Xbox.com GTA4 Sweepstakes extended to Canada

bs000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Games/g/grandtheftautoiv/gtasweepstakes/default.htm

A few weeks ago I, as I'm sure some of you were, upset that the big GTA4 sweepstakes with liek a gajillion prizes was only open to the United States despite changing the US part in the URL to CA and combing the xbox.ca website. But I just got an email from Xbox Canada and it's now open to US and Canada. Hooray!

• One Grand Prize: One winner will score a four-day/three-night trip for two to New York City to attend the Xbox LIVE Gold Party
  • Ten First Prizes: Custom Xbox 360 Elite console
  • Five hundred Prizes:500 Microsoft Points
  • One Thousand Prizes:1000 Microsoft Points
  • Two hundred Prizes:1600 Microsoft Points
  • Five hundred Prizes:One-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription
  • Two Hundred Prizes:Three-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription
  • One Hundred Prizes:One-year Xbox LIVE Gold subscription

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Looks like it's mainly for 360 owners.[/quote]

it is from xbox.com lol dont think they will be pushing PS3/Wii prizes plus you can always try winning a console or if you dont give prizes away to friends

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just noticed that 6 days ago I got an email about might have won a prize and filled in the skill testing question. The Grand Prize and consoles were given out (info was on the xbox Canadian forums) but the minor prizes are still up for grabs. So check your junk/spam folders. I could sure use a gold account...

No e-mail or prizes for me. :cry: Thank you for letting us know though. :D

[quote name='homiebear']You didn't mention what you have to do to enter the sweepstake.[/quote]

Well first you have to travel back in time to a point before the sweepstakes ended. Then you just follow the instructions on the link in the first post. ;)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The Grand Prize and consoles were given out (info was on the xbox Canadian forums) [/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for the forum thread where the winners were announced? Thanks in advance!

I got that same email asking to answer the skill testing question. Haven't heard back since about what I won. Just need to be patient I suppose.

[quote name='Amankhan']Do you have a link for the forum thread where the winners were announced? Thanks in advance![/quote]

They didn't announce the winners one of the people working on the contest just said they had already contacted the winners of the Grand prize and consoles. Here's the thread link

Sorry to bump an ancient thread. Haven't posted in quite some time. But I received a letter that prompted me to post.
I got a letter from Marden-Kane stating that I won an elite from this contest. My current 3-fix-me is on it's last leg(#5), so I called the # at the bottom of the letter. The kind lady said I had indeed won the 1st prize, an elite. I told her not to mess with my emotions since I have an almost dead 360 and also the next day was my birthday. I wanted to make sure none of my freinds were playing the ULTIMATE prank on me. She said I downloaded the gamerpic that registerred me. Recited my gamertag and email address from giving her my last name. So, I'm assuming it's real.
But,
My question is,
How is it possible to win a contest from April in December ?!

It's not just an elite it's one of 10 custom ones with the GTA4 paint jobs. Congrats. The company Marden-Kane is the right name that was handling the contest.

Lucky you. My 360s DVD drive is starting to die so I could use a new one too. :cry: Congrats though. Microsoft do seem to be pretty slow at awarding any big prizes in their contests. If anyone remembers this Gears of War XBL tourney last year I placed high enough to win a trip to Toronto and compete in the 2007Canadian finals. Problem was they didn't contact me until the nationals were long over. Then they mailed me a letter like a week before the World Finals started and said they were taking me straight to finals to compete since they missed the nationals. Then a few days later I found out it was too late to include me. Then they let me go to Seattle anyway and gave me a new 360 as compensation and said I'd get to compete in 2008. But World Finals were 2 months ago and no one ever contacted me or my teammates. GG MS. ^___^

[quote name='y2jedi']Sorry to bump an ancient thread. Haven't posted in My question is,
How is it possible to win a contest from April in December ?![/quote]

Sure, if other winners couldn't be contacted, or there was a delay in the draw, etc, etc.

As long as they don't start asking for "processing fees" or any of that crap, treat it as legit. You'll either be up one Xbox, or exactly where you were before.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's not just an elite it's one of 10 custom ones with the GTA4 paint jobs. Congrats. The company Marden-Kane is the right name that was handling the contest.[/quote]

Cool,
Thanks for the input, sorry to hi-jack the Canada thread, but it was the only one with this contest the CAG thread search pulled up. Plus, I have family in Ontario, so I don't feel so bad.

I swear I thought my buddies had pulled the ultimate trick on me at first. Let's just hope Johnny #5 lasts for a few more weeks.:pray: 2 years ago my 360 was in McAllen,TX for the holidays.

album.php
Greetings Great White northern CAGs,
People really win by watching the threads here. I guess I'm not smart enough to post a pic in the actual thread, but here's a link to the album I created this morning.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4974

It's so nice to play a game and not worry about the console shuting down. Thank the maker that Johnny #5 made it through the holidaze !

Nice win. It looks nice and sleek. I would have expected some artwork or something on the Xbox not just the logo though. However I must say just having the logo on it makes it so that it isnt over the top extreme which is always nice.

bread's done
Back