if you JUST want the controller. If you only get $20 for the receiver, that's a $20 controller.

[quote name='loomis1975']Very good deal if you need one. The only other way I know of now is to get the receiver bundled with this horrible wireless PC headset:
[/QUOTE]

Well, you can buy very cheap third party receivers from dealextreme. It's something I've been meaning to get around to doing. Already have a nice PC headset, and plenty of controllers.

bread's done
Back