Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter A/B/G & N Networks

If your handy with routers or access points you can configure an access point or router to be an adapter for your 360.

They have guides and such online, but you would prob. spend a decent price still for a wireless N router with those options needed to set it up.

Best bet would be to get a Linksys WRGT45 for like 20 bucks and throw the tomato firmware on it and step-up will be a breeze. You will not have wireless N with that router though.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I use my netbook as a WAP. I just hooked up my xbox with ethernet to my netbook and bridged it. My netbook has a/b/g/Draft-N.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did for a while then just got tired of the whole setup. Was never able to find the original XBOX adapter , I bought the xbox360 wireless adapter for $60 used at a gamestop , works perfectly fine for me. That new double antenna adapter , just has the N network & it increases the range . . IMO if your looking to get on LIVE just buy it used.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Thats what I did for a while then just got tired of the whole setup. Was never able to find the original XBOX adapter , I bought the xbox360 wireless adapter for $60 used at a gamestop , works perfectly fine for me. That new double antenna adapter , just has the N network & it increases the range . . IMO if your looking to get on LIVE just buy it used.[/QUOTE]
i was considering buying a used one but i just checked my local ebgames today and they didnt have any used adapters.
i might just plunk 80US and get it through GFC or 100 CAD at my local BB if I desperately want it (which I do kinda =/).

I cut in a network drop downstairs by the TV and use wired upstairs, as well... Took me the better part of 4 hours to cut it in, but I love that it's wired.

I bought a refurbished Netgear WNR834B Wireless N router and put DDWRT firmware on it and turned it into a bridge. Have my TV, PS3, 360 and Xbox plugged into the 4 ports in the back. Works very nice.

bread's done
Back