Xbox 360 Wireless Headset with Bluetooth $39.99 with FS on EBay (buy.com)

If you're chatting online while playing with Kinect, get the old-fashioned Microsoft wireless headset rather than the newer Microsoft bluetooth wireless headset. The bluetooth one is fine for sitting down and gaming, but not for jumping around for Kinect gaming because it only has a standard hoop design that isn't rigorous enough to keep the headset on your ear when you jump around.

[quote name='dirtyvu']If you're chatting online while playing with Kinect, get the old-fashioned Microsoft wireless headset rather than the newer Microsoft bluetooth wireless headset. The bluetooth one is fine for sitting down and gaming, but not for jumping around for Kinect gaming because it only has a standard hoop design that isn't rigorous enough to keep the headset on your ear when you jump around.[/QUOTE]

I will never have this problem...

really stupid question but does this work with cell phones with bluetooth? (probably yes right?) want to get this for live and also for my phone...

[quote name='media_wonder']really stupid question but does this work with cell phones with bluetooth? (probably yes right?) want to get this for live and also for my phone...[/QUOTE]

It says on the ebay page that it works with other bluetooth devices as well.

Some scathing reviews on Amazon. Who knows? I'll probably just stick with separate devices for game comms and phone. If you're fussy about call quality you shouldn't be talking on a cell phone anyway - although I realize all the kidz are doing it.

Ummm... does it use the BT when working with the Xbox? I don't see how it could as the Xbox doesn't have BT. Does it have an adapter or something or use dual technology?

[quote name='GBAstar']Ummm... does it use the BT when working with the Xbox? I don't see how it could as the Xbox doesn't have BT. Does it have an adapter or something or use dual technology?[/QUOTE]

It is a dual mic, has Bluetooth and the Xbox wireless connection.

Can anybody with the new headset comment on battery life? I don't think I'd use this for BT much but if the battery life is better as well as the sound quality, it might be worth the upgrade.

I wonder if it would work with the PS3 too...

[quote name='graf1k']Can anybody with the new headset comment on battery life? I don't think I'd use this for BT much but if the battery life is better as well as the sound quality, it might be worth the upgrade.

I wonder if it would work with the PS3 too...[/QUOTE]

It comes with a charging stand. That's where I store mine, so I don't really know about how long it lasts. But it's never died on me, so it's gotta be pretty good.

There's a switch on the side. Green side is for the XBOX. When your phone rings, flip switch to blue and it automatically switches to bluetooth function and answers your phone. It's pretty spiffy, especially if you get cell phone calls while gaming.

[quote name='GBAstar']Ummm... does it use the BT when working with the Xbox? I don't see how it could as the Xbox doesn't have BT. Does it have an adapter or something or use dual technology?[/QUOTE]

it has 2 transmitters inside: 1 for Xbox and 1 for bluetooth. you toggle between them and it works on the fly. so if you're gaming and you get a phone call, hit the button and immediately start talking on the phone.

bread's done
Back