Xbox 360 wireless PC controller issues, help!

Blips

CAGiversary!
My 360 controller is fickle about when it will recognize my PC. The green light just continues to blink. I know that issues with these wireless controllers aren't new, but does anyone know a solution to these problems?

Are there unofficial drivers that work better than the ones provided by Microsoft? Is there a way to get a really long cord to connect my PC to the controller? Any other possible solutions?

I used to be able to just restart my computer and then the controller would connect. Now it won't at all.

I've never had any issues with mine, and I've had it connected with a computer running Vista, and even one running 7. Sounds like it's your computer, to be honest. What OS are you running?

I've had this issue but I'm not sure what the cause is. Turning off the controller and re-plugging in the adapter works. I have mine in a USB hub, so it isn't that much of a pain.

I had too many problems with mine, I switched back to a wired controller and problems were solved. Seems to be some bugs that the official patches haven't fixed, part of the problem for me was NHL 09 which has bugs only with the wireless controller, but I have noticed some detection problems intermittently too.

bread's done
Back