XBOX Console Deals

diggityjones

CAGiversary!
Need a little help here. I'm looking to FINALLY breakdown and buy and XBOX. I'm a loyal PS2 owner, but I must have Halo 2. Does anyone know of any package deals with Halo 2 or just cheap deals on a new XBOX.

2nd Gamestop has the XBOX used for $119. Is that dangerous? How do I know if its one of the Thompson drives?

Help!

There actually aren't many deals to be had on consoles... they're almost always the same price across the board anywhere.

The best you could hope for is that for an extra 20 dollars a store will throw in 2 old games that aren't moving, and maybe an offbrand controller.

You're actually better off just buying the console and then looking for some extra deals yourself.

2- I've still seen no compelling evidence that show any of the drives on the Xboxes are more or less prone to failure or corruption than any others.

unless it says nintendo on the product, always buy the warranty.

And I would wait until Black Friday to pick one up. Probably will find a deal with an extra game or two thrown in with the console

Yeah, if you can wait till Black Friday, you may get a better deal...but by how much and at what difficulty...who knows?

They do have the holiday bundle now, which gets you NCAA FB 2005 and Top Spin. 2 good games...although NCAA had some slowdown on HDTV's.

I wouldn't buy a used one....just because of the Thompson drive issue. There is a photo on the Internet about the different drives, it compares all 3 side by side. Each CD tray is different. Do a google search for it.

I have a xbox, it is not the thompson one, that i was going to trade into eb, as I had gotten the xbox halo le, that I have yet to open...been waiting untill I got around to finishing ninja gaiden...I open to trades or purchases..I also have 2 copies of halo

[quote name='diggityjones']Need a little help here. I'm looking to FINALLY breakdown and buy and XBOX. I'm a loyal PS2 owner, but I must have Halo 2. Does anyone know of any package deals with Halo 2 or just cheap deals on a new XBOX.

2nd Gamestop has the XBOX used for $119. Is that dangerous? How do I know if its one of the Thompson drives?

Help![/quote]

I did the GS deal and got a Samsung drive. You also get a free preowned game of up to $30 with a deal they are running.

You can buy one new from game crazy and get 12 free rentals if you have one of those near you

The holiday bundle was just "released" a few days ago, so I'd wait to see if a store will have a good deal on the Xboxes with the 2 games before you buy one.

I wouldn't buy used, though. I've heard alot of bad things, so it's probally better to just stay away from them.

[quote name='sj41']The holiday bundle was just "released" a few days ago, so I'd wait to see if a store will have a good deal on the Xboxes with the 2 games before you buy one.

I wouldn't buy used, though. I've heard alot of bad things, so it's probally better to just stay away from them.[/quote]

I saw a Holiday Bundle in TRU with Top Spin and a Football game for $150.00

[quote name='minx'][quote name='doubledown']NCAA had some slowdown on HDTV's.

.[/quote]

Why is this?[/quote]

Because EA sucks.

They know it was a problem, yet did nothing to try and fix it. It is something you have to live with. It's not terribly bad, but I sold the game soon after I got it. It was a decent game, but with NFL 2K5 in my hands, it was useless.

EA sucks.

Starting next week, TRU has:

XBOX Holiday Bundle(NCAA+TopSpin), Project Gotham 2, Need for Speed 2, and the racing wheel for $180(save $50)

Last year when I bought mine, they had the free steering wheel deal, and I sold it to get some cash back...if I were you, I'd do the same. Heck, sell all 4 games and the wheel, you miaght make $80 if you're lucky.

I have to believe that a good percentage of the used one's are systems that people started having problems with. Rather than just throw it out they brought it in and EB or Gamestop bought it.

[quote name='Indiana']I have to believe that a good percentage of the used one's are systems that people started having problems with. Rather than just throw it out they brought it in and EB or Gamestop bought it.[/quote]

With GS it comes with a warranty. So if its bad get it replaced mine was actually refurbished even though I just paid for used

bread's done
Back