Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter?

If I were you I would look into just buying a wireless access point. A wireless access point will pickup your wireless network and allow you to connect anything (including you Xbox) using an RJ45 cable.

I went a more technical route when I setup wireless for my Xbox. I bought a $20 router on eBay, modified the firmware, and turned it into a wireless acces point, and now I have wireless internet for my Xbox.

Here are some wireless access points.

Don't go too cheap though. And keep in mind you might have to change your wireless network settings and internet settings on your Xbox. But in the end it will be worth it because you might learn a little and you'll save a bunch of money like I did.

Is there a way to do the reverse of an access point? I want to connect to a campus wireless and provide it to my xbox. Setting up an access point like you describe assumes you have physical LAN access to the gateway, which I do not. Can a router do that, or does it only take in an internet/network signal through its WAN/LAN ports?

i already have a wireless network in my house...any way my old unused linksys can pick up the wireless and maybe plug it into my xbox?

I'm looking for a deal on the MS Wireless adapter also....Amazon is the cheapest new to my knowledge. I know there are other ways....but theMS one gets great reviews, plus I hate monkeying around with my router.

[quote name='pdawg502']i already have a wireless network in my house...any way my old unused linksys can pick up the wireless and maybe plug it into my xbox?[/QUOTE]

No thats not possible as that linksys router would need an installation disc i believe. and xbox doesnt have the capabilities to install that :roll:

simply put youd need a uPnP adapter if you want to plug it in the xbox. which is why the official wifi adapter is so expensive, as theres not much else you can do if you dont have a PC at home

Actually no install disc is needed to set up a router, settings can be changed from any internet browser by typing in the routers ip address which would be 192.168.*.*. That being said though you would have to hook it up to the computer temporarily to change settings. Not sure about your specific router but mine has an option to turn it into an AP, some routers may require different firmware then what is on it though.

* is a wildcard and could be any number typically 1.1 0.1 2.1 but could differ

you can always check ebay, i found some on there for around 50 bucks used. not sure how much of a deal ebay is though.

bread's done
Back