Xbox fat power cable?

SpikeSpiegel

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a replacement power cable for my original xbox. I just got it back and apparently the person I let borrow it lost the power cable. I want to get it B&M so I can get it tomorrow though, preferably $5 and under.

It should be a standard ps2 (fat) power cable which also fits many other electronic devices like boomboxes, etc... Check walmart or similar retailers for them, they're cheap. You need one with 2 rounded ends, if they don't fit just shave off the squared end.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']if they don't fit just shave off the squared end.[/quote]

You know there's a reason the square peg doesn't fit in the round hole...

[quote name='Pirate331']You know there's a reason the square peg doesn't fit in the round hole...[/quote] There's tons of plastic surrounding the actual connectors. As long as you don't cut the connectors when you take a knife to it it shouldn't compromise its' functioning. I did it and it's working. Seems like it's fine to me.

[quote name='Pirate331']You know there's a reason the square peg doesn't fit in the round hole...[/QUOTE]

I've done this for years, and never had a problem... I assume they did this for polarity reasons.

bread's done
Back