Xbox Banning Discussion

Legitimately? False.

So if anyone on here lives in Oman, let me know. I will be the first one to come to your defense. I'll even chip in some lawyer money. Oh, but that's right. If you legitimately lived in Oman and signed up for an XBL account, you would have gotten an error that said XBL was not available in your country...
Whoa whoa whoa, I just asked a very straight forward hypothetical question which said nothing about Oman or any other country. Reread my question. Consider Fable III, Fable II, and Ben 10 from America. This question is hypothetical in nature, but equally applicable to Americans.

Would you care to reread my question and answer what I asked not the meaning you injected into it?

Whoa whoa whoa, I just asked a very straight forward hypothetical question which said nothing about Oman or any other country. Reread my question. Consider Fable III, Fable II, and Ben 10 from America. This question is hypothetical in nature, but equally applicable to Americans.

Would you care to reread my question and answer what I asked not the meaning you injected into it?
False.

I downloaded all 3. I'm not banned. I'm not aware of anyone being banned from the games you mentioned.

False.

I downloaded all 3. I'm not banned. I'm not aware of anyone being banned from the games you mentioned.
Nor am I. Again, I did not say that anyone was and I am not calling those games illegitimate. I was just using them as examples as to how my hypothetical could be applied to American accounts.

So we agree, if you have a legitimate account and download free content in the region of that account, then MS has no right to ban you. Good.

Then the next question (which your first response jumped ahead a bit on) is: "what does legitimate mean"? I have a US account, but what makes it a "legitimate" US account? I would suggest the simple definition that "a legitimate account is one where you have not lied in the account creation or credentials." Meaning, at the time of signing up, your information is correct (no lies) and the information is also accurate in the account information section (accessible on xbox.com). Now that is just my suggested definition. Would you be comfortable with that, or would you prefer to supply your own definition for legitimate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts arguing over the morality of the bannings, or bringing up past bannings that have nothing to do with this incident, or personal attacks will be deleted.

Also, you can add people to your ignore list.

Has anyone who has been console banned, but not account banned, tried using their save games on either the banned console or a new console?  A few posts mentioned save games being corrupted in the past and I am wondering if anyone has experienced that in this round of bans?

Right now, it's only open to people who reserved Battlefield 4, bought Medal of Honor Warfighter, or if you're a Battlefield 3 Premium subscriber. It will be open for the rest of us on Oct 4. I'm pretty hyped.
I can't even find the Beta on the marketplace/dashboard.
And before you ask, yes I have BF3 premium on my HDD

Has anyone who has been console banned, but not account banned, tried using their save games on either the banned console or a new console? A few posts mentioned save games being corrupted in the past and I am wondering if anyone has experienced that in this round of bans?
I am awaiting this answer as well. It's still hard to believe that Microsoft ever did this to people, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence they still are doing this.

Has anyone established how many of the people who were banned for "marketplace theft" used either the "free xbl gold" link that was floating around on here or used the bing codes that were for 1 month but gave 1 year?

I'd also like someone to see if you can still access your digital games if you're console banned
You can. I was able to play a couple of the downloaded games after I got console banned. Although some of my DLC was corrupted, which was no biggie as they were install disks, such as the Fallout 3 DLC and Oblivion's Shivering Isles DLC. So it's possible that DLC could be corrupted.

Concerning the corruption of files transferred between USB and HDD and vice versa: If you "MOVE" not "COPY" to the the new device you have a 99% chance of them NOT being corrupted. SOME DLC can corrupt whether "MOVED" or "COPIED". Those files must be redownloaded via XBL to the new device. Also, there are programs that will allow you to rehash and resign the files, to help keep "COPIED" files from corrupting. (Just look over the horizon) Mainly used so you can make legitimate backups for yourself. So when you get shitcanned by M$ you still have all you DLC available. Although using any third party software on the Xbox is a bannable offense. Don't get me wrong I don't condone piracy. I buy all of my content legitimately, unless downloaded for "free" from XBL. (Which according to M$ is now a bannable offense) I do, however, own 3 Xbox's and I do share content between the 3. Two are in the same house sharing the same IP, the other is with my son in an entirely different state. I share most of the DLC with my son and we do play online together (sharing the DLC) on many of the "BIG" titles (COD, HALO, etc...). I specifically remember asking M$ support if this was OK and the guy said I get two license's one for the console and one for the GT so no problem. (Although their new stance is reprehensible) I have not had an issue with this for the last 3 years we have done this. The only thing I can think that has kept us from being banned is that myself, my son and my daughter are on the same "FAMILY" plan. IDK, I could just be grasping at straws here or maybe our "ban" is still in the works or maybe, just maybe, M$ is really doing the kill 1 scare 100 tactic as I have stated in many posts. (some deleted, some not) Unfortunately, after listening to the most recent podcasts concerning this, looks like we may just be waiting our turn for the ban hammer. Once again, WHO KNOWS! M$ you suck for just leaving people hanging out there in limbo.

Well I created an Oman account and it was subsequently banned but neither my console or main account were banned yet. I guess MS was sending message that yes, they can detect these things. I remember reading various people saying MS can't do anything about it when the glitch was happening, but we know that's not true. I wouldn't be surprised if both MS and Sony have even deeper hooks into our activities with the next consoles, so I'm pretty much going to stay away from glitches.

So I don't know if my console will be banned but I guess the only thing to do now is to leave offerings every night next to the Xbox and hope the MS monster is appeased.

No more bans today.

I am pretty much going to stay away from digital and go for disc only on PS4 and Wii U. And of course I am going to stay away from MS like a plague.

No more bans today.

I am pretty much going to stay away from digital and go for disc only on PS4 and Wii U. And of course I am going to stay away from MS like a plague.
This is the way to go. I never pay for digital content, it's just so easy to lose access. I prefer to pay for something that isn't a downed service, or a ban away from vanishing.

Well I created an Oman account and it was subsequently banned but neither my console or main account were banned yet. I remember reading various people saying MS can't do anything about it when the glitch was happening, but we know that's not true.
Did you only have that one foreign account? Most of the people that got console banned early were ones that were making 3+ foreign accounts...and once they ban a few gamertags on your console, they ban the console.

Also, like I said before, MS never did anything before because this is the first time everyone had to do it through the console. People obviously weren't getting banned when you could create a foreign account online, "buy" the free game, and migrate to US before the profile ever touched your console. It's alot easier to notice now.

Has anyone who has been console banned, but not account banned, tried using their save games on either the banned console or a new console? A few posts mentioned save games being corrupted in the past and I am wondering if anyone has experienced that in this round of bans?
I just put in a USB and moved all my files over. The only game that I own that didnt allow me to move my save was dark souls. So 200 hours of characters gone.

Also, like I said before, MS never did anything before because this is the first time everyone had to do it through the console. People obviously weren't getting banned when you could create a foreign account online, "buy" the free game, and migrate to US before the profile ever touched your console. It's alot easier to notice now.
wow, how do you know that ? amazing :hot:

Did you only have that one foreign account? Most of the people that got console banned early were ones that were making 3+ foreign accounts...and once they ban a few gamertags on your console, they ban the console.

I also had a Costa Rica account for Injustice. That probably got banned too but I never checked since it was using a newly created e-mail address that I don't use and I deleted all the foreign accounts from my Xbox as soon as I found the Oman account banned. Overall I got Injustice, Arcana, Rayman, Ikaruga, and a few other things. But I'm staying away from console exploits from now on.

Timmah's post has some good info. To add to it, you can use the same programs to put title updates on to a usb stick so you can play your games again without having to delete your saves from newer versions or DLC. You just need to find them but they are easy to search for. It worked for me to get the Pac Man DX+ update. Of course that's against the live terms of service, but if your account has been banned, or you don't plan to get another 360 then you have nothing to lose trying it. Also not condoning piracy, but if your paid for games are unplayable, trying to get them working again isn't unreasonable imo.

I just put in a USB and moved all my files over. The only game that I own that didnt allow me to move my save was dark souls. So 200 hours of characters gone.
did u do move or copy? TBH i'd like to copy my content and keep a backup of it on my old, but someone here said that copying the content can ruin it....can anyone else chime in on that?

If they ban your console they surely ban your oman account right? My console was banned I never logged on on my oman account until now and its not banned. D=

It seems like things have quieted down for now. Then again, I guess a ban wave in the future can't be ruled out. I think most of us have given up on trying to guess Microsoft's actions, because their only rule seems to be to do what they want, when they want.

I still haven't connected by Xbox to Live to find out if it's banned or not. I've read enough to still make me worry about it screwing with saves and what not (still can't believe they'd ever do that, but clearly they have in the past) to make me keep it offline. I'm not really missing anything, Xbox Live is a vastly overrated service (ironically paying them is necessary to do things like maintain [in other words ban] the account and keep up with achievements, they're literally being paid to ban people) that does more to prevent people from playing online then enable it. It's not like they keep all the game servers online or anything, but they just make you pay to use the ones that are kept around...

It seems like things have quieted down for now. Then again, I guess a ban wave in the future can't be ruled out. I think most of us have given up on trying to guess Microsoft's actions, because their only rule seems to be to do what they want, when they want.

I still haven't connected by Xbox to Live to find out if it's banned or not. I've read enough to still make me worry about it screwing with saves and what not (still can't believe they'd ever do that, but clearly they have in the past) to make me keep it offline. I'm not really missing anything, Xbox Live is a vastly overrated service (ironically paying them is necessary to do things like maintain [in other words ban] the account and keep up with achievements, they're literally being paid to ban people) that does more to prevent people from playing online then enable it. It's not like they keep all the game servers online or anything, but they just make you pay to use the ones that are kept around...
Come on, man. Just connect. You know you want to. :D

Might as well connect, they already have you logged so if they're going to do it, they're gonna do it if you log on or not.

Yesterday and today I have been connected, redownloading my content, and transferring over my content from my old HDD.  Took a long time to get everything to the new console, calibrate the kinect, reset the preferences.  I didn't reload most of my video or music apps as I found I never used them on the 360.  It was interesting seeing how much space was taken up with installed games.  So far, everything seems "back to normal" but I am still holding my breath.

Yesterday and today I have been connected, redownloading my content, and transferring over my content from my old HDD. Took a long time to get everything to the new console, calibrate the kinect, reset the preferences. I didn't reload Amazon video or Netflix as I found I never used them on the 360. It was interesting seeing how much space was taken up with installed games. So far, everything seems "back to normal" but I am still holding my breath.
Let's hope they don't come back around and ban the same people. I doubt that MS enforces double jeopardy. Lol

shit, is there any way to move saves of 'xbox original' games on 360s to flash drives? it only says delete....sega soccer slam is kinda useless without my save, i unlocked everything in that game....

Let's hope they don't come back around and ban the same people. I doubt that MS enforces double jeopardy. Lol
I figured that if I didn't, my console licenses for my profile would still be tied to my old banned system. So if they were to look for things to ban they would see an active profile with licenses tied to a banned system. So I transferred my licenses, which required going online and downloading my content.

damn, that sucks! i unlocked everything in sega soccer slam. oh well, at least i didn't get too far in my other XBO games due to not being able to party chat and such while playing them. i wonder, is it possible to just download a save off gamefaqs, put it on a usb and use it on 360? i don't really need my personal data, just the unlocks for the game.

very good soccer game by the way!

bread's done
Back