XBox--Crazy Cheap

jshendel

CAGiversary!
My school has an online message board where you can sell and buy just about anything. I just bought a perfectly working Xbox with Halo, JSRF/Sega GT 2002 and a steering wheel for $70! At first, I thought, "It's probably stolen, that's why it's cheap" I mean, He could eBay it for $100 or so. Anyway, I get to his house, and he says he's moving out of the country soon, so he's selling everything he can't take with him. Everything seemed legit.

Now, I need some recommendations for X-Box exclusive titles that aren't sports or FPS.

Thanks

Ninja Gaiden is excellent (but damn hard)
Riddick (but it's a FPS)
Deathrow (not the greatest game, but worth a look if you can find it cheap IMO. It's kind of 'sports', but it's a made up sport - not football or basketball etc...)
Breakdown (But it's a FPS...) Really unique game and cheap
Fable
Galleon (again not A+ material, but I had a lot of fun with it)
JSRF - You should be able to pick up the combo of this with Sega GT for very cheap.
KOTOR

Some of the cream that I haven't played or isn't my cup of tea:
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Forza
Jade Empire
KOTOR II

Steel Battalion, insane game where you play as a "Vertical Tank" (Basically a mech). Comes with a 40 Button Controller, but will cost you 129.99 used and 149.99 new I believe.

Dead or Alive 3/Ultimate is a pretty decent fighter.

Crimson Skies, sick Fighter Pilot game.

If you've never played Conker's definitely give that a shot.

Seeing as how you already have the first Halo, these are the only other games I can recommend:

Ninja Gaiden(or NGB)
Otogi
Otogi 2
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Ultimate

Dead or Alive 3 (or Ultimate if you want XBL play)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Only 2 great non-FPS exclusives IMO (there are 2 great FPS exclusives, BTW, and they aren't Halo 1&2).

Ninja Gaiden Black
Dead or Alive 3 + Ultimate
Street Fighter Anniversary
Guilty Gear X2#Reload
Fatal Frame 1 + 2
Psychonauts
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

they're not all exclusive, but they are the best versions.....and those are all pretty much the best non-fps games on the system.

Fable is fun but short. You could probally pick it up for around 15 somewhere.

Also Phantom Dust is an awesome game. And even better if you play on live

Oh yeah forgot about Phantom Dust. I don't have Live, but had a blast playing through the single player mode of that. And to think I would have never given it a chance if JimmieMac hadn't let everyone know it's like Pokemon for adults.

I went to GS and ended up getting Shenmue 2, Fable, and Phantom Dust with my buy 2 get 1 free coupon. I was boarderline with Otogi, but it looked to be a similar game to Fable. Thanks for the advice. I will keep those games in mind.

Shenmue 2 and Fable are great games, congratualtions! I have never played Phantom Dust before though. What do you think of it?

Deathrow is very fun, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 is definitely worth picking up as well, though make sure that you have a PS2 controller and a converter if you're planning on playing it on Xbox.

[quote name='Rozz']Marvel vs Capcom 2 is definitely worth picking up as well, though make sure that you have a PS2 controller and a converter if you're planning on playing it on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox controller is fine.

KOTOR is great, and I hate Star Wars.

Otogi is way way different then Fable (and way better)

[quote name='jshendel']Is KOTOR really that good? I ask because I have no interest in Star Wars...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, its really THAT good. Plus, its outside the Star Wars you know that you can disassociate.

[quote name='CarmenJubei']xbox sucks, get a playstation to save your money[/QUOTE]
I have both, so you suck. I don't believe in fanboys

phantom dust is a great game.. i like a lot of FPS though.. although there are some good titles. halo and halo 2 utilize the xbox the best. I liked fuzion frenzy although everyone hated it. i liked to play the mini games. Buffy the vampire slayer (i see it as an action adventurer then a FPS) its 7.99 at EB BC..um Panzer Dragoon Orta.. its a on rails shooter i hear its pretty good and easy to pick up and play. Crazy Taxi 3. more crazy taxi goodness different city.. i never played the Toe Jam and Earl xbox game but i assume its good too.

[quote name='AkiraKenshin']so have you get the xbox or not? if i were you i will take it[/QUOTE]
Yes, I bought it. That's why I already bought some other games

KOTOR is really good. Its not in the same place or time as the movies, its 100% different. I have it for the PC, and I really like it. Try Project Gotham Racing(1 or 2). Its a really good racing game. Hunter the Reckoning, IMO, is a really good game. Its great for pick up and play with friends. You can just destroy countless guys, its great for blowing off some steam. Hmmm....Thats all I can think of now.

bread's done
Back