Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked great for me! Thank you for helping with the details as I still wasn't sure how it would work. I was afraid I was reading it wrong. For those still wondering or on the fence about how it works, I had 2 years of LIVE already and cashed in every Bing point possible to top off my Game Pass subscription. So for me, it worked out as:

24 LIVE months + 10 Game Pass + 1 Ultimate Trial Month.

I'm now good until June 2022. :whee:

Crazy good deal. Added some time before subbing and in retrospect, wish I had tacked on another year but it's all good. It will give me enough time to play all the games coming in 9 months or so, so I'm happy.

I never even thought about FB marketplace. How safe is it? Are there always those kinds of deals on Gold?
This was an individual selling through the marketplace.

The person I dealt with requested payment through Venmo. I had checked out his FB page before buying from him. Seemed trustworthy, so I took the risk.

Does this concern anybody. I'm OK converting for the promo but I don't think I'll want to keep it forever. Does this mean I would no longer be able to just go back to 12 month Gold memberships after converting to Game Pass Ultimate?

Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. 

Seems like you could let your Gamepass Ultimate lapse then just go back to Gold? 

Does this concern anybody. I'm OK converting for the promo but I don't think I'll want to keep it forever. Does this mean I would no longer be able to just go back to 12 month Gold memberships after converting to Game Pass Ultimate?

Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership.

Seems like you could let your Gamepass Ultimate lapse then just go back to Gold?
That would be most logical. You just won't be able to have separate Gold/Game Pass subs again until then.

Where do you see a $48 one on cdkeys? The one in their daily deal page goes up to $55 when in the cart for me. There's a Brazil one for $46 but it won't work on US accounts.
Same thing happened to me. I ended up just using the last of my XBL credit for 1 year of gold and picked up another 2 years from the Costco deal. Waiting for those codes to arrive before I add the ultimate pass.

This is great timing since just last night I bought Metro Exodus on my XboneX. I'm sure it would look great but I'd still much rather have it on PC so I just refunded the purchase and will play it with the pass.

Just remembered I still had the free month of game pass in my project scorpio box... the terms said it expired like june of 2018 but it still worked! Now have UGP through 06/09/2022. YAY.

Just wanted to mention Gamestop's website gave me 2 12-month codes immediately after purchase. If anyone has a ton of credit there, it's a good way to extend the gold membership. Now I have Ultimate until 6/2022.
can I convert gamestop credit reward points to xbl? Can I redeem a $50 coupon towards xbox live? The coupon says no downloadable content, is xbl considered downloadable content? Or does getting xbox live currency work?

how do I convert gamestop credit to xbl? Can I redeem a $50 coupon towards xbox live? Or do I have to get xbox live currency?
If you mean actual trade credit, like on a giftcard/power up rewards card, you should be able to just buy XBOX Live or XBOX gift cards. I bought a $99 eShop card from them last week with trade credit, so it should be fine for Xbox and other stores as well.

I don't know if redeeming power up rewards points for a coupon will work though, I think they're only for games.

If you mean actual trade credit, like on a giftcard/power up rewards card, you should be able to just buy XBOX Live or XBOX gift cards. I bought a $99 eShop card from them last week with trade credit, so it should be fine for Xbox and other stores as well.

I don't know if redeeming power up rewards points for a coupon will work though, I think they're only for games.
sorry I meant gamestop reward points

How many months of gold can you stack? I just tried adding 2yrs. My first year ends 6/14/2020. Do I have to wait till 6/14 to add the third year? I doubt this deal will last till then.

Right now I have one year of Gold on my account. If I sign up for the Ultimate Game Pass right now and then add my extra 2-year XBL code in a few hours (I'm waiting for it to arrive from Costco) will that also add 2 more years of Ultimate Pass? Would it be better to have all three years of Gold on my account before I get the $1 Ultimate Pass?

Right now I have one year of Gold on my account. If I sign up for the Ultimate Game Pass right now and then add my extra 2-year XBL code in a few hours (I'm waiting for it to arrive from Costco) will that also add 2 more years of Ultimate Pass? Would it be better to have all three years of Gold on my account before I get the $1 Ultimate Pass?
Have them on your account before you convert to Ultimate Pass.

My friend told me about this today so I decided to buy 2 years of live from cdkeys to max out the offer.

Pro tip: don’t forget about the extra month they give you for free when you redeem your codes if you turn on recurring billing. (You can always just turn it off after) I redeemed 3 codes and got a bonus for each one.

Apparently I also had 1.25 in credit in my Microsoft account so used that for the dollar upgrade. 3 years of ultimate pass now. Great deal.

DO NOT activate Ultimate until you have all the Gold on your account.

Here's what it said before i actually confirmed the order:
"Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months total. All conversions are final; conversion ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass

I had Gold through 1/1/2020

and GP through 6/10/2021

Now I have Ultimate through 2/2/2022.

I don't know how that math worked out but that's basically 25 extra months of Gold and 6 extra months of GP, so it sure seems like a deal.

thanks!  (not counting the 1 month I paid a dollar for.)

Any chance the disclaimer means that your Xbox gamer tag is locked into this combo for any future Xbox live renewals?

$47.50 a year. Not that great of a deal.
It's a great deal if you want to get in on this before the promo expires, considering that there's no guarantee that a better deal will come along. No point in waiting for a better price if it means missing out on a chance to add several years of Ultimate Pass for $1.

Just be careful with the 2-year Costco code, if you have more than 1 year of Gold subscription already you won't be able to redeem it.

Just be careful with the 2-year Costco code, if you have more than 1 year of Gold subscription already you won't be able to redeem it.
what happens if i have 15 months of Game Pass but 0 gold? If i add the 2 year costco code, will i get 24+12 months of ultimate? I dont care about the other 3 months. Just dont wanna not be able to upgrade.

what happens if i have 15 months of Game Pass but 0 gold? If i add the 2 year costco code, will i get 24+12 months of ultimate? I dont care about the other 3 months. Just dont wanna not be able to upgrade.
I was not in this position, but based on the feedback from others, it sounds like you would have too much time and not be able to upgrade. At the very least, your extra time would be lost by the 36 month max, but a couple of users seemed to say that they couldn't upgrade at all.

I was not in this position, but based on the feedback from others, it sounds like you would have too much time and not be able to upgrade. At the very least, your extra time would be lost by the 36 month max, but a couple of users seemed to say that they couldn't upgrade at all.
thanks. this is what i thought i read too so trying to avoid that. will play it safe and buy another 12 month card.

My understanding is you would get 36 of ultimate, but I didn’t try it myself so not sure. I maxed my live but reports from others say game pass and live get combined.

Better than cdkeys at the moment.

It's a great deal if you want to get in on this before the promo expires, considering that there's no guarantee that a better deal will come along. No point in waiting for a better price if it means missing out on a chance to add several years of Ultimate Pass for $1.

and where is it cheaper?
Well, it was $40 earlier today but those sold out. A guy found a $25 12 month sub to gold on FB marketplace. I just mean that $47.50 a year doesn't jump out to me as a deal I need to get in on ASAP. That's just me though. Apparently, I am a cheaper CAG than all you 3 :p

I just mean that $47.50 a year doesn't jump out to me as a deal I need to get in on ASAP. That's just me though. Apparently, I am a cheaper CAG than all you 3 :p Apparently, I am a cheaper CAG than all you 3 :p
it's nothing to do with it being a great deal. It's about the best price right now, not this morning, not a week from now. This promotion is not going to last a long time and waiting to save a few dollars when the deal could go dead at anytime is possibly missing out on 66% savings. The $47.50 isn't the deal, the 66% savings is the deal.

Welp, I don't even own an Xbox or have a XBL account but I went ahead and did this deal for the PC Game Pass. It was actually cheaper doing this than just subscribing to the PC Game Pass.

I had some 3 month codes left over and I got a free month for each one I redeemed with auto renewal turned on. So it's really a 4 month code. 

on cdkeys it is $16.59 so for 12 months it would be $49.77 cheaper than the $54.99 price they have for 12 months right now.

Redeemed my bing points for a year of gold, then bought an extra year of gold, then converted. Had a few months left of game pass so I'm good through 10/2021.

I have a feeling Microsoft will do away with gold altogether within the next year and just have game pass ultimate

I was in the same boat as you, but only two weeks over the 36 month threshold. I was able to upgrade but was capped at the 36 months. If you don’t mind losing the 3 months, you should be ok.

Redeemed my bing points for a year of gold, then bought an extra year of gold, then converted. Had a few months left of game pass so I'm good through 10/2021.

I have a feeling Microsoft will do away with gold altogether within the next year and just have game pass ultimate
How long did it take you to get enough points to be able to have enough for a year of gold? I started with this bing rewards stuff last week and only have 1000 points.

How long did it take you to get enough points to be able to have enough for a year of gold? I started with this bing rewards stuff last week and only have 1000 points.
Takes around 3 months. Provided that you're Rewards Level 2.

Ugh, should I convert. I have gold until 2021 but gamepass already until April 2022 and even still have a three month code to redeem.

bread's done
Back