Xbox Banning Discussion

Well its kinda funny. A week ago were all huddled around cag trying to find the next free game. Now people are huddled around cag reading about the bannings and praying there not next.

Well, on the plus side, my main account wasn't banned.... yet.  The email I received was to my other address that is similar to the one tied to my main account.  I'm guessing that's the one my fiance used.

I deleted everything that was suspect and popped the HDD into my other Xbox and logged in just fine.  The thing that sucks about that 360 getting banned was it still had a full warranty on it until next August.  :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Console banned. Account banned.

Don't really care about the console, but the account ban does sting because I have a lot of undownloaded digital content that is gone forever.

I have 167 games downloaded on my hard drive, booted up 2 of them and they both played fine. Luckily they're mostly all the ones I haven't played yet, so that is good. I'm a little bit scared to go over the list of my digital casualties though.

Only had about $13 on my account so not too big of a loss there. Had about a year of Gold left from the Bing 1-month codes that redeemed for a full year. So luckily I didn't have any money sunk in there.

Now is the decision to keep using my 360 as an offline console and play through my 360 backlog, or just clear everything out and stick with Sony for the future.
I've been low on HDD space for awhile now and was routinely switching drives as needed.

It was to a point where I was purchasing content at sale prices just to get the "Device Full" notice so it would go into my Download History. I eventually was going to get a bigger storage -- or flash drive.

Now that I think of it, those games are some of the worst things to get banned because of.

I don't think a single one of them got good reviews.

I've been low on HDD space for awhile now and was routinely switching drives as needed.

It was to a point where I was purchasing content at sale prices just to get the "Device Full" notice so it would go into my Download History. I eventually was going to get a bigger storage -- or flash drive.
Ouch. Usually when I downloaded a new game I'd force myself to delete an old or crappy one. Man I'm happy I did that!

I was CONSOLE BANNED a few days ago.

I'm not going on their Xbox Forums to ask them why. I'll get another console sooner or later.

Edit: Main Account also suspended. 12/31/9999
how you know if your account gets suspended? did it get suspended as soon as your console got banned?

Right, I forgot about Rayman and Injustice.

I thought Capsized: 360 edition was buggy as hell, though?
I didn't think it was that buggy when I played it (I paid for it before it went free). Apparently it didn't control as well as the PC version, but having never played the PC version, I ran into zero issues.

WOW, x360a mods just nuked the posts having to do with this. WOW. As I'm sure these posts will be nuked as well. Probably the reason we haven't heard much about this. Most of the posts as well as threads are just deleted as to not "clutter" up those threads.

DENIAL WILL NOT PROTECT YOU! BEING INFORMED WILL, at least, HELP.

Probably best just to start a new thread. Any ideas for name?

Microsoft should of ban consoles for like 3 months to give a warning but permanently? c'mon?

Eh, I got banned too, then again I've had an xk3y inside my Xbox and modding for the past year or so. I'll just think about getting a used 360 and k3y it up.

going on all the different forums and reading up this basically sums it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGYKePx9CGM

if you replace "internet" with "xbox"

I did this under my brother's Xbox 360...now I feel terrible because his account/system may be banned. I used a "Acadia" or so region account to get Rayman and not Oman. (He played the game on his main account for 5 mins)

I may owe him a system. So if his console is banned, his account and HDD can still be used on a new system, correct?

So I've checked my main, bosnia, and oman accounts on xbox.com... None of them have been banned yet. I did migrate the two foreign ones... I doubt that has any effect though... I feel like they're just going down the line. Good thing my GT starts with a 'V' I guess... I'm just gonna keep my xbox offline and keep checking my accounts on xbox.com 'til this whole thing blows over.

Just thought I should add, I got every single "free" game too.

Micro$oft swingin' the ban hammer again? I've been pissin and moanin cuz my internet had gotten shut off, and I just got it back on today. And I was crying about all the free shit I had missed. No ban yet here (knocking on wood). But I don't share accounts or migrate accounts or do the license transfer thing. but if I do get banned it won't be for anything that's been available for at least a month. But I just installed a system update so it's prob only a matter of time. How long after anyone installed the update did they get banned? Sorry to all that have been and crossing my fingers for the rest of us.

So I've checked my main, bosnia, and oman accounts on xbox.com... None of them have been banned yet. I did migrate the two foreign ones... I doubt that has any effect though... I feel like they're just going down the line. Good thing my GT starts with a 'V' I guess... I'm just gonna keep my xbox offline and keep checking my accounts on xbox.com 'til this whole thing blows over.

Just thought I should add, I got every single "free" game too.
Not to jump to conclusions, but I don't think they're going alphabetically. I just looked again and I apparently had two accounts banned (??), both at the exact same time. Looking into them, the GTs are far apart alphabetically too, so here's hoping that once they've struck, they don't come back around to finish it off.

Why keep offline if it hits it does not matter right or do they brick it?
I don't think there's a way for them to ban your console if it's not online. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Well that sucks, sp00ge... The randomness has me even more nervous now.

Is it taking everyone a long time for their Xbox to load up? I get the little loading swirly thingy. It eventually loads, but it puts me on edge everytime. LOL

I was CONSOLE BANNED a few days ago.

I'm not going on their Xbox Forums to ask them why. I'll get another console sooner or later.

Edit: Main Account also suspended. 12/31/9999
did main/console get banned at the same time or was there some lag

my console is axed but my main is ok for now...not sure if it'll stay that way...

And if the guys that weren't been banned yet (let's hope they will not be) delete all the games and accounts from the console and then close the e-mails associated to the accounts? That doesn't work for prevent being banned?

They can ban you online or offline. The first time I was banned I was offline I got home turned my console on and bam seen I was banned. Its just luck of the draw really.
I figured but heard they corrupt stuff when banned? So 5k+ in content lost if i buy new console..

So anyone who has been console banned and gt banned were they all done at the sametime?  I just checked the email and the account that got banned was at 10:43PM today so Im hoping thats all they do.  

Ive already had my older account banned and if I get banned again Im not paying for another Xbox or dealing with Xbox Live until Xbox One launches

did main/console get banned at the same time or was there some lag

my console is axed but my main is ok for now...not sure if it'll stay that way...
I was online last Friday late afternoon. I played an hour or so of Black Ops II as it was Double XP Weekend.

I turned it off after I 3rd Prestige'd and left it at Lvl 1. I was away for a few hours. Had dinner, watched TV -- it was a new Shark Tank! :razz:

I remember just after 20/20 had started I switched on my console to signed in to an alt. account but I don't recall what it was exactly.

I got hit with the CONSOLE BANNED notice on my screen. Several minutes later I check the e-mail attached to my Main Microsoft Account and saw the message from Xbox LIVE Enforcement time stamped 2 hour earlier.

Now just tonight I go and sign-in to the MS account I used for Rayman Legends and see that it also received the Account suspension about 5 hours after my Main Account notice.

So anyone who has been console banned and gt banned were they all done at the sametime? I just checked the email and the account that got banned was at 10:43PM today so Im hoping thats all they do.

Ive already had my older account banned and if I get banned again Im not paying for another Xbox or dealing with Xbox Live until Xbox One launches
Wow you're one dedicated Xbox fan.

Guess it might be time to trade in the Console at GameStop haha.
i was thinking....if you have tons and tons of digital games and they still work...you might be able to flip it on craigslist for more than GS will give you (even with the caviat of telling people the console is banned from online....i have like 100+ games on mine so i feel like i could get more money this way, assuming they all still work..)

i mean if those games work...even if i get a new console, they can't revoke those licenses right? since it can never go online, it's probably unaffected by future license transfers? or am i wrong here?

And if you hit the "Initial Setup" bottom on your dashboard?

This will change the console id? As it reset your console completely..

I'm out  :cry:

I can't even log into Xbox.com anymore. I haven't checked the console (no point now I guess). Guess I'll be getting rid of a lot of MP games. 

I'm out :cry:

I can't even log into Xbox.com anymore. I haven't checked the console (no point now I guess). Guess I'll be getting rid of a lot of MP games.
The same is happening with my main and bosnia accounts when I try to sign in... For some reason though, the oman account connects...

I keep getting the "Uh oh, that shouldn't have happened" message.

EDIT: Just checked my main's email, nothing new in there...

bread's done
Back