Xbox Arcade for $130 @ Target + $30 GC

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal would work out to be like Amazon's or Walmart's to be about $100 for an Xbox Arcade. However some Target stores are giving $50 GiftCards instead of $30. Apparently the Weekly Ad for Target listed the Xbox Arcade to include a wired headset, to compensate for the error Target has reduce the price an additional $20.

from Target.com:

Includes game console and 1 wireless controller.
The Xbox 360 Arcade game does not include a wired headset. To compensate for this error the price will be further reduced to $130.00. (Value of wired headset is $19.99)

FREE $30 TARGET GIFTCARD® with purchase of this XBOX 360 system! Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards.

edit: This deal is good again this week. No more $50 GC, only $30 GC now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Anthony1']The Target ad that came in my Sunday paper (today), says $149.99 plus $30 gift card. Yet you guys are talking about $129.99 ?[/QUOTE]

The web site explains the correction, and if you go in-store, the tag is $129.99.

[quote name='Donut2922']San Jose, CA - Target still have a couple of Spring bundles available as of now[/QUOTE]

Which one? (There are about 5.) The three I called didn't have the Spring Bundle. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the regular one and then exchanging it at a Target that may end up getting a Spring Bundle before the 90 day return policy expires.

[quote name='hordak']Which one? (There are about 5.) The three I called didn't have the Spring Bundle. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the regular one and then exchanging it at a Target that may end up getting a Spring Bundle before the 90 day return policy expires.[/QUOTE]

Try the one at Monterey/Curtner. I was actually about to buy 1 but changed my mind at the last minute. Didn't want to front $140 cash upfront. When I was there earlier today they had at least 2 I saw. Good luck.

For what its worth I just called 2, and both told me $130 with $30 giftcard is ready to go. At $130 for the first and $100 for each additional that's an awesome gift for my 5 groomsmen.

I called -- 130 - $30 GC

I don't know, though... It has very little mem and I will definitely want to buy an HDD so tempting but will skip.

Good deal for those who already have all the necessary accessories and those who wanna replace their old fucked up consoles. :D

Just got home with 3 of them plus a $30 gift card for $330. Target guys were super chill and didn't give me any shit. I only wish they were the spring bundles, but oh well, still a good deal.

Got a spring model today. This makes up for the Arcade bundle I pre ordered from Gamestop and they refused to honor. I paid 108.xx and they sent me the bundled games with out the 360 ... really. I complained and they paid for return shipping and gave me a $10 credit. I think I will also trade in the games from this bundle to them for the $16 or so.

Damn it. I've held off being a PS3 only gamer this far, but this is tempting. I don't know if I'm going to pull the trigger on this...I don't really need the system with the exception of wanting to play a number of exclusives. But already too much to play and not enough time....

[quote name='Guy Legend']Damn it. I've held off being a PS3 only gamer this far, but this is tempting. I don't know if I'm going to pull the trigger on this...I don't really need the system with the exception of wanting to play a number of exclusives. But already too much to play and not enough time....[/QUOTE]

That was me for more than 2 years .... I got a 360 last Christmas and I really think the xbox is more fun. I still have twice as many ps3 games than 360. No bluray, but the dashboard interface is cooler and Netflix access without having to change a disk is the best. Oh yeah and all the talk about the 360 controller being better is definitely true.

If BB does match it, they might call local Targets and only match if it is in stock(which seems to be not-so-likely). Don't miss out if your Target does have this - great deal.

[quote name='yruluis']Anyone think bb will price match this?[/QUOTE]

I think BB only price matches the official listed price. Since it's listed as $150 with $30 GC you're better off with Target.

[quote name='deckerro']For what its worth I just called 2, and both told me $130 with $30 giftcard is ready to go. At $130 for the first and $100 for each additional that's an awesome gift for my 5 groomsmen.[/QUOTE]

Have to say man, bad ASS groomsmen gifts you are dishing here! Much better than the usual flasks, wallets, etc that 99 % of them usually get. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='destro4eva']Have to say man, bad ASS groomsmen gifts you are dishing here! Much better than the usual flasks, wallets, etc that 99 % of them usually get. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I gave my groomsmen 320GB portable Seagate harddrives. How do those rate as gifts?

[quote name='hordak']I gave my groomsmen 320GB portable Seagate harddrives. How do those rate as gifts?[/QUOTE]

useless if they dont own computers :D

[quote name='hordak']I gave my groomsmen 320GB portable Seagate harddrives. How do those rate as gifts?[/QUOTE]

Pretty great too, it's something they'll use (if they have computers) and everyone usually needs more space right? Solid solid gifts really, just not as up there with the 360. :bouncy:

Damn, where were these gifts when I was a friggin' groomsmen. WTF.

I bit at this deal, as I had the 10% Target Rewards Discount to use this month. It brought the net cost down to $95.xx after tax. I did manage to get a spring bundle, and it was the last one at its location (at least in the display area).

My groomsmen gifts received have been:
a) A small wooden replica of the church where the ceremony was performed (WTF, right?)
b) A dress shirt
c) A beer mug and rosary.

So, yeah, an xbox as a gift sounds pretty awesome! Big thumbs up for that idea. Hopefully you can find enough in stock!

[quote name='themidnighter23']useless if they dont own computers :D[/QUOTE]

Dangit! I knew there was something I wasn't thinking about... just couldn't put my finger on it. ;)

Went to get a system as a back up to my $100 jasper I bought when walmart had the great sale last year (thanks cag) but they didn't have any more spring bundles only plain arcades so I passed. I know the 2 games aren't the best but it was enough to sway me. lol

Out of stock at the NE location in Cedar Rapids. They only had Pro models.

EDIT: Just called the other store in CR, and they put aside the last one for me. :) This will be my 2nd 360, and I'm going to either keep my old one, or give it away to a friend.

[quote name='jazzman']Anyone have any luck locating any in the OC?[/QUOTE]
I tried the only two locations that showed the Arcade bundle in stock on the web site, and both were out of stock in the actual store.

This was Costa Mesa and Santa Ana.

I think this deal is pretty much becoming deader and deader as the Arcade bundle is phased out.

Well I went back in Boardman, OH target and they had the spring bundle so I picked up a spare. Not bad when I used A gift card I won from the arcade game stacker at the mall. :D

[quote name='DJP519']My groomsmen gifts received have been:
a) A small wooden replica of the church where the ceremony was performed (WTF, right?)
b) A dress shirt
c) A beer mug and rosary.

So, yeah, an xbox as a gift sounds pretty awesome! Big thumbs up for that idea. Hopefully you can find enough in stock![/QUOTE]
Dude, not to be rude, but you need new friends and/or family. Those are the worst gifts I have ever heard of for a wedding party. ;)

I checked the Targets online inventory for the Tampa area and no one has any spring bundles. I did not check regular arcades.

I've been a PS3 guy for 2 years. I picked up a Spring bundle today at the Livermore CA store. They had one left. Then I headed across town and picked up Left 4 Dead game of the year addition, one of a few exclusives I've wanted. Gotta say xbox is slick. I might have a launch 60gb with a 500gb HD PS3 for sale.

Deal looks to be back on at least at my local Targets, it's advertised on a pricing card in front of the Xbox 360 Arcades. Good thing I got mine when it was a free $50 gc and I had a $15 off coupon for electronics purchases. But still a good deal.

I picked up a Xbox 360 arcade a couple of days ago thanks to the sale. Will be a nice compliment for exclusives next to my PS3 which will remain my main hub.

How is everyone liking the Banjo/Viva Pinata pack that came with it? Wonder if those games are worth playing....

I personally can't stand to play Viva Pinata, but I have put a little bit of time into Banjo. That is because I don't have any other games yet...haha

I picked one up today... But unfortunately they only had the plain Arcades, not the Spring Bundles, so even though I got a good deal, I was actually looking forward to playing those two games (no matter how much people say they suck). Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get one of the other ones instead? I looked online, and the DPCI # is the same for both (Arcade and Spring Arcade). And the main number on my receipt is the same as well, but the serial# of the Xbox itself is on the receipt. If somebody knows a workaround, maybe this could help some other CAGs that got stuck with the standard Arcade. I know I got a great deal, but I want those games!

[quote name='dothatthing']I picked one up today... But unfortunately they only had the plain Arcades, not the Spring Bundles, so even though I got a good deal, I was actually looking forward to playing those two games (no matter how much people say they suck). Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get one of the other ones instead? I looked online, and the DPCI # is the same for both (Arcade and Spring Arcade). And the main number on my receipt is the same as well, but the serial# of the Xbox itself is on the receipt. If somebody knows a workaround, maybe this could help some other CAGs that got stuck with the standard Arcade. I know I got a great deal, but I want those games![/QUOTE]
does it come with the nxe update pre installed?

Not sure what that is, I'm new to the 360. I haven't opened it yet in hope that I find one of the spring bundles tomorrow, the last advertised day of the sale. The MFR date is 2009-09-12.

[quote name='dothatthing']I picked one up today... But unfortunately they only had the plain Arcades, not the Spring Bundles, so even though I got a good deal, I was actually looking forward to playing those two games (no matter how much people say they suck). Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get one of the other ones instead? I looked online, and the DPCI # is the same for both (Arcade and Spring Arcade). And the main number on my receipt is the same as well, but the serial# of the Xbox itself is on the receipt. If somebody knows a workaround, maybe this could help some other CAGs that got stuck with the standard Arcade. I know I got a great deal, but I want those games![/QUOTE]

You could probably get either of the games for like $10 on ebay. N&B is definitely worth it too, but Viva Pinata bored me after 20 minutes.

I was staring one of these in the face today and considered buying it as a backup system and possibly never taking it out of the box until my other system died. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

bread's done
Back