Xbox Banning Discussion

people need to figure out when they downloaded the games and out of that who got banned and who didn't.

even though the original thread about the free games is gone so that makes it a bit more difficult.
i dl'd all those morocco games on the 11th and i got my console ban last night. i also got rayman on the 17th.

What if you delete your cache and marketplace data from the console? It can do nothing when you go online?

At least the temporary files doesn't exist anymore.

Also MS is able to unban consoles.

*don't quote plz

Oh thanks for letting me know what threads I can and cannot post in. I'll be sure to follow your rules.
If you really feel like a better person for shoving this in their faces or what? I just don't understand the need to laugh at their expense when it doesn't affect you.

I got 99 problems but a banned Xbox aint one if you having account problems I feel bad for you son.

JUST KIDDING, IF YOU WANT TO BASH ME GO AHEAD

I didn't even hear about the free Raymans Legends until I seen this thread. Sucks that they banned you but there is no way humanly possible that they will unban you. My cousin has had 2 Xbox consoles banned after buying used from Gamestop(one was banned 2 weeks after purchase and the other 3 months) and he tried everything to get them unbanned. The crazy thing is was previous owners who did the supposed illegal things and they still said can't help you. He was able to return them until he finally got a good one.

Haven't been banned but never finished downloading injustice or assassins creed 3. Played angry birds trilogy though on my main. Sucks people are getting banned for downloading those mediocre arcade games

I'm glad I didn't make any accounts recently to get those free games. While I have done it twice in the past to get two free games. I have never been banned for it. I did however get that Ben 10 XBLA game for free when it wasn't suppose to be free. I just checked now and I can still log in. Now that MS is banning for this stuff I won't even consider doing it again in the future.

Man I really regret getting those games. I forgot how loud the older xboxs really are. I can understand why Microsoft is banning people but I still think a stern email would have sufficed to get everyone to never do it again. Oh well what done is done.

You all essentially "broke" in the the stores of those particular MS regions. I mean you don't live there right?

You know they originally wanted an always on always digital console and although the one isn't going to shape up to be that they are still going to be really strict about the "region" aspect of that (or has that changed too)?

Either way this isn't the PS3, which Sony has never tried to region lock, and has made it very easy to create accounts across other regions. You didn't just boot your 360 up and find yourself in some far away land MS store. You put yourself there on your own accord.

Well some of the accountability falls with MS they absolutely do NOT need to own up to any of it; It's their house.
So in the case of glitched free games, like Fable 2 and Ben 10, that's okay since it was in the US?

If someone isn't punished for something that means they didn't do anything wrong? Conversly, if someone recieves punishment, then they are automatically guilty?

If you can't honestly see the difference between the two situations them I'm sorry; it's pointless engaging you and you can continue to feel sorry for yourself.

Think manipulation

If you can't honestly see the difference between the two situations them I'm sorry; it's pointless engaging you and you can continue to feel sorry for yourself.

Think manipulation
If you are not interested in having a discussion on the topic, that is your perogative, just say so. But don't put words into my mouth, that is just a poor argumentative tactic that should be beneath you.

Most of the games were purchased on my other 360, that I still have, fortunately, but I transferred the licenses over to the new (banned) one over a month ago. Something is not kosher with this, as MS is the one stealing legitimately purchased games and "money" from me.

EDIT: I'll take the ban and whatnot. My fiance fucked up and it's my console, so whatever. But being denied access to what I actually paid for? fuck that.
So just because you pay for a service means you can break the ToS and STILL get to use your service?

Yeah THAT makes sense.

You guys realize that this region game stealing is a legitimate thing to be banned for right? 

Imagine you are selling a product say in Colorado for $15.00 that is regulated (such as cigarettes) and say they are for some ridiculous reason $15 a pack. 

Would you like it if someone came from say....Indiana after purchasing cigarettes that go for only $5 a pack and sold them at a higher price in the state you are trying to make money in? 

Pretty much the same thing here. If it is in your region and something that in your region you HAVE to pay for then what makes you think Microsoft or any other sensible company to just allow people in their region to just go to another countries marketplace and get same product for free to use in the region it wasn't intended to be free in?

Make all the excuses you want, but maybe you should either have common sense or be read up on your Terms of Service and get a little more familiar how good businesses work. Or you can just be a child and whine because you think that sense you pay for a product means that you can just exploit it however you want and not have any consequences for doing so.

the people who are trying to chastize people from their high horse are worse than the people who got these games LOL.

hope youre getting paid for your backseat modding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid to turn on my 360 right now.. got a message on XBL that states:

On 9/25/2013 at 3:41 PM
LIVE wrote:

You can read this message on your Xbox 360.
Message will expire in 28 days

Is this going to ban my console as soon as I connect it to the internet? What messages were people receiving on the xbox.com website?

Besides that the topic title is off topic and mentions nothing at all about a contest or a free item. Discussion in the original topic itself is one thing but to create an entirely new topic that is in itself off-topic is another. Especially when you and everyone else knows that there is a much better place for a topic such as this to go.

Not only that but I'm pretty sure everyone here has the ability to send a PM which could've been sent to those affected by this and directed to a link to said topic. 

the people who are trying to chastize people from their high horse are worse than the people who got these games LOL.

So you call it chastizing when those people knew that it was wrong to do the very thing that they did?

You all realize that nothing in life is ever really free and free things come with a price. It seems the price paid here is that people got banned.

I'm afraid to turn on my 360 right now.. got a message on XBL that states:

On 9/25/2013 at 3:41 PM
LIVE wrote:

You can read this message on your Xbox 360.
Message will expire in 28 days

Is this going to ban my console as soon as I connect it to the internet? What messages were people receiving on the xbox.com website?
i got a message like that a few days ago do you have a family plan? it was stating that theyre still gonna split the accounts by a certain date.

Besides that the topic title is off topic and mentions nothing at all about a contest or a free item. Discussion in the original topic itself is one thing but to create an entirely new topic that is in itself off-topic is another. Especially when you and everyone else knows that there is a much better place for a topic such as this to go.

Not only that but I'm pretty sure everyone here has the ability to send a PM which could've been sent to those affected by this and directed to a link to said topic.
the mod moved these posts here because they didnt want it in that thread,get your facts straight before being a dickhead.

last response to you :umad:

I just don't even see the reason for a discussion about what any sensible person with some common sense should already know. Then again these "Why did I get banned" topics always tend to amuse me and this one isn't any different. 

You can't honestly say that downloading a game from another region for free wouldn't be considered stealing when there are so many policies and laws about importing other items? Did anyone honestly not think the same thing here didn't apply? 

Especially when you are committing fraud by claiming to be in another region just to get a game? You guys should all be glad that MS only banned your console because they could've done much worse. 

But hey what do I know.....I'm just a dickhead right?

Real mature post.
Real mature of you to come into a thread of people down on their luck(do to actions they did and many of them are owning up to) and kicking them while they're down so you can sit on a higher ground and act like you've never done anything you wish you could take back.

i got a message like that a few days ago do you have a family plan? it was stating that theyre still gonna split the accounts by a certain date.
I don't have a family plan, no. Hmm.. does anyone know what the actual notification states for bans? Will it say on the website?

I know I'm paranoid, but this message seems like it wants me to get on my xbox only for it to get banned.

I don't have a family plan, no. Hmm.. does anyone know what the actual notification states for bans? Will it say on the website?

I know I'm paranoid, but this message seems like it wants me to get on my xbox only for it to get banned.
If your account gets banned the email title will say "Xbox LIVE- Notification of Enforcement Action"

Real mature of you to come into a thread of people down on their luck(do to actions they did and many of them are owning up to) and kicking them while they're down so you can sit on a higher ground and act like you've never done anything you wish you could take back.
Oh believe me I'm no saint either, but should there really be a big topic discussing about it and people wondering why they were banned. It's common sense really.

Sorry but I'm not gonna give any sympathy to anyone for doing something they know they shouldn't of. Hell I was banned once for my dumbass using a modded console online when I knew I shouldn't of. I was surprised I wasn't caught any sooner, but you didn't see me go on a message board to bitch about how I was so unfairly banned or surprised and what have you.

Oh believe me I'm no saint either, but should there really be a big topic discussing about it and people wondering why they were banned. It's common sense really.

Sorry but I'm not gonna give any sympathy to anyone for doing something they know they shouldn't of. Hell I was banned once for my dumbass using a modded console online when I knew I shouldn't of. I was surprised I wasn't caught any sooner, but you didn't see me go on a message board to bitch about how I was so unfairly banned or surprised and what have you.
Fair enough but still most of the people know what they did was wrong(myself included), they saw an opportunity that has presented itself many times in the past and many acted on it without hesitation because nothing has happened in the past. Is a topic needed? Maybe not but it does give some of the people a place to vent and calm down.

I don't understand why they would be banning for errors they caused (or let slip up). Anyone wanna explain?

And their analogies are getting more labored and retarded by the minute...

So if you found the blueprints to a store and you were able to bypass the showroom and go directly to the stock room and none of the merchandise was stickered with price tags you could just take whatever you wanted?
Imagine you are selling a product say in Colorado for $15.00 that is regulated (such as cigarettes) and say they are for some ridiculous reason $15 a pack.

Would you like it if someone came from say....Indiana after purchasing cigarettes that go for only $5 a pack and sold them at a higher price in the state you are trying to make money in?
This classic was on Neogaf...

" I never killed a person in 24 years, I killed one yesterday, I'm not a criminal because I believe those 24 years have proven otherwise, so no way I'm going to jail "

im still wondering why someone who would be supposedly looking for deals would continue to come back to this thread and give their input
obamahmmw.png

If your having trouble controlling yourself in a thread that doesn't even pertain to you, maybe you just shouldn't post in it. Seems like a simple enough solution and the rest of us would surely appreciate you taking your holier than thou act elsewhere. No one here wants your "sympathy" or even your input on the matter.

Please, be gone.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge

Downloaded Injustice on the Costa Rican account
Downloaded a few of the mediocre arcade games on the Morrocan account

No bans yet, sucks to worry about a console ban. Been on Xbox live for 9 years with probably 100+ legit arcade games and a good library of retail games.

A warning would have been nice. "the content in question has been removed, if this happens again your account and console will be banned" I guess the simple press of a button works better for them.

bread's done
Back