Xbox Banning Discussion

So what is the word on those who only downloaded content they paid for from other country accounts.  I downloaded 4 games from my Hungarian account back in June and July. If I get banned it will suck but I do not play online much so I won't cry too much.

So if your console and tag gets banned how does playing your digital content work? IE: You can play all your games as long as they were downloaded to that console? What happens when the system dies/RROD?

So if your console and tag gets banned how does playing your digital content work? IE: You can play all your games as long as they were downloaded to that console? What happens when the system dies/RROD?
YES (just not online) and SOL for main GT ban. Console ban only allows for license transfer of digital content.

I think this is a bad move for MS.  When they banned people playing backups those people know they were wrong and just buy a new system.  With this ban many people were paying customers who might not come back. 

YES (just not online) and SOL for main GT ban. Console ban only allows for license transfer of digital content.
I honestly don't understand a console ban. Basically, you could download everything again (with accounts that aren't banned obviously) and sell the old system with everything still on it? For people who have lots of games, MS seems to be doing them a favor. Lol

Unless It's a console only ban?...

So if your main GT is banned IE the only one on the console, you can't play any of the games?
You can't transfer content either?

lol I'm confused.
Yep, the account is useless. Therefore, for people with lots of digital content/achievements, it'd be better to get a console ban instead.

Yep, the account is useless. Therefore, for people with lots of digital content/achievements, it'd be better to get a console ban instead.
Thanks. Interesting poll shows most people are only getting account banned and their alts banned. Good for them, wonder why MS is banning mains and the console for some and only the console for others?

I'll try to explain a little better.

Console ban = No more XBL, games and content downloaded to HDD still works

Main Account (Gamertag) ban = Loss of all Gamer points/achievements, loss of any paid for content not on HDD, forfeit of any cash in M$ account, forfeit of any XBL gold left on account

Both = probably time to consider another choice in game system

Go figure I have been preaching marketplace morality for over a year now, and this was in the works for a long time over at MS HQ

So far no-one today, but it's the weekend and they are probably off until Monday. I saw over at Neogaf somebody posting that their "friend" who works at Capcom spoke to somebody on the ban team and bans are being given to people who shared accounts. This is obviously not true since my cousin got banned and he never did any of that. Tyler had also said he was innocent of any sharing so a lot of false information continues to trickle out.

I think a temp ban may have been the best solution not a perma ban. If I were to get banned for 2 weeks or say a month with a warning that next time its a perma, Im not gonna be risking shit.

But perma banning accounts/systems off the bat when a user has no past infractions is totally out of line. Like you lose everything. Thats bullshit. If that were to happen to me, I'd reconsider getting a future MS product. (Personally I would never, ever buy anything MS/Xbox related since its competition doesn't do this crap)

Im gonna wait and see next week and ask my bro if his 360 system/main account work. If I have to pay him back, ill tell him to use the money to get a PS3/PS4 instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good for business to ban people who take advantage. Shows they're cheap which is bad for profits.
Best Buy, Amazon, and anyone else who's had a glitch should ban everyone who took advantage of it.

Those times EA and Sony had glitches, they just wrote it off. Only MS would overreact like this.

Best Buy, Amazon, and anyone else who's had a glitch should ban everyone who took advantage of it.

Those times EA and Sony had glitches, they just wrote it off. Only MS would overreact like this.
This wasn't a glitch though.

People knew what they were doing was something not allowed. They were just being cheap.

My console was banned sometime today (it was fine last night I played until about 3am).

So just because it is saturday, they have not stopped banning. I also had a profile banned for exploiting the one month of free Xbox Live promotion just a few hours ago.

So far no-one today, but it's the weekend and they are probably off until Monday. I saw over at Neogaf somebody posting that their "friend" who works at Capcom spoke to somebody on the ban team and bans are being given to people who shared accounts. This is obviously not true since my cousin got banned and he never did any of that. Tyler had also said he was innocent of any sharing so a lot of false information continues to trickle out.
Yeah I never shared anything ever. Only thing I ever did was download those foreign games.

People knew what they were doing was something not allowed. They were just being cheap.
Lol. You're so delusional. It's no different than the many B2G2 that you had to purposely follow a certain way to allow for the glitch. Or how about the coupons that had to be rung up in JUST the right order for it to work. How is that any different?

Maybe those don't count since you took part in something like those scenarios. Wouldn't be able to still cast the first stone if that were the case, right?

Lol. You're so delusional. It's no different than the many B2G2 that you had to purposely follow a certain way to allow for the glitch. Or how about the coupons that had to be rung up in JUST the right order for it to work. How is that any different?

Maybe those don't count since you took part in something like those scenarios. Wouldn't be able to still cast the first stone if that were the case, right?
I wouldn't take part in those since that's stealing.

Also it is different.

all im saying is you get what you deserve believe it or not its called theft your lucky you don't have to pay for all the content you stole instead of a ban

all im saying is you get what you deserve believe it or not its called theft your lucky you don't have to pay for all the content you stole instead of a ban
Pretty much.

I bet if the security system in best buy went down and no one was around that would mean everything is free to these people.

Either it was a glitch (error) or it wasn't. You just said it wasn't a glitch. If it wasn't a glitch, that means that it was listed as free on purpose. If that was the case, then it is extreme for them to blame people for buying content at the price which Microsoft itself set (free).

No people here, not even you, are denying that Microsoft has the ultimate power in this situation. They set marketplace prices, they set marketplace access, they programmed the market place, they selected how people can or cannot access the market place, you connect to their market place through their systems. Using no outside tools, only those provided directly from microsoft, people found a way that when they reached the checkout page, microsoft listed the cost for the items in question as free. Microsoft programmed the system, and using only the system at hand (no outside code or tools) people found a way to get to the checkout page, where price is 100% controlled by microsoft, and end up with a free product.

Now, you are not comfortable with doing that. That is fine, you have the priviledge to choose your actions and what you are comfortable with. However, you choose to attack, belittle, and harrass those who have. You look down on those who have done wrong, yet you take pleasure in making others feel bad and harrassing them. What sort of commentary is this on you as a person?

Either it was a glitch (error) or it wasn't. You just said it wasn't a glitch. If it wasn't a glitch, that means that it was listed as free on purpose. If that was the case, then it is extreme for them to blame people for buying content at the price which Microsoft itself set (free).

No people here, not even you, are denying that Microsoft has the ultimate power in this situation. They set marketplace prices, they set marketplace access, they programmed the market place, they selected how people can or cannot access the market place, you connect to their market place through their systems. Using no outside tools, only those provided directly from microsoft, people found a way that when they reached the checkout page, microsoft listed the cost for the items in question as free. Microsoft programmed the system, and using only the system at hand (no outside code or tools) people found a way to get to the checkout page, where price is 100% controlled by microsoft, and end up with a free product.

Now, you are not comfortable with doing that. That is fine, you have the priviledge to choose your actions and what you are comfortable with. However, you choose to attack, belittle, and harrass those who have. You look down on those who have done wrong, yet you take pleasure in making other feel bad and harrassing them. What sort of commentary is this on you as a person?
Couldn't have said it better!

I agree. i couldn't be more wrong than him no matter how hard I tried.
Ah, I see you are not interested in having an adult exchange of ideas or civilized discourse. Then I will just go ahead and report you to the forum moderators for violating the TOS of this forum.

Ah, I see you are not interested in having an adult exchange of ideas or civilized discourse. Then I will just go ahead and report you to the forum moderators for violating the TOS of this forum.
Good thing I'm not.

Just like how I didn't by not stealing Rayman.

Console ban = No more XBL, games and content downloaded to HDD still works

Main Account (Gamertag) ban = Loss of all Gamer points/achievements, loss of any paid for content not on HDD, forfeit of any cash in M$ account, forfeit of any XBL gold left on account

Both = probably time to consider another choice in game system
Thanks.

Good thing I'm not.

I know, I already said that I know your not interested in civilized discourse, but thank you for agreeing with me.

Also I didn't steal Rayman either. Nor have I ever downloaded it or played it. But thank you for the random unsolicited fact about yourself.

I know, I already said that I know your not interested in civilized discourse, but thank you for agreeing with me.

Also I didn't steal Rayman either. Nor have I ever downloaded it or played it. But thank you for the random unsolicited fact about yourself.
So you're saying it was stealing?

Glad we agree.

Good thing I'm not.

No one stole anything. MS' ToS have nothing to do with real world laws. If we go by your mentality, if they ban your account and you have money/credit in there, they are stealing your money from you since you can never use it again plus your remaining XBL membership is gone too so they would need to refund the difference.

On a serious note, you cant steal what was listed as free. Wish I had to time to find a post from GAF but a mod made a great post in that you are just "breaching the contract" from MS. You arent breaking any laws of any type.

So you're saying it was stealing?

Glad we agree.
If you are referring to people downloading it from xbox live, then no, I never said that nor do I agree with it. I said "I didn't steal Rayman", I could also say I have never stolen a car. All that means is that I personally have not done a specific action. My statement never suggested that when people did download it, that such an action was "stealing". I am sorry you made a mistake in your understanding of my meaning. Also, if you are going to keep using the word "stealing", then you shouldn't have a problem actually providing the defition you are using or believe it holds. Would you please do so?

No one stole anything. MS' ToS have nothing to do with real world laws. If we go by your mentality, if they ban your account and you have money/credit in there, they are stealing your money from you since you can never use it again plus your remaining XBL membership is gone too so they would need to refund the difference.

On a serious note, you cant steal what was listed as free. Wish I had to time to find a post from GAF but a mod made a great post in that you are just "breaching the contract" from MS. You arent breaking any laws of any type.
Just because it was listed as free doesn't mean it's free for you.

so say your on vacation, you rent a hotel and are enjoying it but it doesn't have one of those free continental breakfast deals. but the hotel next door does, you walk in and make yourself at home. next thing you know your being thrown out and the hotel you stayed in is also owned by the same company, they also toss you out. no refund and possibly police involved.

Explanations shouldn't be needed. own a business and get stolen from and see how you feel about it, case fuckin closed.

so say your on vacation, you rent a hotel and are enjoying it but it doesn't have one of those free continental breakfast deals. but the hotel next door does, you walk in and make yourself at home. next thing you know your being thrown out and the hotel you stayed in is also owned by the same company, they also toss you out. no refund and possibly police involved.

Explanations shouldn't be needed. own a business and get stolen from and see how you feel about it, case fuckin closed.
And the asinine analogies continue!

bread's done
Back