Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
Renewed my Live and Game Pass with this deal so I could check out Void Bastards, which is great but the Xbox One interface (at least on the OG console) is soooo slow. 

The issue is I can’t get this to work and support is no help. I’m already in for $100 and they can’t combine them. So the $1 doesn’t matter to me. I just need the 28 months to combine.
Ah! Gotcha. You are hoping that the intro will work the same way. I’d be interested to know if it does but haven’t heard one way or the other!

Did anyone else order the 2-years of Gold from Costco last night and still not receive their code? I received the confirmation email saying that the codes are usually mailed within 2 hours, but that was about 15 hours ago.

Ah! Gotcha. You are hoping that the intro will work the same way. I’d be interested to know if it does but haven’t heard one way or the other!

Gonna try support again tonight. If that doesn’t work I will buy the $20 card.

If that still doesn’t work I will be in for $120 for one year of ultimate. And I don’t even play online. Will be pissed but that’s the way it goes.

You can use Xbox money to activate this deal? I only have a pre-paid card with zero balance attached to my account to get the free GwG 360 games.

Maybe a stupid question but does this still enable you to share your Live and Game Pass with someone else? I game share with my brother and I just want to make sure we keep being able to share it all.
I don't see why it wouldn't. I also gameshare so I'll try to confirm once I sign up for Ultimate and my friend gets around to trying it out. I'm pretty sure it will work though.

I seem to be in the minority, and maybe I'm missing something. However, paying $30/year through Bing rewards per year of gold = $2.5/month. If I sign up for this deal it sounds like I'm locked into Ultimate pricing of $15/month with no option to revert back to just gold. I haven't heard any details about an annual price for ultimate, but I certainly don't want to be locked into $15/month (plus future price increases) forever. Am I missing something or is everyone ok with opting into this new higher price structure?

I seem to be in the minority, and maybe I'm missing something. However, paying $30/year through Bing rewards per year of gold = $2.5/month. If I sign up for this deal it sounds like I'm locked into Ultimate pricing of $15/month with no option to revert back to just gold. I haven't heard any details about an annual price for ultimate, but I certainly don't want to be locked into $15/month (plus future price increases) forever. Am I missing something or is everyone ok with opting into this new higher price structure?
I thought about that, but worst case you should be able to let your membership expire then go back to being gold only. Most people here are going for 2+ years anyway, they may not even have a gold only option then.

I'll take the chance, I turned 45000 bing points for 2 X 12 months live and a $16 into maxed out Ultimate.

Worth it for a three years of free gamepass.

I'm pretty sure if you just let it expire you can probably go back to just the regular service. I'm locked in till May of 2022. Probably by then they will only have one service anyway. Seems like they want to be a netflix service.

I thought about that, but worst case you should be able to let your membership expire then go back to being gold only. Most people here are going for 2+ years anyway, they may not even have a gold only option then.
Yeah, I considered that standard gold won't be around once the next console hits. The fine print did state that all future code redemptions are subject to the ratio, so I'm at least assuming (perhaps erroneously) that going back to just gold is not an option. If anyone knows otherwise I'd love to know

Most people only care about online play so I dont think they'll drop gold. They'll lose a lot of support if the only option is to spend $180 yearly in a few years.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just jumped in and am covered through 6/10/22 with ultimate. Great deal and helps keep me comfortably in the Xbox family for years to come

Is there a way to preview when the ultimate subscription would end before going through with it? My gold ends 7/24 and game pass ends 9/6, but I don't know what it'll add up to.
I used an app on my phone to calculate they days until each subscription expired. For me it came out to 134 days (10/22/19) of GP and 909 days (12/5/21) of Gold . After the conversion it came out to 1074 days (5/19/22) of Ultimate (exactly 31 days extra for buying the $1/month to convert). You could also use a date + days app to figure out your new expiration date if you wanted. For me both features were in the same app.

But the bigger thing to focus on is there are 1095 days in 3 years. So your prime target should be 1064 days of combined service (3 years -31 days). I hope this reply is helpful

i did the dollar upgrade, but at the same time i bought the best buy 3 month ultimate card...now it doesnt work

anyone wanna buy or trade for the 3 month card. i paid 16.23 for it, or ill take a $15 xbox code :( 

I saw it advertised on an E3 week sale page, so probably just as long as that, I think.

But then again, I really don't follow Xbox much so I could be wrong.

Just to confirm, if I straight up get 3 years of Live today all at once there will be no problem upgrading it due to the one month option? I'll just lose the "37th" month? (Assuming I don't add any extra months for enabling auto renewal when redeeming the codes)

Edit: Added a 2 year code and then a 1 year code of Live to my account and was able to upgrade to Ultimate without any issues. Never received prompts about extra months, maybe because of the codes I was using.

For anyone who didn't have Gold or Game Pass, can you just redeem three 12 month codes, then pay the $1 without issue? Or would I be better off just getting two years?

For anyone who didn't have Gold or Game Pass, can you just redeem three 12 month codes, then pay the $1 without issue? Or would I be better off just getting two years?
On another forum someone did just that and said it worked. Just don't take the free month for auto renew. Otherwise you will not be able to redeem the 3rd code.

Just got done doing this. Used MS credit to get 1 year and bought 2 more years from CDkeys. Avoided getting the extra month when redeeming the codes and I was easily able to upgrade all three years for $1. Got Ultimate through June of 2022.

My gold expires in August and game pass expires in October. I don’t have enough money right now to do the max of three years but bought a year of gold and used my points to get another month. From the calculations I’ve seen, if I switch to Ultimate I should be good until the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021. I prefer having them separate but I was already going to reup my gold anyhow so getting a “free year” of game pass is too good to pass up. Or am I doing it wrong?

Hey guys, I’m trying to get this straight.

I have XBL Gold until April 2020. Can I get game pass for $1 each month for this entire time until April 2020?
Any other benefits I am missing?

Hoping the $1 deal lasts for more than this week. I renewed my gold last month and I must have added the free month because now I can’t enter my third gold code. It let me add my second saying I’m good till 6/15/2021. I’m hoping it will let me add it on the 15th so I can get the most out of 36 months. I tried again today with no luck.

On another forum someone did just that and said it worked. Just don't take the free month for auto renew. Otherwise you will not be able to redeem the 3rd code.
Yup, that's the problem I ran into coming into their completely new for Xbox. Don't do anything that, after redeeming a prepaid, will push you past 35/36 months. I messed up by getting the free month of auto renewal and a free month of normal Game Pass before trying to add my prepaid XBL gold codes, as it blocked me.

My gold expires in August and game pass expires in October. I don’t have enough money right now to do the max of three years but bought a year of gold and used my points to get another month. From the calculations I’ve seen, if I switch to Ultimate I should be good until the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021. I prefer having them separate but I was already going to reup my gold anyhow so getting a “free year” of game pass is too good to pass up. Or am I doing it wrong?
That all sounds right - my guess is beginning of 2021.

Hey guys, I’m trying to get this straight.

I have XBL Gold until April 2020. Can I get game pass for $1 each month for this entire time until April 2020?
Any other benefits I am missing?
Not $1 each month - just $1 period, and it will go to May 2020 because of the month you get for the $1. Add more Gold or GP beforehand if you can to make the deal even better, up to 3 years.

So... where is the best deal for Xbox Gold today?  Might as well resubscribe before grabbing this $1 deal.

Just got done doing this. Used MS credit to get 1 year and bought 2 more years from CDkeys. Avoided getting the extra month when redeeming the codes and I was easily able to upgrade all three years for $1. Got Ultimate through June of 2022.
Oh cool! Thanks!

Did you do it on your Xbox, or does this all work fine on a phone?

That all sounds right - my guess is beginning of 2021.
Thanks. Depending on how things go, I might go back to separate subscriptions after ultimate expires. There are some good games on game pass and this seems to be to good to pass up. I I hope they come up with some tiered cheaper subscriptions than just a monthly fee.

Earlier today I had 2 months of Gold and less than a month of Game Pass left. I bought a 2 year Gold card for $75 off the trade forum, and two 3 month cards from CD Keys (8 months total) for $33. So for $108, I now have Game Pass Ultimate until 6/22! This has to be the best deal I’ve ever got from this site 😊

i did the dollar upgrade, but at the same time i bought the best buy 3 month ultimate card...now it doesnt work

anyone wanna buy or trade for the 3 month card. i paid 16.23 for it, or ill take a $15 xbox code :(
I will buy it off you if I can’t get this stupid upgrade issue resolved.

Just finished upgrading. With the year of gold I bought and the prepaid of gold and gamepass, I’m good until April 2021. That’s good enough for me.

If you are a costco member, it's currently $94.99 for a 24 month sub.
Used a friend’s account, and got this... wtf Costco?

Order Cancelled
We regret to inform you that we were unable to process your Costco.com order.
Please review the information below to ensure it is correct.

Ug.  Just checked my credit card and there are a ton of $1.09 charges from microsoft.  No wonder I got a fraud alert, I think that every time I've tried to do the upgrade and I get the `Try again later.' message it's trying it multiple times.  On the phone now and supposedly they've cleared them out, but they still can't get the order to work.  

bread's done
Back